To be fair or not, Russ MVP is gone.

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Aros":8eeeye19 said:
Good Lord. He looks human for a couple games and suddenly he's out of the MVP conversation? Let's put it this way. I asked my neighbor today - someone who has a solid NFL IQ and a Broncos fan - if he thinks after the game yesterday if Russ is no longer the front runner for MVP.

He looked at me kind of funny as if to say, "One bad game?" He flat out said he is still the front-runner. It holds weight because he's not a Seahawks fan in the least. Relax people. As long as Russ gets back to doing what he does, he's still your MVP this year.

Ok wanna put money on it? That russ wont win mvp?

He wont. He will have a amazing season but will have another 2 or 3int game.

Russ is one of my favorite hawk players of all time and i dont jump ship. I am being honest.

Mahomes has 25 and 1.
Russ has 28 and 8.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":1y2yfh0q said:

Russ is one of my favorite hawk players of all time and i dont jump ship. I am being honest.

Mahomes has 25 and 1.
Russ has 28 and 8.

Wow, apparently the future has been set in your mind. Must be nice to know the outcome already.

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Aros":2out8typ said:
Shanegotyou11":2out8typ said:

Mahomes has 25 and 1.
Russ has 28 and 8.

Wow, apparently the future has been set in your mind. Must be nice to know the outcome already.

No lets bet then and i will gladly eat crow. I would like russ to win mvp but he has 7 more picks the mahomes and only 3tds more.

I hope he does.

W

Welshers

Shanegotyou11":3tgld760 said:
Aros":3tgld760 said:
Shanegotyou11":3tgld760 said:

Mahomes has 25 and 1.
Russ has 28 and 8.

No lets bet then and i will gladly eat crow. I would like russ to win mvp but he has 7 more picks the mahomes and only 3tds more.

I hope he does.
Remember MVP isn't about BEST player it's about MOST VALUABLE. If the Chiefs lose Mahomes I imagine they are still a playoff team, they did fine without him last year. They have lots of pieces. If the Seahawks lose Wilson? I can't imagine us winning more than 8 games. So I think that means Wilson is more VALUABLE to his team. In fact I can't think of another player in the NFL more valuable to their team then Wilson the last couple years. If we're being literal.

ducks41468

Reaction score
The Chiefs are 6th in scoring defense, the Seahawks are 3rd to last. That makes a huge difference

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I've avoided this thread because, well, I figured it would be an absolute dumpster fire of sack cloth and ashes.

Yup. I was right again.

Come on Man. Not only is Russ not out of the running for MVP, he is still the leader by a small margin.

The MVP is not the league's most valuable player. We all know this. It the award for the "it" QB of the year. Yes, he has to win the division, and probably needs to have the best record in the conference, but he is clearly the "it" QB this year, unless he crashes and burns.

All other potential MVPs already have won it before, and that gives Russ a bit of a leg up. Every time I hear the MVP convo come up in the media, the common refrain is the travesty that Wilson has never received even a single vote.

Nothing is set in stone, but can anyone find an article where Russ isn't listed as one of the top 3? One where he isn't listed at #1? The latter probably exists, but I haven't seen it.

I want the Lombardi, but if we get the Lombardi, Russ will have won the MVP. Hope he can get the trifecta. MVP, Lombardi, and Super Bowl MVP.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Welshers":6buiyvr7 said:
Remember MVP isn't about BEST player it's about MOST VALUABLE. If the Chiefs lose Mahomes I imagine they are still a playoff team, they did fine without him last year. They have lots of pieces. If the Seahawks lose Wilson? I can't imagine us winning more than 8 games. So I think that means Wilson is more VALUABLE to his team. In fact I can't think of another player in the NFL more valuable to their team then Wilson the last couple years. If we're being literal.

Absolutely nailed it.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
The MVP has literally nothing to do with being the most valuable player in the league, otherwise, Russ would have had votes by now, if not already won it outright.

Maybe it has to do with being the most valuable player on the most successful team, but does anybody truly believe that any non-QB will ever win it again?

I'll just quote a post from Sgt Largent because he pretty much encapsulates the truth in one post.

Sgt. Largent":1ivce5m1 said:

...they will be hyping the player that's leading their team to the #1 seed and SB birth.

If Russ is that player, then they will continue to hype him. If the Hawks have a rough November and December and fall back to the Wild Card race? Then that player will not be Russ, no matter how well he plays.

2010 MVP: Tom Brady (Patriot's were 14-2 and #1 seed)
2011 MVP: Aaron Rodgers (Packers were 15-1 and #1 seed)
2012 MVP: Adrian Pederson (almost broke all time rushing with 2,097 yards)
2013 MVP: Peyton Manning (Broncos were 13-3 and #1 seed)
2014 MVP: Aaron Rodgers (Packers were 12-4 and #2 seed)
2015 MVP: Cam Newton (Panthers were 15-1 and #1 seed)
2016 MVP: Matt Ryan (11-5 #2 seed)
2017 MVP: Tom Brady (13-3 #1 seed)
2018 MVP: Patrick Mahomes (12-4 #1 seed)
2019 MVP: Lamar Jackson (14-2 #1 seed)

See a trend? It's just as much about how the team finishes as it is about Russell, because there's always 2-3 other guys having career years, and if those guy's teams finish better, win their divisions and get the #1 or #2 seeds? Then no MVP for Russ.

Seymour

Reaction score
Scorpion05":1ah0x3q0 said:
RCATES":1ah0x3q0 said:
Shanegotyou11":1ah0x3q0 said:
Its unfortunate. It is gone now. Mahomes has 1 pick.

He has forced lately and its not all his fault to me. The defense is atrocious.

No one is winning MVP with this many turnovers. Another fumble just now. It’s gone.

Mahomes had 14 turnovers in 2018 lol. Yet another example of you people nitpicking and holding Russ to this extreme standard that you can't explain away. Some of you just need to own your bias with Russ, let's stop pretending.

No pretending with this "fan". He is the one who actually claimed that Hasselbeck was "twice the QB as Wilson" :34853_doh:

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The league has only played 10 games of 16 and a lot can occur over the next 6 games.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The league has only played 10 games of 16 and a lot can occur over the next 6 games.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
ZagHawk":2a0pbgk4 said:
I think that's always been the issue with RW, is like when he's on fire he's on fire, but when he has a poor game. It's usually one with like 3-4 turn overs and he always ends up with like 2 possibly 3 in a season...and often times these poor games happen towards the end of the year (or in the playoffs). Tell me I'm wrong, but I know I'm not. I think if he picks back up he can put himself back in the MVP race, but he definitely s NOT the front runner and basically RW is going to have to ball out while Mahomes is gonna need to have a bad game or two to fall behind. Combine that with the NFCW opponents that the Seahawks have left to play (which historically bring RW bad games). RW's MVP trajectory looks poor.

Apparently I’m stupid...

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Let russ cook we will never hear again. Unless its to mock fans or Russ.