We need to talk about Bobby...

justafan

Reaction score
johnnyfever":aj1i09kj said:
Seems like the same people who b!@ch about how our draft picks don't work out are the same folks calling for trading our top level, known quantity players for a roll of the dice. I see most of our issues being scheme and coaching. The league has changed. Our 1st ranked defense has went down every year since then to now having a 31 ranked defense, and our offense has never been top 10 consistently. Until we have coaching that is willing to adapt, no draft pick or top ten player (which you folks want to trade away) will make a difference.

Keep our good players, keep our good rookies and free agents, build around them. As it looks like Carroll is probably staying, get rid of Waldron as he is horrible at in game adaptation and strategy, and get rid of Norton as he has never cut it on any team.

Bring in young blood coaches. Give them half of next season to show something. If they don't, get rid of them and get new for second half of the season. We have garbage draft picks next year, so use that time to experiment with free agency and coaching. Get back to form by 2023.

People should complain about our drafting. We should complain how our draft capitol and salary cap are allocated. This could easily be placed in the Diggs thread.

Analytics should be a big part of roster building. I try not to use the "we shoulda drafted" game but Eskridge was a horrible decision based on the bust rate of WR vs interior OL, positional value on a roster,the needs at the time and best player available. CH should have been the pick.I said that back in the supplemental draft thread before the draft.

Diggs,Wags and Adams are good players. But we have paid too much of our draft capitol and cap to position that are easier to draft than players of higher positional value and higher bust rates.

We go into next year needing playmakers in different positions. I would rather sign pass rushers who can get 9 or 10 sacks,hurries, qB hits, create fumbles,cause holds and interceptions than non pass rushing MLs.
I would have traded for Ramsey vs Adams based on positional value and more difficult to draft, even if talent levels are the same. Spend Diggs salary close to 17 mil on a FA CB.

We will still need to address LT next year. A position of greater positional value than S or ML. And harder to draft.
I still havent given up on B!air as our safety.

Im not saying they arnt good players.I just want them to spend the money at the right positions.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Love BWags..His attitude is great and he is a future HOF but he
hasn't been elite for a couple years at least.
The $20 million for next season is a problem..You cut him
and the hit is $3 million?You could resign him for say $7 million for
one more year..He might not take it but it is ending one way or
another.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
ddores":3qthgzc5 said:
Love me some Bwagz. Always have.

Look, dude's earned his stripes with me. Absolute f*** leader in the locker room.

He can stay as long as he wants. I don't care if he's a little softer in his 'old' age. I don't care if he's got a 5 yard buffer. I've even posted a couple 'has he lost a step' remarks myself. I don't care what we'd get on a trade. I don't care if his stats are soft-tackle biased.

He's earned the right to stay as long as he wants IMHO.

Never complains. Shows up every week and puts his heart into it.

I'll miss Bobby 10 times more than Russ if and when it all goes down.

Bwagz for Prez as far as I'm concerned ;)

You want a hole in leadership big enough to drive the James Webb Telescope through? Watch when Bobby isn't here. Dude is a stud, and a quiet capable one at that. Always been my guy.

Go ahead. Throw all kinda of stats and X and O's at me. I just don't care.

:0190l:

Leadership in the backfield is always worth a bit more on the end of a contract. Keep him there and let him shine and teach the youngsters the game for at least one more season.
:2thumbs:

Fan80

Spohawks

Reaction score
You keep An All Pro with the most tackles in the NFL. 1 All Pro is better than 2 in the bush.

OR

The Hawks milked him for everything he is worth, now let's get some more out of him through cap space and draft picks.

Answer....Send him packing! Super Bowl teams are made up of a bunch of under paid guys who will sign huge contracts in the next couple of years. They are not made from the highest paid older players who were crazy awesome 10 years ago.

Is there exceptions to that? Yes, but not many.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Spohawks":h3dej2t0 said:
You keep An All Pro with the most tackles in the NFL. 1 All Pro is better than 2 in the bush.

OR

The Hawks milked him for everything he is worth, now let's get some more out of him through cap space and draft picks.

Answer....Send him packing! Super Bowl teams are made up of a bunch of under paid guys who will sign huge contracts in the next couple of years. They are not made from the highest paid older players who were crazy awesome 10 years ago.

Is there exceptions to that? Yes, but not many.

That seems too much like reality. Use reality on some lesser deserved players please ;)

I'm not doing reality that much today ;)

Keep Bobby!

:0190l:

chris98251

Reaction score
I don't care about the tackles, they are skewed due to the amount of plays the defense is on the field, I do care about his leadership, his example as a leader, the ability to be fresh is important for a MLB also, that whole defense is losing its legs by the end of the third quarter because the offense cannot control time of possession worth a damn.

Bobby is making money sure, but he is the biggest overall contributor on defense in leadership, plays, QB there, and teacher to the young players. You need a guy that isn't climbing the celebrity status totem to do that. Adams isn't that guy, who else is besides Bobby.

CPHawk

Reaction score
BWags has been a great Hawk. But people want to not follow the patriots way of doing things and instead become the Bulls and wait for everyone to get to old to have value? Then suck for the next 20 years?

Chawker

Reaction score
Bobby Wagner is the best Seahawks player that has ever play the game. But, I'm afraid he will become a cap casualty. Sorry, its the truth.

Some people think that Brooks can play in the middle which is so far from the best course of action,its laughable. Our best course is to draft a new MLBer, this draft is loaded with players with potential of greatness, even into the fourth round.

Muma, Rose and Landman just to name a few. The 3rd or 4th round is where a smart team would select a new MLBer.

CPHawk

Reaction score
I’d be all for getting rid of everyone if we could be guaranteed Stroud in the 2023 draft. Dude is unreal.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Chawker":2hznclgp said:
Bobby Wagner is the best Seahawks player that has ever play the game. But, I'm afraid he will become a cap casualty. Sorry, its the truth.
Steve Largent, Cortez Kennedy, Kenny Easley, and Walter Jones, says hello!

Chawker

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":1sfzultb said:
Chawker":1sfzultb said:
Steve Largent, Cortez Kennedy, Kenny Easley, and Walter Jones, says hello!

Hi Steve, Cortez Kenny and Walter!

They knew when it was time, especially Kenny with his kidneys

Cheers

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
KinesProf":3iuzrq57 said:
10 years in and didn't miss a snap this year while leading the league in tackles. Absolute stud.

Tough to say, but I can't help but wonder if he would be best served at this stage of his career playing meaningful football for a contender.

Wait? What? We aren’t a contender?

QWERTY

Reaction score
Bash me all you want but I would rather have KJ than Bobby from 2019.

KJ is an elite LB. Bobby not so much,

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Holy hell. You're not supposed to drink the bong water. KJ over Bobby? How many all pro's does KJ have? While he WAS a very good LB, come on.
This place..........

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Russ ain't leaving. At least not this year. As much as I hate to say it this is the year to move BWags if we can find an acceptable market for him. And I agree with Pete that we have a strong nucleus, but Bobby has outlived his place in that as a player. It's our younger guys that we have to hang our hat on and build around. We have to keep Russ on our string until the QB draft has a lot more to offer than what's on the table this year. This year we need to use as our LOS renovation year and bolster our rush.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I love Bobby, he's going to go down as one of the top 5 Hawks of all time and be inducted into the Ring of Honor someday.

But he's not worth 18M anymore. The defense didn't look any different the last game with Barton and Brooks playing then it did with Wagner.

So as much as I love Bobby, it's time to move on. If you want to let him test free agency and see what's out there and see if the Hawks are interested in matching? Sure.

But in no world is he still worth what we're paying him.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
IndyHawk":2rsz2k3f said:
Love BWags..His attitude is great and he is a future HOF but he
hasn't been elite for a couple years at least.
The $20 million for next season is a problem..You cut him
and the hit is $3 million?You could resign him for say $7 million for
one more year..He might not take it but it is ending one way or
another.

League leading tackles is so misleading. Our Defense was on the field more than any other, it's not like those tackles we sacks, TFL's, fumbles, or even bone chilling game disrupting hits. Bobby is a legend, and yet we would be better off spending $20 on a game changing DE.

Since Kam left and Bobby became the leaders of our D we have not been in the top 10. He is a HOF MLB but as a business move, it is time to move on and add cheaper and faster LB to the D. Let Digg, Adams, or some other player take on the Captain role.

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Only 3 million in dead money if you cut Wagner. Also need to focus on retaining Diggs. Rashaad Penny earned a second contract but at a rate conducive to his injury history. He didn’t start balling out until he knew his job was on the line. Not many teams will pursue him unless the asking price is mid tier

Latest posts