Washington is Overrated

cymatica

Reaction score
OK my first reaction was way too emotional when I was very angry. They aren't the worst undefeated team of all time. But I don't think they can conceivably compete for a championship.

I know I'm about to get flamed for this but I've said it all season long, they just aren't that good. This team is losing to oregon by 20+. They can't hold a candle to the 1991 Don James team that won a share of the national title. I watched both teams live and in person and that team would win by 20+. I said this about the 2017 team as well that got blown out in the CFP.

Sorry guys but this team is not legit. Barely beat bad teams all year. Scored the least points against one win Arizona state of any opponent. Sucks to say but my hopes are very low.

Attachments

• images (9).jpeg
    images (9).jpeg
    8.6 KB · Views: 4

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I'm here to eat all the crow in the world folks. After 40 years being a die hard fan I've never been more shocked at a result. I was utterly and totally wrong!
Good..
I can understand though because UW isn't an easy team to read if you
go by their close games.

You know they have the offense to beat anybody but I noticed they were
trying to develop their running game and it wasn't an easy road but they
now have one to go with passing.

Their defense is not going to be confused with the Mich/Ga teams but they
seem to rise at key moments and adjust well enough for the offense to do
what is needed to win.

Case in point-Forcing the Ducks to punt late in fourth and you saw what the
offense was able to do.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I agree I feel like the huskies on a national level are always an underdog but I can’t wait to see them in the bcs game (is it still called that)
Did you miss the last playoff they were in?
CP and Browning got them in..They were not on this years teams
level of course but they got there regardless and that time shocked
me.

Last edited:

Chapow

Reaction score
OK my first reaction was way too emotional when I was very angry. They aren't the worst undefeated team of all time. But I don't think they can conceivably compete for a championship.

I know I'm about to get flamed for this but I've said it all season long, they just aren't that good. This team is losing to oregon by 20+. They can't hold a candle to the 1991 Don James team that won a share of the national title. I watched both teams live and in person and that team would win by 20+. I said this about the 2017 team as well that got blown out in the CFP.

Sorry guys but this team is not legit. Barely beat bad teams all year. Scored the least points against one win Arizona state of any opponent. Sucks to say but my hopes are very low.

Thanks for the heads up. You really nailed that one. :ROFLMAO:

Looks like the overrated Washington Fraudskies are in fact legit and will in fact be competing for a national championship.

I don't think I've seen a worse take in my life. Absolute 🤡 show.

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. You really nailed that one. :ROFLMAO:

Looks like the overrated Washington Fraudskies are in fact legit and will in fact be competing for a national championship.

I don't think I've seen a worse take in my life. Absolute 🤡 show.
My friend you are correct I admit it. I was absolutely and totally wrong. I am here to eat all the crow in the world. I thought the Huskies had no chance to win that game and it was one of the most surprising performances I've ever seen in my years of being a sports fan. Shame on me. Now hopefully it works out so they can play Florida State and get to the National Championship game!

Chapow

Reaction score
My friend you are correct I admit it. I was absolutely and totally wrong. I am here to eat all the crow in the world. I thought the Huskies had no chance to win that game and it was one of the most surprising performances I've ever seen in my years of being a sports fan. Shame on me. Now hopefully it works out so they can play Florida State and get to the National Championship game!

FSU would be the easier path, but I'm hoping for Michigan in the Rose Bowl. I think it would be a great game and I believe UW is absolutely capable of beating Michigan.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
So, you're "eating crow" but have to throw in a dig that in a roundabout way says they won't make the championship game unless it's Florida State. Nothing like fake crow. But at least it's something. They are rated right where they should be, at #2. They are 13-0 and have won 20 straight games. They beat a VERY good Oregon team TWICE. They have knocked off 6 ranked teams this year. They are 9-0 vs ranked teams under DeBoer. Also, Penix is a cold blooded killer with the game on the line.

p.s. I'm just messing with you. I thought the thread was funny when you made it, and now it's extra funny. But you did come and crow up, so that's good stuff ✌️

And they are going to beat Texas.

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
So, you're "eating crow" but have to throw in a dig that in a roundabout way says they won't make the championship game unless it's Florida State. Nothing like fake crow. But at least it's something.
Wrong! I'm not saying they won't make the title at all! I'm just saying FSU would have been a free win! Texas will actually be a game.

I just thought Florida State would have been a 100% free win and it would have made up for having to go to the Sugar Bowl. Not saying UW won't beat Texas but FSU was definetly an easier game and if the committee had done the right thing it would have guaranteed UW a spot in the title game. Now UW, despite being the higher seed, has to go play Texas in what will essentially be an away game. I'll predict UW wins this one as they did last year but it's a much harder game and yes I'd have preferred getting FSU!

but yes I am here to eat all the crow. I could not have been more wrong and I'm certainly not picking against them again. They've shown me that they play to the level of their opponent whether better or worse, and that means they will always be competitive and can beat anyone.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nah, it's the playoff. You're gonna' get a good team no matter who lines up. But sure, FSU isn't as good at Texas. Then again, they were undefeated and kind of got shafted in a way. The huskies don't play that "I wish we could play that team" game. None of these teams do. They all are damn good. Also, there is absolutely no such thing as a guaranteed win in football. Esp. the playoff.

Also, a month of rest is gonna' do a lot of guys good. Penix has been playing hurt, imo, much of the season. Ever since he seemed to have hurt his ribs. It just doesn't matter, he gets out there and guts it out. To the point of puking on the sidelines.
That kid is impressive.

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
Nah, it's the playoff. You're gonna' get a good team no matter who lines up. But sure, FSU isn't as good at Texas. Then again, they were undefeated and kind of got shafted in a way. The huskies don't play that "I wish we could play that team" game. None of these teams do. They all are damn good. Also, there is absolutely no such thing as a guaranteed win in football. Esp. the playoff.

Also, a month of rest is gonna' do a lot of guys good. Penix has been playing hurt, imo, much of the season. Ever since he seemed to have hurt his ribs. It just doesn't matter, he gets out there and guts it out. To the point of puking on the sidelines.
That kid is impressive.
They will fight no matter what and pennies is great but all I'm saying is I'd have preferred the easier game!

Regardless it's total bs Washington is the higher seed and has to travel 2000 miles to the backyard of UT!!