Tim Tebow Playing TE With Jags

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Own The West":2f39it30 said:
I like Tim Tebow, but think he's a lousy QB. Does that make me a hater?

Just curious what the black and white crowd think, or is there some gray area after all?

It doesn't make you a hater, it makes you sane. He is absolutely abysmal as a pro quarterback.

Spohawks

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":2z36zke6 said:
Own The West":2z36zke6 said:

Just curious what the black and white crowd think, or is there some gray area after all?

It doesn't make you a hater, it makes you sane. He is absolutely abysmal as a pro quarterback.
Would you say Vinney Testaverde was absolutely abysmal?

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Looks like Twisted has embraced his Christian bigotry. “Nut jobs” etc.

I’m not a Tebow fan and he probably didn’t get the chance he deserved but not my fight.

Bigots like Twisted though? Deserves a timeout for the hate.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Spohawks":16q1ndii said:
Maelstrom787":16q1ndii said:
Own The West":16q1ndii said:

Vinny btw played 233 games had 46k passing with 275 td's Tebow
can't even sniff his jock.

chris98251

Reaction score
IndyHawk":5ig2jnvg said:
Spohawks":5ig2jnvg said:
Maelstrom787":5ig2jnvg said:
Own The West":5ig2jnvg said:

Vinny btw played 233 games had 46k passing with 275 td's Tebow
can't even sniff his jock.

Once out of Tampa Vinny was actually a decent but not great QB.

There was a reason Steve Young would not play there and jumped to the USFL, ask Trent Dilfer he knows also.

Spohawks

Reaction score
Career Passer Rating
Vin-money 75%
Tim the Baller 75.3%

Cry if you must, whine if you have to...but with the body of work given to each man...Tim wins!

Just as a pro tip to know if its hate or knowledge in you for the Tebow...if you still think Vinster was okay but Timmie was a "horrible" QB, let the passer rating expose your true nature.

Passer rating covers every stat for actual meaningful production on the field. No drama, just straight up production for a passer.
TDs, INTs, Yards, passing attempts and passing completions.

chris98251

Reaction score
Spohawks":2prt0jt3 said:
Career Passer Rating
Vin-money 75%
Tim the Baller 75.3%

Cry if you must, whine if you have to...but with the body of work given to each man...Tim wins!

Just as a pro tip to know if its hate or knowledge in you for the Tebow...if you still think Vinster was okay but Timmie was a "horrible" QB, let the passer rating expose your true nature.

Passer rating covers every stat for actual meaningful production on the field. No drama, just straight up production for a passer.

Tebow Career Stats

SUMMARY
Career

G

AV

QBrec
8-6-0

Cmp%

Yds

Y/A

TD

Int

Vinny
SUMMARY
Career
G

AV

QBrec
90-123-1

Cmp%56.5
Yds

Y/A

TD

Int

Sorry for how it broke out, but body of work, Tebow is still working with on a hand not a body.

Spohawks

Reaction score
Body of work is a body of work. No player knows when the NFL will cut ties with them...all that matters is what they do with thier time in the NFL.

Some say Mahomes is the best QB ever...only after 4 years. He definitely has the biggest contract. It goes to show that time on the field is not the biggest factor...production is.

Tebow beat Vin. So the question is...how do you rate Vinnie and how do you rate Tebow? Your answer will tell you if you are a hater or not.

chris98251

Reaction score
Spohawks":3f4zumkh said:
Body of work is a body of work. No player knows when the NFL will cut ties with them...all that matters is what they do with thier time in the NFL.

Some say Mahomes is the best QB ever...only after 4 years. He definitely has the biggest contract. It goes to show that time on the field is not the biggest factor...production is.

Tebow beat Vin. So the question is...how do you rate Vinnie and how do you rate Tebow? Your answer will tell you if you are a hater or not.

First I don't care if you think I am a hater or not, secondly Vinny I said was decent, not great.

Tebow is a Bobby Douglas Clone, go ahead and look him up I will wager you never knew he was.

Spohawks

Reaction score
Bobby D? No Google needed! Saying Tim is like BD is like saying Tim is like Joe Montana. Yeah, they all threw and ran the ball sometimes...but the numbers don't match up.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Spohawks":33vjkoci said:
Career Passer Rating
Vin-money 75%
Tim the Baller 75.3%

Passer rating isn't a percentage, genius. Also, Testaverde played in a time where his passer rating was much closer to average. He also played for a LONG time, unlike that noodle-armed cornball Teblow. 75 today (and early in the 2010s) is absolutely horrific.

chris98251

Reaction score
Spohawks":3tia0scs said:
Bobby D? No Google needed! Saying Tim is like BD is like saying Tim is like Joe Montana. Yeah, they all threw and ran the ball sometimes...but the numbers don't match up.

You have no clue about him obviously, and no it isn't, go back to Reddit or wherever you came from, you have no legs to stand on with what your posting, it is just above jibberish.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Vinny single handedly scored us Mike Holmgren and thus our subsequent first ever trip to the Super Bowl.

Timmy did nothing of the sort.

Spohawks

Reaction score
I always feel like name calling and excuss making shows up when a poster can't handle the facts.

Numbers don't lie, Tim has a better passer rating than Vinniy. Therefore with their body of work, Tim was a better passer.

The real question is....Why do you hate Tebow?

You can't look at 2 exact same cars and say "This one is decent but this one is absolutely abysmal" without there being something personal agaisnt that 2nd car.

Why do you guys hate Tim?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Spohawks":3oop949h said:
I always feel like name calling and excuss making shows up when a poster can't handle the facts.

Numbers don't lie, Tim has a better passer rating than Vinniy. Therefore with their body of work, Tim was a better passer.

The real question is....Why do you hate Tebow?

You can't look at 2 exact same cars and say "This one is decent but this one is absolutely abysmal" without there being something personal agaisnt that 2nd car.

Why do you guys hate Tim?

Yeah, no. A 75 passer rating in 2011 is much further below average than it was throughout the 90s. It used to be "meh," but in 2011 it's hilariously dogshit.

Spohawks

Reaction score
The 2nd highest passing rating ever (96.80) came from Steve Young who played during the same era and even a little earlier. Please stop with the "The era matters" garbage! The QB matters and the numbers prove it.

Just more worthless/non logical excuses to hate Tim.

So the next big question is...does it suck to live a life that consists of hating on a man who did nothing wrong to you?

This might be the saddest thread in .Net history!

chris98251

Reaction score
Spohawks":15nke2ei said:
The 2nd highest passing rating ever (96.80) came from Steve Young who played during the same era and even a little earlier. Please stop with the "The era matters" garbage! The QB matters and the numbers prove it.

So the next big question is...does it suck to live a life that consists of hating on a man who did nothing wrong to you?

Not for the reasons you think................

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Spohawks":2udutxpm said:

That 96.8 you mentioned is actually tenth all-time for career passer rating, and would've been good for only 14th in the league last year in 2020... or, you know, barely above average.

"Era doesn't matter," lmao how embarrassing

Spohawks

Reaction score
At least 6 of your top 10 are still playing. Is that really their total career? Heck, Your number 1 has only 2.9 years worth of playing stats...should we add in WRs who have thrown in a football game now?

Lol There is an enormous difference between a career and last year stats. Who has all the WR records? Rice...played in the 80s. RB records? E. Smith...drafted 1990. No, era means very little, its about the player.

Its okay to be wrong, but please try to limit it...its getting old for the other members!

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Spohawks":37u315z9 said:
At least 6 of your top 10 are still playing. Is that really their total career? Heck, Your number 1 has only 2.9 years worth of playing stats...should we add in WRs who have thrown in a football game now?

Lol There is an enormous difference between a career and last year stats. Who has all the WR records? Rice...played in the 80s. RB records? E. Smith...drafted 1990. No, era means very little, its about the player.

Its okay to be wrong, but please try to limit it...its getting old for the other members!

Bud, you've gotten clowned on the whole thread. Most of your posting history is just you replying to getting clowned on.

Your points are weak. His passer rating is trash, and it's even more trash in the modern era of football. The fact that you have to compare him to Vinny Testaverde, who was pedestrian in an era where passing games simply weren't even close to as efficient as they are now, is telling.

Anyone who knows literally anything about passing can see that Tebow is nothing more than an arm punter, and its exactly why he got canned and had to go launch a terrible baseball career, only to come back as a gimmicky tight end. Period.

By your logic, Matt Flynn is the best quarterback of all time because of his single game where he absolutely demolished the Lions with almost 500 yards and 6 touchdowns.

Tebow can't touch Matt Flynn. Why do you hate Matt Flynn? It's so obvious that you're a Flynn hater! Ask yourself: "Why do I hate Matt Flynn?"