TNF rooting interest: Cowboys or Bears?

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Maulbert":deiq5bij said:
I'm not rooting for them, but a Dallas win is more beneficial to us, because Dallas can't tie us in the Wild Card but Chicago can, and if they do, they'd have the tiebreaker since there's only one way they can tie us. In other words, a Cowboy win leaves only the Rams as a threat to knock us out of the playoffs.

Just FYI, Dallas can't tie us in the WC because the only way they don't win the NFC East is if the Eagles do, and the Cowboys can't finish behind the Eagles without finishing with a worse record than us.

Yeah, I'm not worried about those ifs and maybes at this point. If we're at the point where the Rams knock us out of the playoffs, then something completely unlikely has happened and we've seen a total collapse, in which case, playoffs will be the last thing from anyone's mind at that point. No, rooted for the Bears in this one easily. So glad they won. Would love to see the NFC East won by a 6-10 team if that's still possible. Bring on the losses for that sorry division and watch the NFL shriek in horror.

SantaClaraHawk":deiq5bij said:
Maulbert":deiq5bij said:

Wow, I thought they were all digital now and on your phone.

Well yes, most of the franchises do digital tickets now. The Cowboys probably haven't had to update since their last Super Bowl, so they're probably still using VCR-era technology for their tickets too. And the only reason they only left as many as they did was because they couldn't afford more. Jerruh's house isn't just your average, run-of-the-mill money suck, you know!

Polaris

Reaction score
Wow. Just putrid. Do you think the Cowboys can win the NFC East with a 6 and 10 record?

Threedee

Reaction score
Polaris":3jge434s said:
Wow. Just putrid. Do you think the Cowboys can win the NFC East with a 6 and 10 record?

I would actually be okay with this, because I like things that piss everybody off (like tie games). I would still hope for the Cowgirls to get wrecked in the WC game, but, it would make-up for Philly not winning the Least.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
kidhawk":13or0m8o said:
Maulbert":13or0m8o said:
SantaClaraHawk":13or0m8o said:
I don't see Bears able to catch Minny, so I'll table that part for now.

If the Eagles end up flying past the Cowboys, and if we are the WC, there's some advantage in us having played them in their house recently as we know what they're about.

OTOH, we have trouble in the rain, and including that game. Going to Dallas would eliminate the weather factor but they did beat us last year and possibly could be in players' heads still.

I always root against Cowboys because...well, I irrationally hate them, but am wondering here whether it'd be in our favor to do so.

Thoughts?

I'm not rooting for them, but a Dallas win is more beneficial to us, because Dallas can't tie us in the Wild Card but Chicago can, and if they do, they'd have the tiebreaker since there's only one way they can tie us. In other words, a Cowboy win leaves only the Rams as a threat to knock us out of the playoffs.

Just FYI, Dallas can't tie us in the WC because the only way they don't win the NFC East is if the Eagles do, and the Cowboys can't finish behind the Eagles without finishing with a worse record than us.

Everything in here is factual, but to be totally honest, if the Bears end up competing with us for the wild card, we probably don't deserve to get in.
Truth. Any scenario that has us missing the playoffs pretty much requires us to lose out the rest of the way. If that happens, I don't want us in the playoffs.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
OrangeGravy":ujvybv5d said:
kidhawk":ujvybv5d said:
Everything in here is factual, but to be totally honest, if the Bears end up competing with us for the wild card, we probably don't deserve to get in.
Truth. Any scenario that has us missing the playoffs pretty much requires us to lose out the rest of the way. If that happens, I don't want us in the playoffs.

Well, of course you'd still want to go to the prom, but it'd be like riding a moped to get there.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":14ri476i said:
The Cowboys vs. teams below .500
6-1

The Cowboys vs. teams at .500 or above
0-6

Paper tigers indeed

Not to mention leading a division with a sub .500 record as of this loss. I posted a thread on bad forecasting, damn there were a lot of "experts" sure this was gonna be a tough division with the cowboys or eagles taking it and the other as a wildcard.

Someone else posted about changing seeding. That division at this point barely deserves a playoff berth at all!

AubHawk71

Reaction score
Dolphins, Giant's, Lions, Washington, oh my!

Not only sub 500 teams, The only teams they have beat...none have won more than 3 games this year.

What's amazing is how the offense and defense are both top 10 in the league...that points to some serious (hotseat) coaching issues...

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
God I hope Jerry stays alive and continues meddling for another 15 years. Love watching a billionaire who thinks he's a genius continue to fail from a GM and hiring perspective. It's beautiful.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
All of the sudden, the sports news shows plus their own fanbase are saying what we've long said about them: Not relevant for 20+ years. QB not all that. Underperforming coach.

Their own fan posters want a tank instead of winning a division they're still on top of! Because getting high draft picks is more preferable to "making this meaningless playoff and getting beat by Seattle or SF."

And then Jerrah shows up on his radio thing, has a tantrum at the announcer and hangs up. But wait! He didn't hang up--they dropped HIM b/c he started cussing on air...

https://fansided.com/2019/12/06/jerry-j ... d-cowboys/

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":272jkdrx said:
God I hope Jerry stays alive and continues meddling for another 15 years. Love watching a billionaire who thinks he's a genius continue to fail from a GM and hiring perspective. It's beautiful.
:2thumbs:

He's spent 25 years trying to prove it wasn't Jimmy that was the main reason for their success in the 90s when in fact it was and in reality he just wrote the checks. No wonder he drinks.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
I have no real vested interest in either team. But seeing the Cowboys lose again and Jerry panic is very entertaining at least. As for you or us going to Dallas in a potential playoff game I wouldn't worry about that. Realistically you or the 49ers beat Dallas. Both of us would likely beat them. They aren't that intimidating and are a marginal playoff team if they do make it in. Again that doesn't mean the current system is fair as stated in other threads. A terribly weak division should not host a playoff game against a much better team with a better record just because they won that division. But that's how it is for now at least until they change it. But both of our teams would beat them. So don't worry.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I don't believe that DAL can beat SEA (or SF for that matter).

It's more the spoiler effect. Cards are an excellent example. They lost to us, but they still killed the LOB. Because it's still the playoffs, it'll mean taking out all the stops for whoever has to go down there, and because they suck so much, any victory will be foreseen and not be that fun.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
AubHawk71":26lh52ph said:
Dolphins, Giant's, Lions, Washington, oh my!

Not only sub 500 teams, The only teams they have beat...none have won more than 3 games this year.

What's amazing is how the offense and defense are both top 10 in the league...that points to some serious (hotseat) coaching issues...

Well a better way to look at this would be that you aren't playing anybody.
That allows you to pad your stats and look like a contender.
They are what they are ..Nothing but a big paper tiger!