Tyler Lockett

Tical21

Reaction score
SwissCheese77":1c9zo7s1 said:
Tical21":1c9zo7s1 said:
Tyler is lowkey washed.

I do have a little sneaky suspicion that he isn't getting the separation that he used to. But I don't have the All-22 or enough analytics at my disposal to look into that.

If anyone who does wants to dive into that, I think it would be really interesting to see. Because I've got to imagine that some part of our passing game sputtering was our guys lot getting open.
The tape I saw of him this year is almost laughably bad. He spends most if the game in 2nd gear. Kinda jogs routes. There's no way you can scheme to get him the ball at this point. He's not going to get open. He just kind of jogs around, waiting for the play to break down and then he finds open grass in scramble drill.

There's some routes he knows he can win, still mostly crossers, but I think there are a lot of routes he knows Russell will never throw, so he just doesn't bother anymore. He waits for Russ to break script and then finds green. And it works pretty well, but an offense can't sustain like that. I want zero part of an extension. I'm not sure he can run a 4.8 anymore. Like him a lot, bought my kid his jersey, but his tape isn't promising.

toffee

Reaction score
I don't recall too many games, if any, that DK and Lockett both excelled in the same game. It was an either or ... Never both.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

John63

Reaction score
toffee":jziyjko3 said:
I don't recall too many games, if any, that DK and Lockett both excelled in the same game. It was an either or ... Never both.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

so last year 2020 they had

3 game were they weer both over 50 yards
1 with both over 90
1 with both over 100

2019 they had
5 both over 50
1 both over 100

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Wow, just stopped by to see if it continues. Yep, it sure does. :mrgreen:
Now people are complaining about a receiver with 100 catches, who has the 2nd most yards per target in the entire league since 2018. We have two VERY good Receivers. I'm pretty sure that's a good thing.......
Now to get a solid #3

chris98251

Reaction score
Unless you are playing a lousy defense the Seahawks are trying to build a offense thats a pick your poison, stop the run we have a passing game, take away DK we have Tyler or a TE, stop the pass we run.

Ideally that is the offense, BUT we try to force things for some reason, we can be successful doing something and we go away from it and then in desperation in the 4th will go back to it, drives me nuts, I have always been of the mind keep doing it till they stop you, then be smart enough to figure out what they gave up to stop you and exploit that aspect.

Smellyman

Reaction score
We are about to see an OC who actually schemes players open (at least he comes from a system that does).

DCs have been laughing at the Schotty O. How great RW, Carson, Lockett and DK are was the only thing saving the Offense.

jeremiah

Reaction score
Jville":3hhyms6h said:

Enough said, TL is a better team mate than DK because he never disappoints and he catches the ball.

Who is in the HOF? the guys who catch everything thrown their way. DK is a long way from that, and frankly could never reach that place. Lockett in my book is top dawg in the homeless....I mean Emerald City.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
jeremiah":2y8rt98z said:
Jville":2y8rt98z said:

Enough said, TL is a better team mate than DK because he never disappoints and he catches the ball.

Who is in the HOF? the guys who catch everything thrown their way. DK is a long way from that, and frankly could never reach that place. Lockett in my book is top dawg in the homeless....I mean Emerald City.

DK has a better catch rate than Megatron.

People are overthinking this. DK is easily the better receiver. Not the better catcher, but the better receiver.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
People are also forgetting that Jerry Rice, very likely the best we have ever seen, began his career with a lot of dropped passes. To the level that he almost got benched and got boo's from the "faithful"
Look it up, it happened. And he turned out just fine. DK has made up for whatever drops he has had pretty much every time.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
To me.....DK comes off as a prima donna receiver. I do not care if Jerry Rice dropped passes!! I care if DK drops passes!! Let us hope that he can increase his concentration this year. Some of last years drops might have cost us the game......just my opinion. :rumble: