Washington is Overrated

bileever

Reaction score
Can we just debate the issue at hand without attacking each other? I think we all agree with the OP, at least in our frustration over the way the UW has played against weaker opponents. I tend to agree with @Welshers2 about the overall strength of the team. I think the Huskies are a very flawed team with a number of weaknesses that have been covered up by excellent coaching. It doesn't have the 5-star recruits at every position that Michigan or Georgia has.

I think the Pac-12 championship game will settle the issue.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
I never said they suck. But they are overrated in terms of ability to compete with to teams. By like a lot. Just for the record I've followed huskies football for over 40 years!

Vegas seems to agree with me considering they are 10 point underdogs to a team they already beat.

Still a great and fun season. I'm just trying to set some expectations here. They aren't winning Friday
By top teams you mean ranked teams right?
5 ranked teams beat, including the ducks.
The Ducks have had great teams that have been highly ranked…what have they won? How have they looked in the playoffs?

No self respecting Huskies fan would give up before the game is played…that would be a losers mentality.

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
Can we just debate the issue at hand without attacking each other? I think we all agree with the OP, at least in our frustration over the way the UW has played against weaker opponents. I tend to agree with @Welshers2 about the overall strength of the team. I think the Huskies are a very flawed team with a number of weaknesses that have been covered up by excellent coaching. It doesn't have the 5-star recruits at every position that Michigan or Georgia has.

Thanks man, honestly I just wish I hadn't made the thread at this point. People took it really personally and came after me instead of just trying to have a discussion about it. That really wasn't my intention I was just emotional after the game, but now I have to deal with a bunch of "you aren't a real fan post".

No self respecting Huskies fan would give up before the game is played
I haven't given up. And I already said I will happily return here and make an "I Was Wrong" thread to eat crow if it goes well. But I just don't think they have the talent to compete against the very top of the pack.

Yeah five ranked wins is good, but the only one that I would consider against a top top team is Oregon. It was an awesome and thrilling game, but even at home they easily could have beat us and we've looked nothing but worse since.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Spoiled with what? To be Spoiled you have to be winning something. Washington has won nothing in 42 years!!
Thanks for the Laugh. Dear God man, Enjoy your misery.
National Champions in 1991, Several conference titles and bowl wins. Yeah, this team has never won anything. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
Thanks for the Laugh. Dear God you're a whiner. Enjoy your misery.
Why do you always make everything on this board so personal? You constantly, non-stop attack people you don't agree with. This isn't just me saying this, either. I've seen other posters call out the same thing.

The need to constantly go at other people makes me think you're the one in misery. Just discuss the game and the facts. You made a good point about 19 straight wins which I responded to you with a message saying my point of view and that it has been a great season.

Of course, you responded to that with a personal attack, and then followed that up with another personal attack. It's a recurring theme multiple posters have called out. You always just laugh about it and blow it off, but at some point you need to have some self awareness and think "if everyone else is saying I do this, maybe I do".

Lighten up and learn that people may have disagreements on football, but that doesn't make anyone a bad person. If you had just kept it to the actual football discussion it would have been fine.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Just to play devils advocate though how would you rank a bunch of 12-0 teams if they never play each other. This don’t mean I agree with the system.

You don't know, that's why it's a flawed system that's being expanded to 12 teams next year.

It's always been a subjective system based on pre-conceived notions of which power 5 conference is the most highly regarded.

My point is I don't subscribe to the notion that UW is "overrated." Not playing as well as they were at the beginning of the season? Absolutely. Not dominating like Oregon is right now? Also yes.

But the word "overrated" to me means they're like Florida State was before last week..........highly ranked without having played anyone all year. UW beat what, five? six top 20 teams?

That's not overrated.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Why do you always make everything on this board so personal? You constantly, non-stop attack people you don't agree with. This isn't just me saying this, either. I've seen other posters call out the same thing.

The need to constantly go at other people makes me think you're the one in misery. Just discuss the game and the facts. You made a good point about 19 straight wins which I responded to you with a message saying my point of view and that it has been a great season.

Of course, you responded to that with a personal attack, and then followed that up with another personal attack. It's a recurring theme multiple posters have called out. You always just laugh about it and blow it off, but at some point you need to have some self awareness and think "if everyone else is saying I do this, maybe I do".

Lighten up and learn that people may have disagreements on football, but that doesn't make anyone a bad person. If you had just kept it to the actual football discussion it would have been fine.
It's not personal, I just get tired of the whining. I apologize for the attack. Just in a crap mood today.

I'll bow out. I have my opinion, and you have yours. It's all good. I've said what I need to say.
People attack me plenty, and that's fine. It's a message board.

Last edited:
Reactions: Xxx

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
Thanks man, honestly I just wish I hadn't made the thread at this point. People took it really personally and came after me instead of just trying to have a discussion about it. That really wasn't my intention I was just emotional after the game, but now I have to deal with a bunch of "you aren't a real fan post".

I haven't given up. And I already said I will happily return here and make an "I Was Wrong" thread to eat crow if it goes well. But I just don't think they have the talent to compete against the very top of the pack.

Yeah five ranked wins is good, but the only one that I would consider against a top top team is Oregon. It was an awesome and thrilling game, but even at home they easily could have beat us and we've looked nothing but worse since.
You did literally give up, you said definitively “they aren’t winning Friday”
What top teams did Oregon beat?
No one in the top 10.

But yeah, hedge your bet. You will look like a real prognosticator.

Xxx

Reaction score

Personally I am bored with the huskies always winning, playing in the championship every single year blowing out everyone and just being too good. Worse than Alabama and Georgia every friggin year man…

Wait no that’s not what I meant…

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
No one in the top 10.

Man that's total semantics, you know football fans always say this stuff and will still watch and cheer. As I already said I will happily make a thread to eat crow. Sorry my opinion upsets you so much. What everyone needs to understand is none of this fan discourse matters. All that will matter is the result on the field Friday. Me saying I think the Huskies will lose doesn't hurt them at all, which is why its strange that it makes people angry

Xxx

Reaction score
No one in the top 10.

A guy can want to see his team win even if he doesn’t think they can man… I mean I go through that every week with the hawks. I often say they are doomed buuuut….

Xxx

Reaction score

I agree I feel like the huskies on a national level are always an underdog but I can’t wait to see them in the bcs game (is it still called that)

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Washington or Oregon, whoever goes is very likely to get smoked, so there is that. Georgia will kill either team. They're that good this year.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
there you go

Whatever team scores the most points on Friday is gonna' win the game.
Side note: Unless someone has been to a Washington/Whoregon game, it's probably hard to understand why we hate them so bad. Their fans are as bad as Eagle's fans. Yes, that bad.