Well Pete needs to go

JPatera76

Reaction score
Can’t it be both?
Very much could be. The only way we'd be able to day if is Clint was sent packing tonight and was a DC on another team tomorrow or next season. I only have our prior DCs who aren't here to go off.. and they seem to be fairing pretty well.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Very much could be. The only way we'd be able to day if is Clint was sent packing tonight and was a DC on another team tomorrow or next season. I only have our prior DCs who aren't here to go off.. and they seem to be fairing pretty well.
On the other hand, the coordinators who have failed here have failed elsewhere. Richard never lit it up anywhere (was last the secondary coach for NO and isn't coaching currently) and KNJ is coaching ILB at UCLA.

It probably is the DCs to some extent, but then you go back to who has hire/fire power over said DCs...

JPatera76

Reaction score
On the other hand, the coordinators who have failed here have failed elsewhere. Richard never lit it up anywhere (was last the secondary coach for NO and isn't coaching currently) and KNJ is coaching ILB at UCLA.

It probably is the DCs to some extent, but then you go back to who has hire/fire power over said DCs...

All good points as well.

NoGain

Reaction score
I'm no football scheme or X's and O's expert, all I know is that I'm tired of a defense...

--That can't get off the field and creates a lopsided TOP stat
--That keeps playing a bend-don't-break style where we're seemingly content giving up short pass completions
--That refuses to get more creatively aggressive in getting pressure on the QB

Sometimes I want to scream at the TV...TRY SOMETHING DIFFERENT!

OP
OP
S

strohmin

Reaction score
This was a terrible game.
Our secondary is not as bad as it showed today. Our inability to stop the run is might be turning our corners in the wrong direction too. I have to watch it again to see, but it felt like this was not how our secondary played last year. Both in scheme/position AND results.

(safeties still suck though)

But getting rid of Pete probably makes things worse. He has a knack for hiding how bad the roster really is.
The roster that he himself put together. If the roster us that bad then that is in him.