We DID consider AR…

GemCity

Reaction score
I know there was a lot of folks that thought we weren’t serious or would never pick him but…

Pete confirms…

If Indy didn’t take him, we would’ve.

OP
OP
GemCity

GemCity

Reaction score
That doesn't confirm they would've taken him.
You’re right.

Who said it confirms we would’ve selected him? The confirmation is that we had a high level of interest.

The last sentence is my own personal belief.

There were posts in these forums that said we weren’t interested.

CPHawk

Reaction score
And what if AR and Witherspoon were available? We know those two are the only guys they wouldn’t trade back if they were still available

OP
OP
GemCity

GemCity

Reaction score
And what if AR and Witherspoon were available? We know those two are the only guys they wouldn’t trade back if they were still available
Great question. From what I read somewhere, Detroit was going to snag him had he been available.

AR was intriguing and imo Seattle would’ve been near the top of best places for him to sit and learn.

But, he’s about to get thrown to the wolves in Indy 😃😃

James in PA

Reaction score
I had previously stated that if Indy drafted AR (which I had a strong feeling they would do as I didn't buy the Levis crap for a second) and I later found out that Seattle really wanted him, I would be pissed that we didn't trade up. But the truth of the matter is, trading up was simply not an option for us. Those greedy Texans can suck it.

CactusJack

Reaction score
I had previously stated that if Indy drafted AR (which I had a strong feeling they would do as I didn't buy the Levis crap for a second) and I later found out that Seattle really wanted him, I would be pissed that we didn't trade up. But the truth of the matter is, trading up was simply not an option for us. Those greedy Texans can suck it.
Brady Henderson reported that it was between Witherspoon & Anderson. They like Richardson. But he wasn't a consideration at 5. Once Houston took Anderson, Witherspoon was the guy.

OP
OP
GemCity

GemCity

Reaction score
Brady Henderson reported that it was between Witherspoon & Anderson. They like Richardson. But he wasn't a consideration at 5. Once Houston took Anderson, Witherspoon was the guy.
This makes sense.

Our secondary is going to be off the damn chains!!!

#NoJinx….hoping for a healthy off-the-ball JA.

OP
OP
GemCity

GemCity

Reaction score
Pre-season, I thought Levis would’ve been top 5.

He had some rough games this past season.

I didn’t believe the Levis to Indy talk at all.

OP
OP
GemCity

GemCity

Reaction score
If Brady Henderson is correct, still Spoon.

Spoon was a surprise to me. If someone would’ve told me Carter, AR, and Witherspoon were all available at 5, I would’ve thought Carter.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I don't think there's a doubt that Richardson was a consideration... but, not at 5, and probably not at 20.

James in PA

Reaction score
I also wonder what the Hawks would've done if Stroud had fallen to 5.

OP
OP
GemCity

GemCity

Reaction score
I also wonder what the Hawks would've done if Stroud had fallen to 5.
Man…in my opinion, that would’ve been hard to pass up. Besides the Ohio State quarterback curse, there’s no glaring issues such as the talk around Carter or the high risk associated with AR.

OP
OP
GemCity

GemCity

Reaction score
They loved Bryce. So much so, that they actually explored trading up for the #1 pick.

As for Stroud? My guess would be no.
Wow. I didn’t know that.

We would’ve coughed up a ton of draft capital I’m sure.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I don't think there's a doubt that Richardson was a consideration... but, not at 5, and probably not at 20.
If they had wanted AR so bad they had all the means to get him but they knew he wasn't going
down to 5.
i'm happy with their choice and I think it's the right one for sure.

OP
OP
GemCity

GemCity

Reaction score
They "considered" lots of players, doesn't mean they ever seriously considered him.
Didn’t realize that. Dang…

But, I doubt PC said the following about every player he “considered”:

“We gave him tremendous consideration.”