Watson cleared by Grand Jury.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":1grearaf said:
Hockey Guy":1grearaf said:
How is this even a "Seahawks" thread?

Because his list has Seahawks listed as possible destination.

Whatever. Until he at least comes in for a visit this has absolutely nothing to do with the Seahawks.

nIdahoSeahawk

Reaction score
Hockey Guy":hbnnvipv said:
Shanegotyou11":hbnnvipv said:
Hockey Guy":hbnnvipv said:

Whatever. Until he at least comes in for a visit this has absolutely nothing to do with the Seahawks.
Dude, there should be much bigger things for you to care about. People are posting here because of the possibility to get him. Has happened numerous times over the years. No need to get upset.

AgentDib

Reaction score
HawksSoc":14dsituj said:
The Seahawks have a bottom 5-10 roster. Watson wouldn't paper over that anymore then Russ did. We need to embrace the rebuild and being bad for the next 2-3 years.
I don't think it even needs to be 2-3 years. It just takes one year to clear all the dead cap and bad contracts, particularly if we also front load an extension to Metcalf or a couple of contracts to guys like DJ Reed and Quandre Diggs.

We already have a good amount of capital, and with one down rebuilding year would have plenty more draft capital. At that point we'd have enough cheap youth that we could fill any remaining gaps in FA and make a playoff push in 2023.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Hockey Guy":2rzrwq61 said:
Shanegotyou11":2rzrwq61 said:
Hockey Guy":2rzrwq61 said:

Dude.

Under normal circumstances (in season) you would be correct with your complaint/criticism.

Being the “off season” generally speaking we allow loosely related topics on the main page.

Having said that, I’m sure we could use some folks that are interested in moderating the board. If you’re (or anyone else for that matter) is interested, I suggest you make your interest known via PM or email.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Watson will not waive his no trade for Carolina. Most reporters think its down to the Seahawks and Eagles.

Elemas

Reaction score
Pending what we threw in there, the Eagles have more to offer. Houston would probably prefer Hurts as part of the package.

I would pass but…we’ll see.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
I think it's a mistake to trade for Watson. He's really good but 22 civil cases and the drip drip drip in the media is not something i want in Seattle. Seahawks have to much of a talent vacuum to trade those picks. We can find a QB of our own. It just looks like a lateral move for 3 years not interested.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Cyrus12":32iodopi said:
Watson will not waive his no trade for Carolina. Most reporters think its down to the Seahawks and Eagles.

Mind citing your source for that? I read from a few places he would likely waive his no treads clause to Carolina. Honestly I hate to say it but it makes the most sense. He grew up only 2 hours from Charlotte and they have a decent base of talent.

Elemas

Reaction score
Without even holding judgment on a personal level, I think we stand a great chance to build in these next two years. I don’t see us competing with the Rams or Niners for two years…minimum. Ok..maybe the Niners but…

Perfect time to balance this team out.

Watson would be an upgrade imo but what’s that get us in our current state? 2-3 more wins and an early exit?

If he wasn’t charged…well…ok. I don’t know if he did or didn’t. If he plays for us, I’m not holding it against him.

I just don’t think he’s what we should be focused on right now is all.

flv

Reaction score
GemCity":tj84fvlq said:
Without even holding judgment on a personal level, I think we stand a great chance to build in these next two years. I don’t see us competing with the Rams or Niners for two years…minimum. Ok..maybe the Niners but…

Perfect time to balance this team out.

Watson would be an upgrade imo but what’s that get us in our current state? 2-3 more wins and an early exit?

If he wasn’t charged…well…ok. I don’t know if he did or didn’t. If he plays for us, I’m not holding it against him.

I just don’t think he’s what we should be focused on right now is all.
A solid pragmatic approach. Such approaches are generally unpopular on fan forums.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I look at it this way, is Watson the final piece that puts us into contention for the Super Bowl? If not, save the capital and build the team. "Franchise QBs" are going to become increasingly mobile (moving between teams) as they continue to eat into team cap space.

I see three roads to the Super Bowl, for NFL teams, now. 1 -Rookie contract, future "franchise" QB. 2 - Build a team, then bring in a "Franchise QB," to be competitive for a year or two (Rams) 3 - Sign a super long contract that gives your franchise QB plenty of guaranteed money, but spreads the cap hit out (Chiefs)

Watson isn't the missing piece for the Hawks. Too many other holes. Let someone else pay for him. Ignore the "franchise QBs are so rare" speak. Build a team, then bring in a Stafford, Wilson, or Manning for a few years of competitive play.

Hawks should draft a rookie running QB, and spend their capital on building the rest of the team. Don't overpay for the rookie like the Niners did. If the rookie doesn't pan out, get another, or bring in a vet for a post-season run.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":1ct0r4u9 said:
Cyrus12":1ct0r4u9 said:

Mind citing your source for that? I read from a few places he would likely waive his no treads clause to Carolina. Honestly I hate to say it but it makes the most sense. He grew up only 2 hours from Charlotte and they have a decent base of talent.
NBC sportsedge

Latest posts