Want To Attend Seahawks Games in 2021? Get Vaccinated

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1si06sml said:
What I do know is that it won't be like last year. If we lose a player due to a non-asymptomatic Covid, we likely lose that player for 1/3 the season...if not longer. Even if they had the shots. So the Seahawks seem to be aware and taking the right course on this.

The NFL is certainly trying to incentivize the players getting vaccinated. No quarantining or future covid tests required to be eligible to play, even if the fully vaccinated player tests positive.

Other than that, I think it's the same protocols that were implemented last year. 10 day quarantine with no team contact, and then tested again before being eligible to play.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
It will be interesting to see how long that lasts Largent.

Hopefully, over time, even the variants become less malevolent. That is the hope.

But, here is an example:

The person we personally know that got the Delta Variant (fully vaxxed), soon had water in her lungs, among other symptoms. She has a hard time thinking now. She will say a sentence like "I want to go to the store" but forget the word 'store', have to stop, close her eyes, and focus to concentrate to remember the word.

She is on week 7 of this stuff. Luckily she isn't showing signs of being a long hauler but it might be months before she gets rid of this.

She is a normal person without prior health issues. She obviously cannot work right now. In great shape, a fitness fanatic, and tends to lead a healthy lifestyle when she isn't contracting pandemics. Not even close to the most severe cases from the Delta variant though.

Admittedly, she was in the medical field so her risk of larger viral loads is likely higher. But then again, so is the risk of a player signing tons of autographs in person.

Just having the players get their shots does NOT mean they are safe. Just SAFER.

The team is hopefully planning for contingencies where they could lose a player at any time during the season but for much longer than a Covid positive might have gotten you last season. A big reason we did not lose key players to Covid last year came from the team being diligent and thorough - the hope is they continue that.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2r54a1vl said:
It will be interesting to see how long that lasts Largent.

Hopefully, over time, even the variants become less malevolent. That is the hope.

But, here is an example:

The person we personally know that got the Delta Variant (fully vaxxed), soon had water in her lungs, among other symptoms. She has a hard time thinking now. She will say a sentence like "I want to go to the store" but forget the word 'store', have to stop, close her eyes, and focus to concentrate to remember the word.

She is on week 7 of this stuff. Luckily she isn't showing signs of being a long hauler but it might be months before she gets rid of this.

She is a normal person without prior health issues. She obviously cannot work right now. In great shape, a fitness fanatic, and tends to lead a healthy lifestyle when she isn't contracting pandemics. Not even close to the most severe cases from the Delta variant though.

Admittedly, she was in the medical field so her risk of larger viral loads is likely higher. But then again, so is the risk of a player signing tons of autographs in person.

Just having the players get their shots does NOT mean they are safe. Just SAFER.

The team is hopefully planning for contingencies where they could lose a player at any time during the season but for much longer than a Covid positive might have gotten you last season. A big reason we did not lose key players to Covid last year came from the team being diligent and thorough - the hope is they continue that.

Hawks unlike 49ers haven't said how many of their 90 are vaxed. Shan came out the other day and said the 9ers were at 59 percent.

That's abysmal next to the community, which is high 70s to approaching 90. For 12 and up.

These players are the most durable in the universe, and they've sat there as the weakest people alive (like those in homes) have 93 percent gotten the shot and they're like...oooh, too dangerous? Seriously?

It's going to be a serious question if one of them tests pos or is a close contact, and if there's a poss of that NOT happening then I want to hear from the starters where that's true. Starting with Russ. He's there for the vax special on NBC, why is he ghosting on his status?

cymatica

Reaction score
https://americasfrontlinedoctors.or...mplete-cessation-of-covid-vaccines-in-humans/

An “urgent preliminary report of Yellow Card data” issued by the UK-based Evidence-Based Medicine Consultancy Ltd submitted to the Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) states that “the MHRA now has more than enough evidence on the Yellow Card system to declare the COVID-19 vaccines unsafe for use in humans.”

At least people should have as much information as possible to make an informed decision, I find it better than blind trust in a new technology

uncle fester

Reaction score
cymatica":2i4icn6e said:
https://americasfrontlinedoctors.or...mplete-cessation-of-covid-vaccines-in-humans/

An “urgent preliminary report of Yellow Card data” issued by the UK-based Evidence-Based Medicine Consultancy Ltd submitted to the Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) states that “the MHRA now has more than enough evidence on the Yellow Card system to declare the COVID-19 vaccines unsafe for use in humans.”

At least people should have as much information as possible to make an informed decision, I find it better than blind trust in a new technology

The quote is from the site americasfrontlinedoctors.org

Which is owned/run by Simone Gold.

Simone Gold is an anti-vaccination activist, who was arrested for storming the Capitol building on Jan 6. This, after being fired from two hospitals for her promotion of hydroxychloroquine as a COVID cure.

The website is funded by the Tea Party Patriots among others, who advocate playing down the risk of a pandemic. That bit you may be ok with, and that’s cool. The previous bit? I hope it at least raises questions about the validity of sources posted on their site.

Tess Lawrie, the source of the quote, is (surprise!) heavily invested in the promotion of an alternative COVID treatment, ivermectin. This alternative treatment has been classed as ineffective at best, and at worst misleading as it’s supposed to be for the treatment of parasitic infection, not viruses.

TL,DR: I’m absolutely in agreement with you about doing as much research as you feel comfortable with. That’s important for peace of mind above everything else. It’s also important to ask who is providing the information you read, and why.

Hollandhawk

Reaction score
uncle fester":1ouvymv5 said:
cymatica":1ouvymv5 said:

The quote is from the site americasfrontlinedoctors.org

Which is owned/run by Simone Gold.

Simone Gold is an anti-vaccination activist, who was arrested for storming the Capitol building on Jan 6. This, after being fired from two hospitals for her promotion of hydroxychloroquine as a COVID cure.

The website is funded by the Tea Party Patriots among others, who advocate playing down the risk of a pandemic. That bit you may be ok with, and that’s cool. The previous bit? I hope it at least raises questions about the validity of sources posted on their site.

Tess Lawrie, the source of the quote, is (surprise!) heavily invested in the promotion of an alternative COVID treatment, ivermectin. This alternative treatment has been classed as ineffective at best, and at worst misleading as it’s supposed to be for the treatment of parasitic infection, not viruses.

TL,DR: I’m absolutely in agreement with you about doing as much research as you feel comfortable with. That’s important for peace of mind above everything else. It’s also important to ask who is providing the information you read, and why.

Great post. We all have to be aware that our confirmation bias can lead us to very wrong conclusions if left unchecked.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hawkpower":2phv9av9 said:
https://www.seahawks.com/news/seahawks-welcome-back-full-capacity-crowds-for-2021-season

Awesome news.....and honestly last fall? I never thought we'd get here.

Good job Washington.

All this back and forth debating, and the Hawks decided to not even require proof of vaccination.

E4gOVr0UYAAIN Cformatjpgnamesmall

dutchcoug

Reaction score
I'm looking to fly out for the October 25th Monday night game but the cheapest tickets on Ticketmaster are $205 a seat. That's the same price I was seeing before this announcement. Have they opened up other tickets yet? If not, does anyone know when they would put those other seats on sale?

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":ew2c85r0 said:
Hawkpower":ew2c85r0 said:
https://www.seahawks.com/news/seahawks-welcome-back-full-capacity-crowds-for-2021-season

Good job Washington.

All this back and forth debating, and the Hawks decided to not even require proof of vaccination.

Good job......all of the USA?

No NFL team is going to be requiring vaccinations

When Cali and NY took away capacity and vax restrictions, you knew Seattle was only a matter of time

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hawkpower":2n7axa9y said:

Sure, although I think WA did it right and didn't just say screw it we don't care how many people die we're opening up like so many states did months and months ago.

Mix

Reaction score
Want to attend Seahawks Games in 2021? Buy a Ticket.

Mix

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":35q8mq7p said:
Hawkpower":35q8mq7p said:

Sure, although I think WA did it right and didn't just say screw it we don't care how many people die we're opening up like so many states did months and months ago.

Yup those were the two options.

Open up because you do not care how many die

or

Stay closed because you care about how many will die.

Yup those were the exact 2 and only options that people had to pick from, any other slight variance in either of those two options were totally unachievable.

knownone

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":ovu5aj8g said:
Hawkpower":ovu5aj8g said:

Good job Washington.

I'm not surprised. The logic behind requiring proof of vaccination was incredibly flawed. Evidence supports the theory that unvaccinated people have a higher risk of getting infected and developing significant complications. However, there is very little to suggest they are more likely to spread the diseases than a vaccinated person. Without knowing how significant the difference in the transmission is, it's hard to lay down a blanket policy excluding people for not being vaccinated.

chris98251

Reaction score
Probably should have a sticky titled :

Those we will miss.................

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Mix":4sbwsfx7 said:
Sgt. Largent":4sbwsfx7 said:
Hawkpower":4sbwsfx7 said:

or

Yup those were the exact 2 and only options that people had to pick from, any other slight variance in either of those two options were totally unachievable.

Texas having 2-3 consecutive months of declining cases after removing mandates makes this a tough story to tell.

East Coast states that stayed locked up almost as long as WA leading the per capita death race makes this a tough story to tell also

Yet here we are :)

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hawkpower":1f918zkr said:
Mix":1f918zkr said:
Sgt. Largent":1f918zkr said:
Hawkpower":1f918zkr said:

or

Texas having 2-3 consecutive months of declining cases after removing mandates makes this a tough story to tell.

East Coast states that stayed locked up almost as long as WA leading the per capita death race makes this a tough story to tell also

Actually the largest death per 100k capita were mostly red states.

https://www.kff.org/other/state-indicat ... 2asc%22%7D

And Texas had over 60k deaths, no one should be applauding that. Yep, where our populations were densest, the NE, Florida and California had the highest death tolls. Go figure.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":78rbg5e7 said:
Hawkpower":78rbg5e7 said:
Mix":78rbg5e7 said:
Sgt. Largent":78rbg5e7 said:

or

Actually the largest death per 100k capita were mostly red states.

https://www.kff.org/other/state-indicat ... 2asc%22%7D

And Texas had over 60k deaths, no one should be applauding that. Yep, where our populations were densest, the NE, Florida and California had the highest death tolls. Go figure.

Huh?

https://www.statista.com/statistics/110 ... -by-state/

Top 4 all blue states. 6 of the top 7.

And to be clear, my point isnt that WA did it "wrong" per se.

The data is all over the place honestly

The point is that nobody really knows. For anyone to declare a "right" way to handle all this is just talking out their hopeful hind end.
Lets just be glad that sanity has returned and we can go to football games again
:irishdrinkers: