Vic Beasley available

getnasty

Reaction score
Big disappointment in Tennessee but super talented. If not a headcase i say bring him in.

AirStrike

Reaction score
4 pressures all year and no QB hits.

and this

kEuWtao.gif

No thanks. This ain't Madden.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Slow off the snap, maybe we've seen all that needs to be seen.

PNW

Reaction score
I would rather roll with Griffin personally

Torc

Reaction score
I'll bet Pete and John have talked to Quinn about him. If they don't invite him in, that says something.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
AirStrike":25rhto5z said:

and this

kEuWtao.gif

True, this ain't Madden, and in real life this guy has had a 15.5 sack season and hasn't had less than 5 since his rookie season. I'd say worth a look.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":8b52l99w said:
True, this ain't Madden, and in real life this guy has had a 15.5 sack season and hasn't had less than 5 since his rookie season. I'd say worth a look.

Did you watch a single snap of Vic Beasley this year? Let alone last year? No, you didn't.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
AirStrike":1rqak82p said:
Maelstrom787":1rqak82p said:

Did you watch a single snap of Vic Beasley this year? Let alone last year? No, you didn't.

He's been playing pretty awful football. Still not opposed to giving him a shot. Change of scenery can do wonders for a young guy, and they haven't got much to lose.

Side note: what's with the passive-aggressive posts? Lol.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
Dont need him. Are linebackers are set. Our d line is set and dunlap, snacks, taylor, green didnt even play. We will be fine. They just need to scheme for teams like they did last week. Bring pressure from differing levels constantly. Make other teams think.

kf3339

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":3e9wtttz said:
AirStrike":3e9wtttz said:

and this

kEuWtao.gif

He has been productive every year except this one. You would have to think that perhaps it was the fit or scheme that might have been an issue with him. I would favor Quinn's opinion on him. Do we need him would be my question. Would he have a chip on his shoulder for being cut and want to make a statement? That could mean a player on a mission with a low contract demand.

I think someone is going to go after him. If not us, I hope it's not an NFC contenting team.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Go look at our roster.

If you can tell me that every roster spot taken is more valuable than the promise of an even moderately effective Beasley, then by all means stay put. Otherwise it makes no sense.

Nobody should care if he is great. They should care if he would be better than what we have. That would not be difficult to do.

I don't expect a 15 sack or even 8 sack outcome. 5 would be amazing. Could we get 2 sacks and a number of pressures? If so, he would be worth the flyer. Could I get 1 or 2 sacks in the playoffs, or just a sack near the end of a game to keep the other team from roaring back with less than 1:30 to go? Then he would be worth it.

It isn't difficult to upgrade from terrible. If he is an upgrade to assist our pass rush, we should bring him in.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Vrabel cut him. Quinn didn't want him.

He would not respond to Tennessee this summer to the tune of Half a Million dollars in fines!

Do you really want this guy on your team? No.

I doubt this locker room wants the guy around, and would respond the way Houston players did to Earl. He would be a boat anchor around their neck.

There's nobody on this defense I would let go in order to fit him under the cap, or on this team.

kf3339

Reaction score
ivotuk":2us9tb4i said:
Vrabel cut him. Quinn didn't want him.

He would not respond to Tennessee this summer to the tune of Half a Million dollars in fines!

Do you really want this guy on your team? No.

I doubt this locker room wants the guy around, and would respond the way Houston players did to Earl. He would be a boat anchor around their neck.

There's nobody on this defense I would let go in order to fit him under the cap, or on this team.

Just curious, but how do you know Quinn didn't want him? He was a free agent and could sign with any team. Perhaps the Titans just outbid Atlanta. Did you read a direct comment from Quinn that he didn't want him back?

I honestly don't know, so if that is the case it would be great if you could show me the quotes and/or links.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I read a while back that the Falcons were looking trade him after poor seasons. He just didn't seem to be motivated, until the final year of his contract.

2016 he had 15.5 sacks and 38 tackles. Then he dropped off a cliff.

2017 5 sacks, 28 tackles

2018 5 sacks 19 tackles

2019, contract year, lo and behold! 8 sacks 40 tackles.

Then Tennessee pays him 9.5 million, $500,000 of which he had to pay in fines for not showing up, and not returning calls.

He has the ability, just not the motivation.

kf3339

Reaction score
ivotuk":3urjsl7u said:
I read a while back that the Falcons were looking trade him after poor seasons. He just didn't seem to be motivated, until the final year of his contract.

2017 5 sacks, 28 tackles

2018 5 sacks 19 tackles

Then Tennessee pays him 9.5 million, $500,000 of which he had to pay in fines for not showing up, and not returning calls.

Maybe being cut this fast will be the motivation. Who knows.

massari

Reaction score
kf3339":3k8a5gzj said:
Maybe being cut this fast will be the motivation. Who knows.
And an incentive laden contract

Worth a shot

Polk738

Reaction score
IMO we've seen what this defense is capable of without Adams, Dunlap, Harrison, Green and Mayowa-I feel like it has been more about scheming to get pressure rather than relying on pure talent to create pressure-so with that said I say don't waste a roster spot on this guy and roll with what we have coming back.

TypeSly

Reaction score
Beasley is one of the most freakish athletes at his size. I'm surprised that PC and JS aren't taking a serious look at him. If anyone can light a fire in this guy (ahem... PC), he could be an absolute beast.

kf3339

Reaction score
ivotuk":2skfwbsc said:

2017 5 sacks, 28 tackles

2018 5 sacks 19 tackles

Any of those years is better than what we have now in that position. Even if just used as a situational pass rusher would be worth a flyer on him. You can make it as incentive laden as mentioned. He has to have a motivational chip on his shoulder now.