Want To Attend Seahawks Games in 2021? Get Vaccinated

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":cnyb9l9h said:
Had the bug in October 2019 and seriously doubt the vaccine will provide better immunity than that. Consequently, I will not be getting the jab. If a business or organization seeks to foster a medical apartheid state, they won't get my money, and that will extend to sports teams. No skin off my nuts.

All I see is:

ME SCARED OF NEEDLES and little bugs created in labs but not nature, PLZ BRING BACK cholera, diphtheria, polio, smallpox, and all the other stuff I'd rather get than be vaccinated against.

Now, I'll predict your future response:

What you don't understand Roland is that they pulled out all the stops to make the coronavirus "vaccine" as quickly as possible, it's not fully vetted, and it's not a real "vaccine", therefore justifying my fear that I'm pretending is not fear but rather a personal right and nothing more, CUZ 'MURICA!

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
BocciHawk":37r8rgo7 said:
SantaClaraHawk":37r8rgo7 said:
Smokin, if you want to go to a Hawks game, I doubt anyone will stop you.

But consider this: https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medica ... ar-AAKwfpD

If you had covid at some point, then yes, you would expect some natural immunity. But without a positive serology showing the antibodies are still around, could be you never had them.

I suppose one upside to people publicly saying they will never take the vax is that it's making others hurry to get one so they don't have to worry about what happens to them if they sit next to unvaccinated people. I really feel bad for their children, however, and would hope if you do see children under 12 at a game or something, that you do the kind thing and just wear a mask around them.

Yeah, my brother in law and his wife both had COVID-19 a bit more than a year ago and both of them had multiple tests to keep an eye on antibodies. They both were vaccinated a couple of months ago on advice of their doctors, just one shot of a typical two shot regimen, because the antibodies had faded enough that them being infected earlier was no longer protective.

Most doctors are recommending that people who have had COVID-19 get one shot of a two shot regimen -- they can track antibody levels and time it that way but most people are just waiting until six months or so from being sick and getting it then.

It's pretty clear from the science that the antibodies for the virus eventually go away, both for people who got sick and for those who got vaccinated, which is why health officials are assuming that people will need booster shots periodically.

It's not just the antibody titer that shows you have protection. Your body may stop producing them once it senses the imminent threat is gone, but when it comes back, the "memory" cells see that and tell the antibody-making cells to make them.

And at this point, the major risk group is the unvaccinated who never had the disease. Among this cohort, the more they are cloistered together, the more a covid outbreak may occur.

So as much as I hate to admit it, what the league and MLB are doing is right. It is safer for the unvaccinated, who would probably be unmasked anyway, to come scream with us, because in all likelihood he won't get it from us let alone give it to us. At least in a way that would result in serious consequences.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Just wear a damn mask if you aren't going to get the shot for whatever reason.

It isn't that difficult an ask.

Not going to just judge someone for not getting a few shots if they have their own reasons. I strongly disagree with the decision but understand the concern. But wearing a mask should just be a reasonable expectation then.

We all went through 2020 and most of us felt the whole Covid thing was ranged from awful to unpleasant. So whatever we can do to avoid that, should be a goal at the least.

There might be differences of opinion but there should be little disagreement that Covid sucked (sucks). So small things to prevent it from becoming a problem for everyone or just someone we could prevent from getting it?

Shouldn't even be a hard decision.

Just do the reasonable thing. Wash your hands. Wear a mask. Don't be an *ss.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
You would THINK that taking time to think of other people wouldn't be hard. Clearly it is these days. Sad that so many are turning it in to some conspiracy, political thing or spend more time shaming those who GET the shot.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
When did we become the Senate floor? Politics?!?!? Holy screw that Batman

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":31y9qwfh said:
Zebulon Dak":31y9qwfh said:
SmokinHawk":31y9qwfh said:
Had the bug in October 2019 and seriously doubt the vaccine will provide better immunity than that.

LMAO

Right, hilarious. Human immunity comes only from vaccines. As brilliant a take as ever, Zeb.

If our natural immunity works so well, why did it take the dawn of vaccines to wipe out almost every major virus and disease over the past 200 years.

Vaccines work, end of discussion. If you think otherwise, then you're allowing your emotions and/or political opinions to affect your decision.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The entire thread centers around the club making decisions to:

1 - Allow fans in the stadium for the upcoming season

2 - Protect and prevent against Covid finding another foothold or spreading to impact any of our fans.

It isn't political.

Keeping fans safe and allowing the season to move forward with fans in the stands is a relevant topic for Seahawk fans.

Requesting unvaccinated people to wear masks if they are in the stadium (or anywhere) is relevant to fans.

Looking forward to putting Covid far in our rearview mirror and things getting back to normal isn't political either.

It saddens me that people want to turn any of the above political for whatever reason - because it is completely disingenuous.

All the people who lost businesses and relatives, or dealt with health issues because of Covid came from plenty of different political backgrounds. Very few, if any, want to see it back.

So please stop with the intellectually dishonest arguments that asking people to mask or vaccinate to prevent a disease is some political take. It is a reasonable response to mitigate or eliminate the threat of a disease that literally impacted most of us in some negative way for near a year now.

Seymour

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":266flrty said:
pittpnthrs":266flrty said:
Wife and I havent gotten the shots and dont think we will. People can still get Covid after the shots, some have had some bad side effects, almost everybody I know has been sick as a dog for a day or two after the second shot, not FDA approved,,,no thanks. We'll wait for further results down the line. If any event requires you to have proof of vaccination, thats an event I wouldnt want to go to anyways.
Your mindset represents much of what is wrong with the human race as a whole.

100% agree! "....almost everybody I know sick as a dog from vaccine" is such hyped up BS and it is clearly stated to exaggerate the risk and rationalize stupid decisions. Nobody I know has gotten "sick as a dog" and only 2 people I know got mild fatigue symptoms and missed a grand total of 1 day of work each!! I felt nothing other than slight arm soreness for less than a day! :177692:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":2x1x6rfa said:
RolandDeschain":2x1x6rfa said:
pittpnthrs":2x1x6rfa said:
Wife and I havent gotten the shots and dont think we will. People can still get Covid after the shots, some have had some bad side effects, almost everybody I know has been sick as a dog for a day or two after the second shot, not FDA approved,,,no thanks. We'll wait for further results down the line. If any event requires you to have proof of vaccination, thats an event I wouldnt want to go to anyways.

100% agree! "....almost everybody I know sick as a dog from vaccine" is such hyped up BS and it is clearly stated to exaggerate the risk and rationalize stupid decisions. Nobody I know has gotten "sick as a dog" and only 2 people I know got mild fatigue symptoms and missed a grand total of 1 day of work each!! I felt nothing other than slight arm soreness for less than a day! :177692:

Welcome to 2021. We now accept the biased opinions of media and politicians with agendas or our own very narrow emotional anecdotal world over actual medical experts and science.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2mhgtqvp said:
Seymour":2mhgtqvp said:
RolandDeschain":2mhgtqvp said:
pittpnthrs":2mhgtqvp said:

Welcome to 2021. We now accept the biased opinions of media and politicians with agendas or our own very narrow emotional anecdotal world over actual medical experts and science.

Well sooner or later it will get to the point that those that refuse the vaccine will just keep spreading it amongst themselves and wipe out enough idiots to get us to herd immunity one way or another. I'll likely get to the point where I'm fine with letting them spread it for the good of mankind. :2thumbs:

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Seymour":1d84vyla said:
Sgt. Largent":1d84vyla said:
Seymour":1d84vyla said:
RolandDeschain":1d84vyla said:

Well sooner or later it will get to the point that those that refuse the vaccine will just keep spreading it amongst themselves and wipe out enough idiots to get us to herd immunity one way or another. I'll likely get to the point where I'm fine with letting them spread it for the good of mankind. :2thumbs:

There you go. The people that are vaccinated should have nothing to worry about so why all the bother towards the people that dont want the shots.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1lku92wq said:
Seymour":1lku92wq said:
Sgt. Largent":1lku92wq said:
Seymour":1lku92wq said:

There you go. The people that are vaccinated should have nothing to worry about so why all the bother towards the people that dont want the shots.

Who's worried?

This thread is about the Seahawks requiring proof of vaccination so they can not only maximize attendance, but assure health and safety for those attending.

Obviously people can do whatever they want, but then don't complain when the world's moving on without you as other companies make these same business decisions.

Seymour

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":341hh1gw said:
Seymour":341hh1gw said:
Sgt. Largent":341hh1gw said:
Seymour":341hh1gw said:

Not worried just irritated that unfounded paranoia is keeping people from getting vaccinated mostly due to mis-information, and that slows our recovery down and prolongs leaders from letting us back to a normal life. So again, your decision effects many, not just you.
The adjusted rates in several states show the pandemic is spreading as fast among the unvaccinated as it did during the winter surge. Maine, Colorado, Rhode Island and Washington state all have covid-19 case spikes among the unvaccinated, with adjusted rates about double the adjusted national rate
https://www.theday.com/article/20210530/NWS13/210539971

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Seymour":22p5to7x said:
pittpnthrs":22p5to7x said:
Seymour":22p5to7x said:
Sgt. Largent":22p5to7x said:

Not worried just irritated that unfounded paranoia is keeping people from getting vaccinated mostly due to mis-information, and that slows our recovery down and prolongs leaders from letting us back to a normal life. So again, your decision effects many, not just you.
The adjusted rates in several states show the pandemic is spreading as fast among the unvaccinated as it did during the winter surge. Maine, Colorado, Rhode Island and Washington state all have covid-19 case spikes among the unvaccinated, with adjusted rates about double the adjusted national rate
https://www.theday.com/article/20210530/NWS13/210539971

The irony here is incredible

Also quite curious who gets to decide what is information vs mis-information?

There are plenty of Dr's heeding warning regarding the vaccinations, but you won't ever see them if you've already made up your mind what is true.

Something to consider.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
It isn't relevant.

Whether you make a personal choice or not to get shots is immaterial, though remember there are people that cannot make that choice. So at least be aware to compensate for not getting those shots then.

This isn't about not getting the shots.

If you don't get them, do the other stuff and keep your distance from people so that people with compromised immune systems don't have to live in fear every time they go out to go shopping or run an errand indoors.

The Seahawks say you have to have shots if you want to attend the games or you need to wear the masks. Unsurprisingly, almost every other health authority is saying the same thing. If you go indoors or are around others, get the shots or mask up.

Nobody cares about people's opinions on the issue. This isn't about politics or viewpoints, just about doing the bare minimum to keep Covid in the rear mirror and protect those that cannot get the shots themselves because of their underlying health conditions or immunity issues.

It isn't about you. It is about everyone and the simple responsibilities we have to make sure nobody gets this crap that we could have prevented.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":262152qs said:
It isn't relevant.

Whether you make a personal choice or not to get shots is immaterial, though remember there are people that cannot make that choice. So at least be aware to compensate for not getting those shots then.

If you don't get them, do the other stuff and keep your distance from people so that people with compromised immune systems don't have to live in fear every time they go out to go shopping or run an errand indoors.

The Seahawks say you have to have shots if you want to attend the games or you need to wear the masks. Unsurprisingly, almost every other health authority is saying the same thing. If you go indoors or are around others, get the shots or mask up.

Nobody cares about people's opinions on the issue. This isn't about politics or viewpoints, just about doing the bare minimum to keep Covid in the rear mirror and protect those that cannot get the shots themselves because of their underlying health conditions or immunity issues.

It isn't about you. It is about everyone and the simple responsibilities we have to make sure nobody gets this crap that we could have prevented.

I respect your (and others) viewpoints, but I urge you to consider for just a moment that you may not be right.

I dont know if you live in the Seattle area, but I have close family members who still live there and the way they see this thing is similar to you.

However, much of the country sees it differently, namely because they arent inundated with media, etc who is only presenting one side

Its an intoxicating thing, to be surrounded by the same narrative over and over and over and over...

When my family visits me here, a much more neutral area, they are shocked at the difference. Its easier to hear the other medical voices who present differing views when you arent slammed by the same one being shoved down your throat by well meaning but potentially off base decision makers and media members

Not saying Im right or wrong, but you are presenting your approach as infallible. Consider opening your mind.

What if this vaccine and the accompanying passionate angst isnt as justified as you think it is?

(and for the record, I stated right here that as a teacher who went back to the classroom in August, that things would be just fine, no deaths, no chaos. I was right. Meanwhile Seattle area schools scuffed their heels all year barely getting back to normal, and for no reason. I may be on to something here :)

chris98251

Reaction score
Had 6 immediate family members get hospitalized due to one family not letting anyone know they were infected until after the fact when they tried to sue for eviction after damaging the property since they had Covid. The family members got it cleaning up the mess along with the officers that had to escort them off the premises. Ages less then a year to late 50's and mid thirties.

Now put all those non vaccinators in a facility as large as Lumen field, bathrooms and concessions, standing in line, passing food and drink across seats and yelling.

Makes for a great News Story.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":bvy64k4v said:
It isn't relevant.

It really is about the children. 11 and below. They absolutely have no choice if their nonvaxed parents choose to take them to a Hawks game or anywhere else. If I ended up being seated in a game next to a bunch of young kids, there's a real moral dilemma in modeling screaming maskless/non socially distanced behavior, regardless of how their parents might feel about it.

As far as any adult, immunocompromised or not? At this point, it is their choice. Like MIL just scheduled her birthday dinner after the husband tested pos, then neg, then pos, then neg in a fully vaccinated state. If she wants to go to a restaurant now, well, we're going along. Their boundaries are up to them, after all.

chris98251

Reaction score
You can't fix stupid, going to an infected area is almost as bad since your knowingly exposing yourselves to a situation that is bound to end badly for someone.

If vaccinated you can still spread it to others as a carrier that are not vaccinated as well.

The availability is there now for everyone except under 12 yrs.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1wjkoezd said:
It isn't relevant.

Wait. The Seahawks have decided to verify vaccination or test status for fans for the coming year?

Latest posts