Want To Attend Seahawks Games in 2021? Get Vaccinated

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It's going to be very interesting. We are a little less than 3 months before the 1st pre-season home game.
I'm going to the M's game tonight. They are not allowing bags, any outside food and you have to masked up if you're not in the "vaccination" section. Hopefully it's 100 percent full go by August for the Hawks, but you never know. At least things are starting to progress in the right direction.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2z27ymha said:
It's going to be very interesting. We are a little less than 3 months before the 1st pre-season home game.
I'm going to the M's game tonight. They are not allowing bags, any outside food and you have to masked up if you're not in the "vaccination" section. Hopefully it's 100 percent full go by August for the Hawks, but you never know. At least things are starting to progress in the right direction.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/th ... ar-AAKrwJj

The Giants are opening up Oracle Park without restrictions June 25, 10 days after California's mask mandate ends.

I'm fully vaxed and 80 percent of people around here are going to be. So it'd take the 1 in 5 who aren't to spur an outbreak amongst just themselves. Which would most logically happen by putting them in one section. it may actually be safer for them, and for public health, in preventing outbreaks if they just mix with the vaccinated folks.

I don't like being a meat shield for them either, but it's how public health works.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":1g63yy69 said:
SoulfishHawk":1g63yy69 said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/th ... ar-AAKrwJj

The Giants are opening up Oracle Park without restrictions June 25, 10 days after California's mask mandate ends.

I'm fully vaxed and 80 percent of people around here are going to be. So it'd take the 1 in 5 who aren't to spur an outbreak amongst just themselves. Which would most logically happen by putting them in one section. it may actually be safer for them, and for public health, in preventing outbreaks if they just mix with the vaccinated folks.

I don't like being a meat shield for them either, but it's how public health works.
Sounds logical, except, even though 80% of folks who get "vaxed", as you put it, it still doesn't guarantee that you can't be a carrier, and give it to someone who might have a weak immune system....There some folks out there that just can't afford to take it for granted that there isn't one in the chamber that doesn't have their name on it, that's why I'm not buying the "Herd Immunity" bluster either.
My next door neighbor ( & friend) kept making up all kinds of excuses as to why he couldn't get the shot...I asked him if his Mother has been vaccinated, he said no, but she seldom ever went anywhere, & so I then asked, do you wear a mask when you go visit her?...He paused & said not always (which means no), he knocked on my door yesterday, backed up about 8 feet from me and said "I went and got the shot, I don't want to take anymore chances with Ma's health"...I told him that he did the right thing.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2vbyu2vj said:
My next door neighbor ( & friend) kept making up all kinds of excuses as to why he couldn't get the shot...I asked him if his Mother has been vaccinated, he said no, but she seldom ever went anywhere, & so I then asked, do you wear a mask when you go visit her?...He paused & said not always (which means no), he knocked on my door yesterday, backed up about 8 feet from me and said "I went and got the shot, I don't want to take anymore chances with Ma's health"...I told him that he did the right thing.

Sounds like SIL, but she's actually the full-time paid caregiver for the ILs. She was unvaccinated. The ILs in ensuing weeks tested positive. One was partially vaccinated and one was fullly vaccinated. Only after both her charges actually get it did she get her ass in a vax line.

So I know what you mean.

It would be philanthropic for sports venues to offer seating sections that were distanced and where masks are mandated for children, immunocompromised and their caregivers. But given that the top order of business, after tv, is getting butts in as many seats as possible, I don't see any NFL team doing that.

Unless another outbreak happens in the stands, it has fatalities, and thus makes the news.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
balakoth":169kfug4 said:
Nah I'm good I'll watch em from my couch.

People will throw anything into their bodies now a days I guess.
Just like people will be ignorant and paranoid "now a days", I guess.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Had the bug in October 2019 and seriously doubt the vaccine will provide better immunity than that. Consequently, I will not be getting the jab. If a business or organization seeks to foster a medical apartheid state, they won't get my money, and that will extend to sports teams. No skin off my nuts.

Throwdown

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":2h10nmty said:
Had the bug in October 2019 and seriously doubt the vaccine will provide better immunity than that. Consequently, I will not be getting the jab. If a business or organization seeks to foster a medical apartheid state, they won't get my money, and that will extend to sports teams. No skin off my nuts.

...did you just admit that you were patient zero?

LymonHawk

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":3nqg9gn7 said:

Some things never change! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Why didn't you simply shoot the bug to death? :mrgreen:

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Throwdown":2z4fskcq said:
SmokinHawk":2z4fskcq said:

...did you just admit that you were patient zero?

Patient zero was supposedly some guy in Everett, but antibody testing data suggests it was spreading during the summer of 2019, possibly as early as spring. In LA and NYC in summer of 2020, antibody testing suggested we were already approaching 30% exposure.

I lived in Kirkland, just a few blocks from the Life Care Center, which was originally the epicenter of the emerging outbreak. So we thought, anyhow. It had been around a while before that.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":16l87rg9 said:
SmokinHawk":16l87rg9 said:
Had the bug in October 2019 and seriously doubt the vaccine will provide better immunity than that.

LMAO

Right, hilarious. Human immunity comes only from vaccines. As brilliant a take as ever, Zeb.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":2v78iqc8 said:

Don't swing, Lymon! I don't care if it's a hangin' curve....don't swing!!!! :lol:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
LymonHawk":2yl9n43c said:
SmokinHawk":2yl9n43c said:

Don't swing, Lymon! I don't care if it's a hangin' curve....don't swing!!!! :lol:
Had to tell myself the same thing. Think it, just don’t say it. 8)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
LymonHawk":143f5r0c said:
SmokinHawk":143f5r0c said:

Had to tell myself the same thing. Think it, just don’t say it. 8)

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Smokin, if you want to go to a Hawks game, I doubt anyone will stop you.

But consider this: https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medica ... ar-AAKwfpD

If you had covid at some point, then yes, you would expect some natural immunity. But without a positive serology showing the antibodies are still around, could be you never had them.

I suppose one upside to people publicly saying they will never take the vax is that it's making others hurry to get one so they don't have to worry about what happens to them if they sit next to unvaccinated people. I really feel bad for their children, however, and would hope if you do see children under 12 at a game or something, that you do the kind thing and just wear a mask around them.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":3gzfapti said:
Smokin, if you want to go to a Hawks game, I doubt anyone will stop you.

But consider this: https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medica ... ar-AAKwfpD

If you had covid at some point, then yes, you would expect some natural immunity. But without a positive serology showing the antibodies are still around, could be you never had them.

I suppose one upside to people publicly saying they will never take the vax is that it's making others hurry to get one so they don't have to worry about what happens to them if they sit next to unvaccinated people. I really feel bad for their children, however, and would hope if you do see children under 12 at a game or something, that you do the kind thing and just wear a mask around them.

Yeah, my brother in law and his wife both had COVID-19 a bit more than a year ago and both of them had multiple tests to keep an eye on antibodies. They both were vaccinated a couple of months ago on advice of their doctors, just one shot of a typical two shot regimen, because the antibodies had faded enough that them being infected earlier was no longer protective.

Most doctors are recommending that people who have had COVID-19 get one shot of a two shot regimen -- they can track antibody levels and time it that way but most people are just waiting until six months or so from being sick and getting it then.

It's pretty clear from the science that the antibodies for the virus eventually go away, both for people who got sick and for those who got vaccinated, which is why health officials are assuming that people will need booster shots periodically.