To be fair or not, Russ MVP is gone.

getnasty

Reaction score
If Russ continues with what he's doing and Seattle is a 1 seed he'll have a shot.

rcaido

Reaction score
We got the NFL Least and the Jets. If Russ can 3 to 4 tds each game, he can back in it. Mahomes and Erin are in the lead right now.

olyfan63

Reaction score
A couple subpar games with turnovers won't put Russell out of the running. Now, if he has a couple more, then yeah.

If Russell gets his first few MVP votes this year, that will be good enough for me. All the focus on MVP is a distraction, really, for Russell and the team. We all know how important Russell is to the team.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
RCATES":99fb94cy said:
Shanegotyou11":99fb94cy said:
Its unfortunate. It is gone now. Mahomes has 1 pick.

He has forced lately and its not all his fault to me. The defense is atrocious.

No one is winning MVP with this many turnovers. Another fumble just now. It’s gone.

Mahomes had 14 turnovers in 2018 lol. Yet another example of you people nitpicking and holding Russ to this extreme standard that you can't explain away. Some of you just need to own your bias with Russ, let's stop pretending.

ducks41468

Reaction score
Scorpion05":2mv2zaz5 said:
RCATES":2mv2zaz5 said:
Shanegotyou11":2mv2zaz5 said:
Its unfortunate. It is gone now. Mahomes has 1 pick.

He has forced lately and its not all his fault to me. The defense is atrocious.

No one is winning MVP with this many turnovers. Another fumble just now. It’s gone.

Mahomes had 14 turnovers in 2018 lol. Yet another example of you people nitpicking and holding Russ to this extreme standard that you can't explain away. Some of you just need to own your bias with Russ, let's stop pretending.

When he was carrying a much worse defense than he has now. It's almost like there's a correlation between turnovers and the quality of the defense you have to compensate for that's been borne out throughout all of history (Brees, Marino, etc etc), almost as if a bad defense puts more pressure on you and makes you force plays. Imagine that.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I think that's always been the issue with RW, is like when he's on fire he's on fire, but when he has a poor game. It's usually one with like 3-4 turn overs and he always ends up with like 2 possibly 3 in a season...and often times these poor games happen towards the end of the year (or in the playoffs). Tell me I'm wrong, but I know I'm not. I think if he picks back up he can put himself back in the MVP race, but he definitely s NOT the front runner and basically RW is going to have to ball out while Mahomes is gonna need to have a bad game or two to fall behind. Combine that with the NFCW opponents that the Seahawks have left to play (which historically bring RW bad games). RW's MVP trajectory looks poor.

hawks85

Reaction score
And I'm blaming ******* Ken Norton for all of this. If we had even a below average defense Wilson wouldn't have to be out there having to score every single ******* to play to have a chance to win. Petey boy would rather piss away a super bowl season with a MVP QB then fire the worst DC in the history of the NFL all because they are buddies. I don't know about you but that's a head coach I don't wanna play for.

RCATES

Reaction score
Russell Wilson was the Seahawks lowest-graded player on offense. His 52.7 grade was his lowest since a 47.4 in 2017 against the Redskins.

4 turnovers yesterday alone with Rams and Cardinals up next. Yeah MVP is gone.

RCATES

Reaction score
hawks85":2q91upjr said:
And I'm blaming f*** Ken Norton for all of this. If we had even a below average defense Wilson wouldn't have to be out there having to score every single f*** to play to have a chance to win. Petey boy would rather piss away a super bowl season with a MVP QB then fire the worst DC in the history of the NFL all because they are buddies. I don't know about you but that's a head coach I don't wanna play for.

Little known fact. This is Pete's Defense. Nothings changing.

John63

Reaction score
RCATES":n1cl0uob said:
Russell Wilson was the Seahawks lowest-graded player on offense. His 52.7 grade was his lowest since a 47.4 in 2017 against the Redskins.

Dot agree a couple of 4-5 td not to games, and he is right back on top

rcaido

Reaction score
RCATES":1n5d6hhz said:

Not really, Wilson was the clear leader. Now its a 3man race w/ Erin, Mahomey, & Wilson. Mahomes is slightly on top, Wilson 2nd, & Erin 3rd.

Wilson still has 4td lead + 1 game to play over Mahomes. More yards average & higher completion. His team is also first place in his conference.

Also note, Mahomes had a really bad games in his MVP year. He threw 3int & 2 fumbles against the Rams. A couple of other times he got 2ints.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
First you guys said Russ's MVP was gone after the Arizona loss, then it was back on..........now it's off again.

Nothing's changed for Russell. If we go 13-3 or 12-4, get the #1 seed and Russell continues to play at a high level breaking NFL records? Then he has a great chance to win the MVP.

If we stumble some more and come back down into the 11-5 or 10-6 fighting for another WC and lose the division? Then no MVP.

All that's changed is his margin for error is getting narrower and narrower with each loss.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Ace_Rimmer":v8hm5zpp said:
John63":v8hm5zpp said:
Seanhawk":v8hm5zpp said:
Ace_Rimmer":v8hm5zpp said:
Good! Let’s focus on the big prize!

This team has virtually no shot at a Super Bowl unless they get the #1 seed. Russ likely wins the MVP if we get the #1 seed because the defense sure as hell isn't carrying this team to 13-14 wins. So basically, no MVP, no Super Bowl.

The sad part is some on here are okay with no SB as long as Wilson does not get the MVP. The are gitty at the thought.

I’m not! I’m a Hawks fan, not a RW fan, although I love the guy. I want the Lombardi!
Me too! Could give a crap less about season MVP...Win the SB MVP Russ!
Then we will all be happy..

John63

Reaction score
IndyHawk":23nra391 said:
Ace_Rimmer":23nra391 said:
John63":23nra391 said:
Seanhawk":23nra391 said:
This team has virtually no shot at a Super Bowl unless they get the #1 seed. Russ likely wins the MVP if we get the #1 seed because the defense sure as hell isn't carrying this team to 13-14 wins. So basically, no MVP, no Super Bowl.

The sad part is some on here are okay with no SB as long as Wilson does not get the MVP. The are gitty at the thought.

I’m not! I’m a Hawks fan, not a RW fan, although I love the guy. I want the Lombardi!
Me too! Could give a crap less about season MVP...Win the SB MVP Russ!
Then we will all be happy..

good for you guys does not change the fact some here if given a choice of Wilson winning the MVP and a SB and Wilson not winning MVP and us not winning SB would pick the not. They are giddy with the idea he as they put it can't win the MVP now. thats all they cared about. AND FYI you can be a hawk fan and want to win the MVP and still rot for Wilson to win MVP or Wagner defensive player etc. real fans would want their players to win awards as well as their teams to win SB.

balakoth

Reaction score
So lets say he doesnt throw another int...

Cam Newton Won with more, Rodgers won with the same, Brady with the Same

Lets say he throws one more and still throws for 50 tds.. you still think so huh? WHile carrying the NFL Historically worst Defense..

Some of you are plain nuts.

balakoth

Reaction score
In fact PM had 12 in his year... some of you are just ready to jump off a ship because of our defense and mistakes by a QB still having a prime of his career season

rcaido

Reaction score
Dont mind the Wilson haters, they been talking so much crap about him since he became a Seahawk.

I did some stat matching for the MVP candidates compared to Wilson that year he should have won or at least one vote.

Newton 296/495 59.8% 3847yrds 35td 10 int 94.2 rating
Wilson 329/483 68.1% 4024yrds 34TD 8int 110.1 rating

Wilson probably had one of the best second half season in NFL history.

Brady 385/581 66.3% 4577 32td 8int 102.8
Wilson 339/553 61.3% 3983 34td 11int 95.4

Wilson lead the team in rushing 588yrds, the league 34tds. He was responsible for 86percent offense output and scored 37 of 38 tds that season. Did not receive a single vote for Offensive player of the year or MVP.

Jackson 2019 265/401 66.1% 3127 37tds 6int 113.3 rating
Wilson 2019 341/516 66.1% 4110 31tds 5int 106.3%
Jackson just clearly had the better team around him but statistically he beat out Wilson but was he the most "valuable" player? A year that we were suppose to rebuild, we look so good probably could have made the superbowl if we didn't have our 1st, 2nd, and 3rd option RB injuries. Wilson had 5game winning drive, unlike Lamar who lead pretty much all their games they won.

Mahomes 2018 383/580 66.03% 5097 50td 12int 113.8 rating
Wilson 2020 211/297 71.00% 2541 28TD 8int 117.1 rating

Everyone talk about Mahomes being the best player ever after that season, yet Wilson is on pace to break Mahomes MVP year in every category except INT. They still have the best record in their division & tied 1st in the conference. Could this be another year, where he should have won it or going to lose again by the media killers.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Good Lord. He looks human for a couple games and suddenly he's out of the MVP conversation? Let's put it this way. I asked my neighbor today - someone who has a solid NFL IQ and a Broncos fan - if he thinks after the game yesterday if Russ is no longer the front runner for MVP.

He looked at me kind of funny as if to say, "One bad game?" He flat out said he is still the front-runner. It holds weight because he's not a Seahawks fan in the least. Relax people. As long as Russ gets back to doing what he does, he's still your MVP this year.

Somos doces

Reaction score
MVP: Most VALUABLE Player... If that’s the criteria, Russell Wilson has to still be the top contender.

Seems to me when RW plays well his team wins, and when he plays like crap they lose. How much more valuable can you get?

Latest posts