Want To Attend Seahawks Games in 2021? Get Vaccinated

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Hey, here's a question since Google can't give me a straight up answer.

I got the J&J vaccine 2 months ago. When its time to get the booster, does it need to be J&J again, or can we mix and match different vaccines?

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Chris you are so incredibly over the top in your assertions its laughable. I was simply demonstrating their absurdity. You think quite highly of yourself and your opinions that is quite clear. Anyone who dares disagree with you or your claims is quickly labeled a murderer. No doubt ending all discussion on the matter in your mind.

chris98251

Reaction score
Natethegreat":phhrrtku said:
Chris you are so incredibly over the top in your assertions its laughable. I was simply demonstrating their absurdity. You think quite highly of yourself and your opinions that is quite clear. Anyone who dares disagree with you or your claims is quickly labeled a murderer. No doubt ending all discussion on the matter in your mind.

Not over the top, it's personal. Assholes that feel that even one oops death is ok that could be preventable are why we can't have anything in this country work anymore, but it's not one oops death, its closing in on 700,000, that is not an assertion it's documented. That doesn't include long term Virus consequences, which they have not been able to tally adequately yet, that doesn't include the pain suffering surgery's that people have had to deal with that are beyond count, that doesn't include the loss for those family members due to getting infected caring for the sick and doing essential work to keep people like your ass comfortable to say shit like your over the top.

Knowing being infected even mildly and going in public is or should be manslaughter, murder, or reckless endangerment and they should be prosecuted, fined to the fullest extent allowed.

So go ahead and enjoy your self centered freedoms and civil liberties, these are millions that have suffered just in this country let alone the world.

You don't like to hear that with those freedoms and liberties there are also responsibilities and expectations that are attached to them which it seems those who scream one aspect don't want to hear. To keep those liberties and freedoms we and everyone of us has to look after what we can do to protect and help each other, if we are to ignorant to do that Government feels they have too. I suppose that a repressive rule of the land is what you want anyway feeling you will be on the winning side after all since that's what people with your mentality do.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Jerhawk":8fylsxjj said:

I got the J&J vaccine 2 months ago. When its time to get the booster, does it need to be J&J again, or can we mix and match different vaccines?
To the best of my knowledge….

You should stay with what you started, if not you should complete whatever regimen that you went with the second time.

I don’t think it’s a good idea to change horses mid stream but I’m not aware of any particular research.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
pmedic920":2csn94k0 said:
Jerhawk":2csn94k0 said:

To the best of my knowledge….

You should stay with what you started, if not you should complete whatever regimen that you went with the second time.

I don’t think it’s a good idea to change horses mid stream but I’m not aware of any particular research.

Ok thank you Pmedic!
I will stick with the J&J vaccine as a booster when the time comes.

chris98251

Reaction score
I have herd of the mixed cocktail being done, they don't know all implications, the theory is the Moderna Pfizer method with two shots and then adding the J & J after covers the variants better.

None of the companies have really tested this since the science was based on their Vaccine alone not the cocktails.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Jerhawk":2lfz4w21 said:

I got the J&J too. At the time the mass vax site we went to wouldn't show what we were gonna get until the confirmation window. Not that I cared. People were driving 100, 120 miles and more to get the shots

So, the latest is that Moderna/Pfizer is at about 80 percent after the first shot. And J&J is 66 percent. But....at least I know I have a reasonable expectation that covid will, at best, make me uncomfortable.

I hope.

The US has distributed over 11M J&J doses. If we need to get a preventive shot of that or any other thing, I'd really rather people say so.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
chris98251":1kmzqrts said:
Natethegreat":1kmzqrts said:

Not over the top, it's personal. a*hole that feel that even one oops death is ok that could be preventable are why we can't have anything in this country work anymore, but it's not one oops death, its closing in on 700,000, that is not an assertion it's documented. That doesn't include long term Virus consequences, which they have not been able to tally adequately yet, that doesn't include the pain suffering surgery's that people have had to deal with that are beyond count, that doesn't include the loss for those family members due to getting infected caring for the sick and doing essential work to keep people like your ass comfortable to say $h!t like your over the top.

Knowing being infected even mildly and going in public is or should be manslaughter, murder, or reckless endangerment and they should be prosecuted, fined to the fullest extent allowed.

So go ahead and enjoy your self centered freedoms and civil liberties, these are millions that have suffered just in this country let alone the world.

You don't like to hear that with those freedoms and liberties there are also responsibilities and expectations that are attached to them which it seems those who scream one aspect don't want to hear. To keep those liberties and freedoms we and everyone of us has to look after what we can do to protect and help each other, if we are to ignorant to do that Government feels they have too. I suppose that a repressive rule of the land is what you want anyway feeling you will be on the winning side after all since that's what people with your mentality do.
Again, you make assertions that are not even remotely based in reality.
Number one being that this virus is somehow stoppable. The entire world went into lock down. It didn't stop it or come remotely close.
Even the most severely locked down states had some of the worst rates of deaths per capita.
So attempting to pretend that it's spread is someone's fault and that their liable for murder is complete non sense. It's nothing more than an attempt to win an argument.
I could make this argument of even one death being unacceptable about many many things.
Drinking alcohol, this kills many people and destroys many lives of people around them. Lets ban it!

Driving, public transportation,, how many die per year? Unacceptable! I could go on and on and make this case about many things.

The idea that we can live life without risk is non sense.

Also I never argued that someone who knows they have it should be going around spreading it. Obviously if you know you have it take the necessary precautions.

When it comes to this vaccine its really simple. You want it? Great! Get it.
You are protected from getting the virus. Every study I have read so far has shown immunity well above 90% (in Israel they found a 98+% efficacy, another study done in the USA showed a 99+% efficacy) It's even higher for those who have had it. Which I have and so I choose not to get the vaccine since it is brand new and has not been thoroughly tested and we do not know the long term effects.
This country is based on individuals rights not being trampled by the mob (read people like you) or the government. I want to keep it that way.

chris98251

Reaction score
Natethegreat":1l29j32l said:
chris98251":1l29j32l said:
Natethegreat":1l29j32l said:

Not over the top, it's personal. a*hole that feel that even one oops death is ok that could be preventable are why we can't have anything in this country work anymore, but it's not one oops death, its closing in on 700,000, that is not an assertion it's documented. That doesn't include long term Virus consequences, which they have not been able to tally adequately yet, that doesn't include the pain suffering surgery's that people have had to deal with that are beyond count, that doesn't include the loss for those family members due to getting infected caring for the sick and doing essential work to keep people like your ass comfortable to say $h!t like your over the top.

Number one being that this virus is somehow stoppable. The entire world went into lock down. It didn't stop it or come remotely close.
Even the most severely locked down states had some of the worst rates of deaths per capita.
So attempting to pretend that it's spread is someone's fault and that their liable for murder is complete non sense. It's nothing more than an attempt to win an argument.
I could make this argument of even one death being unacceptable about many many things.
Drinking alcohol, this kills many people and destroys many lives of people around them. Lets ban it!

Driving, public transportation,, how many die per year? Unacceptable! I could go on and on and make this case about many things.

Also I never argued that someone who knows they have it should be going around spreading it. Obviously if you know you have it take the necessary precautions.

You are protected from getting the virus. Every study I have read so far has shown immunity well above 90% (in Israel they found a 98+% efficacy, another study done in the USA showed a 99+% efficacy) It's even higher for those who have had it. Which I have and so I choose not to get the vaccine since it is brand new and has not been thoroughly tested and we do not know the long term effects.
This country is based on individuals rights not being trampled by the mob (read people like you) or the government. I want to keep it that way.

It's about unnecessary risk. Where do you want my shoe print when I walk over your Martyred body?

You had it, they have not proved you can't re catch and re transmit, get the vaccine and it has been tested now by millions.

I know you want to wait 50 years to see long term effects I take it, you may grow a third eye in ten years, you dick may fall off in 5, your children may have a third nipple, you could have toxic farts.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Natethegreat":29wvyhbv said:
chris98251":29wvyhbv said:
Natethegreat":29wvyhbv said:

I don't really give a $#it about winning a gotdamned "arguement" on whether or not some fools want to get the shots or if they just don't give a s#*t about the innocent bystanders that WILL become infected if they come into contact with the selfish know-it-alls....My Brother DIED this mourning from COVID, ONE DAY before his 80th Birthday, he was a Vietnam Era Veteran & one of those who didn't go anywhere , BUT, SOMEONE WHO DIDN'T BELIEVE IN GETTING VACCINATED, AND EITHER DIDN'T GIVE A $HIT OR WAS TOTALLY UNAWARE THAT HE >>INFECTED HIM IN HIS OWN F(*^&*^*G HOME<<, AND HE'S PAID THE ULTIMATE PRICE FOR TRUSTING!! GET THE DAMNED SHOTS!!!!!.....I've had a couple of drinks, and I ain't in no mood to listen to idiots, making excuses for being careless & uncaring.

chris98251

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1win4mv2 said:
Natethegreat":1win4mv2 said:
chris98251":1win4mv2 said:
Natethegreat":1win4mv2 said:

I don't really give a $#it about winning a gotdamned "arguement" on whether or not some fools want to get the shots or if they just don't give a s#*t about the innocent bystanders that WILL become infected if they come into contact with the selfish know-it-alls....My Brother DIED this mourning from COVID, ONE DAY before his 80th Birthday, he was a Vietnam Era Veteran & one of those who didn't go anywhere , BUT, SOMEONE WHO DIDN'T BELIEVE IN GETTING VACCINATED, AND EITHER DIDN'T GIVE A $HIT OR WAS TOTALLY UNAWARE THAT HE >>INFECTED HIM IN HIS OWN F(*^&*^*G HOME<<, AND HE'S PAID THE ULTIMATE PRICE FOR TRUSTING!! GET THE DAMNED SHOTS!!!!!.....I've had a couple of drinks, and I ain't in no mood to listen to idiots, making excuses for being careless & uncaring.

Prayers and thoughts with you.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
scutterhawk":3cjs99n8 said:
Natethegreat":3cjs99n8 said:
chris98251":3cjs99n8 said:
Natethegreat":3cjs99n8 said:

Holy crap. I am so sorry for this.

And I know how easily it could have happened to us.

SO's mom had gotten a shot of Moderna. SO's dad had gotten nothing even though he is seeing the doctor as often as the mom. We took him to a FEMA site, and he got J&J.

They both ended up getting Covid in April 2021. She (partially vaccinated) had to go to the ER with symptoms but got discharged home.

He was by then fully vaccinated, and completely asymptomatic.

Even if you don't believe it's a biggie, what can it hurt. These shots are everywhere now, and if you get them right now you're gonna get swag you might not in a month. As opposed to delaying it.

If I hadn't made that grumpy decision after their Easter things would have been way different for all of us. JFC. It's just a shot. Why take the chance of actual covid killing you or disabling you and having to endure all the years you can't work before maybe you collect disability.

Goddamn. Just get the shot.

TreeRon

Reaction score
"Imagine not caring 75k died a week during the height of influenza and pnemonia season in our country alone."
This statement seems off to me. Can ypu provide a credible link (like NE Journal of Medicine, Lancet or the like).

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
TreeRon":przluq9y said:
"Imagine not caring 75k died a week during the height of influenza and pnemonia season in our country alone."
This statement seems off to me. Can ypu provide a credible link (like NE Journal of Medicine, Lancet or the like).

Don't worry, he can't.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
scutterhawk":3c1wa0g8 said:

My deepest condolences.

Mix

Reaction score
Can't wait til flu season to see how you all react. Guess we will all need flu vaccine passports from here on out also.

Or does the flu not kill grandma?

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Mix":2gbh3exn said:
Can't wait til flu season to see how you all react. Guess we will all need flu vaccine passports from here on out also.

There is no flu anymore, only Covid.

Hollandhawk

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":10ku8w1d said:
Mix":10ku8w1d said:

There is no flu anymore, only Covid.

While this is not correct, flu cases are at an all time low (since they started keeping track in 2005). If you can’t figure out why that is…..

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Natethegreat":15jpq6hb said:
This is one of the dumbest sentences I have read on here.

The world did not "go into lockdown" or do anything even close. Certainly not the US. At best you had inconveniences that some chose to ignore completely which invalidated the entire thing. If you really had lockdowns, they would have worked. I know this because they DID work elsewhere. Just because you failed at something you barely even tried doesn't make it impossible.

The virus is stoppable, but the people have to do their part.