We Were All Wrong

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
It's actually hilarious, if not cute, that people are so amped to argue with me that they jump to the other side, sometimes not even sure of what they are arguing.

I never considered some of them the quickest here, but not really stupid either. So their takes are 'interesting'. But I know they are trying.

This is a message board. You can read old posts.
You can go back to those 2 weeks, read the threads about the lack of enthusiasm for the season. And this board is mainly hardcore fans.

I'll try not to be disrespectful here. But yes, it's amusing.

It isn't a massive analytical task or cognitive load to realize that you haven't seen many people wearing Seahawk gear with the season almost here.

Especially when you usually see them everywhere before a season and notice you've barely seen them.
Looking for it, while out and about a few weeks isn't difficult.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
To be fair to Twisted in this portion of the conversation, there are probably a large number of Seahawks fans that only had a Wilson jersey and intend to never put it on again. I certainly will never wear mine again. I am lucky to have more than twenty others that I can wear. In these hard economic times, they may not be able to buy another jersey to rep.

My S.O. got me a Russell Wilson (in a Seahawks uniform) beach towel at some point. I'll keep using it, but because of who gave it to me, not because of who's on it. And Wilson's utter suckitude in a Broncos uniform actually makes it easier.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
It's actually hilarious, if not cute, that people are so amped to argue with me that they jump to the other side, sometimes not even sure of what they are arguing.

I never considered some of them the quickest here, but not really stupid either. So their takes are 'interesting'. But I know they are trying.

This is a message board. You can read old posts.
You can go back to those 2 weeks, read the threads about the lack of enthusiasm for the season. And this board is mainly hardcore fans.

I'll try not to be disrespectful here. But yes, it's amusing.

It isn't a massive analytical task or cognitive load to realize that you haven't seen many people wearing Seahawk gear with the season almost here.

Especially when you usually see them everywhere before a season and notice you've barely seen them.
Looking for it, while out and about a few weeks isn't difficult.
Now you're just talking out your butt. SMH

Nunya

Reaction score
To be fair to Twisted in this portion of the conversation, there are probably a large number of Seahawks fans that only had a Wilson jersey and intend to never put it on again. I certainly will never wear mine again. I am lucky to have more than twenty others that I can wear. In these hard economic times, they may not be able to buy another jersey to rep.
Now that is a reasonable and logical conclusion. Much better than "I was counting people...."

Myself, I don't necessarily wear my seahawk gear in public to show support for the team. That is the reason I bought it. I wear my seahawk shirt in public because it fits and hangs well...and is clean.

StoneCold

Reaction score
The Geno we are watching didn't exist last year. Didn't even exist in the pre-season. The Geno we are watching is a QB maturing before our eyes. He was lights out first half of game one and was a light out the second. He's figuring this out right now. Years of watching film, a few opportunities are not enough. He needed to start a series of games as he has this year, and he is putting it together. From the limited amount of playing time I've seen, he throws a great ball when he has time, sometimes appeared to be slow in making decisions, but in the last few games he is decisive, crisp with his throws and knows when to hang or when to escape or when to just eat it and take a sack. No happy feet. He is gaining in confidence every game. Love to see it.

I thought Lock would be a better choice until the last pre-season. The guy stinks.He may not stink his entire carreer, but Geno was teh better QB, but I never imagined we'd be watchign this Geno and it's really fun.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
WTF are you even talking about???

In the 31, head to head games this season, the NFC has won 19 of them, and the AFC has won 12.

By top ten DVOA, 50% are NFC teams and 50% are AFC teams.

In the top 50% DVOA, 7 of the teams are NFC and 9 are AFC

Current top ten odds to make the Super Bowl include 6 NFC teams and 4 AFC teams

The eyeball test says there are 6 really good teams in the AFC, and 7 in the NFC

At the top, there is clearly Buffalo... and then everybody else, but within the tiers of everybody else, there is a lot of parity, whether AFC or NFC. Just because some of the big name teams in the NFC are struggling, doesn't mean the conference is weak. In fact it may mean that there is just a lot of parity right now.
Coming into the end of week 9 we have

An even 18-18 split in the 36 head to head games, with a one game advantage going to the AFC assuming the Ravens beat the Saints tonight.

An even 5-5 split in the top 10 DVOA

The AFC has made one move in the upper half of DVOA with 6 NFC teams, and 10 AFC teams listed.

Still looking more like parity than NFC weakness.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
We were all wrong.
In July, I said the Hawks would take second place in the NFCW, and the Donks wouldn't make the playoffs. I also had the Hawks winning the WC round, but that's a tough hill to climb now, given the opponent. I stuck by that prediction, through the highs and the lows.

With one final matchup to go, the NFC will take it. Of the 80 head to head games played between the AFC and the NFC, the NFC won 41, and the AFC 39.

Overall DVOA is a 5-5 tie for the top 10, and a 5-5 tie for the bottom 10.

The mid-pack AFC seems to be a little better than the mid-pack NFC, with 10 of the top half DVOA going to the AFC, and 6 to the NFC.

Parity