To all the guys that don't like Carroll

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Think about Dallas as well, they're really doing well on the SB front, LOL.

Half of the reality of these teams is nothing but pure hype.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, I will never in my life want this team to lose, EVER. I would LOVE to see a change. It's not going to happen. Pete seems to just have immunity from Jody.
When HE decides to quit, that'll be it. Unless I see different, that's my own opinion on what will happen.

In the meantime, I want to see my team make the playoffs. Because winning is a good thing. Playoffs are a very good thing. It's entertainment, I certainly take it WAY too seriously, like many of us. But in the end, it's entertainment, it's a game, it's a nice release from life drama etc.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Of course, I enjoyed the win. I enjoy every Seahawks win. Did you expect some other reaction?

It was nice to win one that we should have lost than lose one we should have won, ie Rams and Cowboys. But a "big" win? I guess it depends on your definition of 'big'. It was a mild upset as we were just 3.5 point underdogs and it didn't result in a playoff berth or anything. I'd call it a solid win.
Good point. Philly was on a three game losing streak, it’s not like they are world beaters anymore.

seahawks08

Reaction score
I like Carroll except for his tendencies around hiring his assistants and assembling a formidable team. He did it the first time around where he kept churning the rosters and the coaches coached well to scheme and adapt to adversity. Right now we have are a very expensive team in lot of ways around defense but we are unable to show that convert or transferrable into the field. It's okay to make mistakes, but course correction probably is what is hampering this organization from a fans point of view. If we can't win out our division after so many of the attempts, I would think we are at least 3 years behind schedule and another 2 years to go if we have to right this ship, of course with no guarantees. Wholesale changes never always work, but for a fan, when you live through this after our amazing run at the Super Bowl and an amazing HC who orchestrated the entire thing, you obviously would aspire to be the best in the league. When 49ers, Rams continuously play you and beat you, this definitely creates a doubt towards a fan who can look at it subjectively rather than be blinded. The league has gotten so competitive that hiring and installing schemes to keep up with the league has to be the most critical step for this organization to be competitive year round in my opinion. I love Pete for who he is, but he needs to surround him with talent. He is capable of doing that and he just needs to lean on JS to help him out a bit.

beastalamode

Reaction score
It figures that the one game that Pete surprises us with a win is also the game that gives the niners the 1 seed :-(

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
Really? because the Niners had only 2-6 wins in the four years between 2015-2018,and they weren't competing AT ALL. Those years got them Bosa and a lot of the other dudes rebuilding from the ground up that has resulted in 3 trips to the NFCCG and 1 SB trip in the last 4 years, oh and they are the team to beat this year hands down even with that 3 game slide mid-season. I'd say that impact was pretty positive in the long run. Your defined long run of non-competitiveness may be a season or two of a current roster quitting, but the true long run expands beyond 1-2 seasons.
Their down years have been due to absurd levels of season ending injuries to key players. They didn't tank and they didn't jettison their coaching staff. They got lucky

Scout

Reaction score
PC when it comes to coaching up young talent is fantastic and has them competing. The problem is the coordinators which is more so with the defensive side of the ball. PC should be more involved to fix the mess that is the defensive side of the ball. Granted you need talent to dominate but at the same time there is more to it. That is the reality that defensive play is about teaching concepts and right now the defensive players have looked dazed and confused the last few years. PC has emphasized to keep defense simple to allow players to think less and play with their athleticism but I am seeing a lot of thinking out there and not knowing proper assignments. Not just the young players but veteran defensive players at the Pro Bowl level look like keystone cops out there.

It is up to PC to prove that his defensive approach is not outdated and still resonates with players.