Where did Homer's burst come from?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Uhh...now DeeJay's the whipping boy huh? "Hey everybody, let's talk down Deejay!"
"If only Pete would listen to us, he needs to put Homer in and bench DeeJay!"

Stats say that your assumptions are INCORRECT. For the past 2 years, DeeJay has been averaging 22 yards per return.

Travis? Less than half that. 10 yards per return.

Kick return, and Punt return catching is a tough job, (as we saw yesterday for the Giants). So you go with the player that is the most trustworthy, because fumbles lose games.

Having said that, Travis rarely fumbles. DeeJay rarely fumbles. But DeeJay is the most experienced on kick returns, and the most successful. So you choose DeeJay

DeeJay Dallas

YEAR TEAM G RET YDS AVG
2022 Seattle Seahawks 8 9 196 21.8
2021 Seattle Seahawks 17 33 764 23.2

Travis Homer

2022 Seattle Seahawks 4 5 54 10.8
2021 Seattle Seahawks 14 16 161 10.1

Randomly talking down players really effects your credibility on .NET.

Cody Barton is a good player, but everyone is focusing on his mistakes. He's made a lot of tackles, batted down passes, covered receives out of the backfield, and closed holes on running backs. That's the majority of his plays turn out. He rarely makes mistakes.

He's learning a new system, with different responsibilities, and it takes a while. They are playing more DBs than usual which also cuts down on his reps.

Cody has struggled here and there, but this is his 1st year starting. Jordyn has a lot more starts than Cody.

Rest assured, as the season goes on, you will all learn just how good Cody Barton is.
It has nothing to do with being a whipping boy. Just because I believe Deejay is not very good at returns doesn't mean I want him off the team. He does other things well. Like being #2 back and as reciever out of the backfield he's good.

As for the credibility part, I think you may want to recheck your numbers. According to Pro Football Reference, Travis Homer is averaging 24.7 yds per return for kickoff returns in his career. He doesn't have any punt returns so not sure where you got your numbers from - https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HomeTr00.htm#all_returns

Deejay Dallas' return stats - https://www.pro-football-reference....1.1667277171724&__hsfp=3118918496#all_returns.

Deejay is averaging 6.0 yds per return for punts and 22.7 yards per return for kickoffs. That punt return average is not very good, IMO. Watching the games, I can see that Deejay is not very effective on returns. How many kickoffs has he run past the 30 yard line? How many punts has he returned for 10 or more yards?

Last edited: