Which receivers make the roster?

BigMeach

Reaction score
mikeak":2oa4ltae said:
BigMeach":2oa4ltae said:
John63":2oa4ltae said:
BigMeach":2oa4ltae said:
You keep using Huard as your example but not giving any actual quotes.

Rarely do you get to see a player get jammed at the line and play all the way through unless the ball ends up going to them. There was one play specifically this happened, I believe it was our very first drive. DK was unable to get separation at the line or thereafter and when the ball was passed to him, it was incomplete. This doesn't mean he can't get separation, he's a rookie and was playing against starting DB's in his first preseason game. He'll get better.

Hm. I was at the game, I recorded it and rewatched it's well as the post game. I did not that specific play happen the way you describe it. As to huard rewatch the game he said it during the game. As ti getting better I agree with that.

If you have it recorded re-watch our first drive (could have been second but pretty sure it was first). Huard even talks about it right after the play. It's a throw to DK on the left, maybe 7 yards off the line of scrimmage.

I'm not knocking him for it. Unfortunately we rarely threw the ball to him short again so there was very little actual footage without the All-22 to say whether he improved throughout or not. I want him to do well in all aspects of the game, but I can't ignore something that did happen.

Also, you have the game recorded and can go back to watch each of the long balls to DK... with that said you think those were both uncatchable and the second was out of bounds? It's either one way or the other, you're recalling from memory or you can visually watch it now. I can tell you for a fact neither was out of bounds and both were catchable. Just re-watch them. They could have been much better throws sure. But part of what makes a guy with that size and arm length great is you just need to get it near them.

Seriously? How is the first deep ball catchable when he gets completely tripped up by the defender? Look at it his fot gets taken out from underneath him

Second one we agree 100% that is on DK

I think any ball that touches a receivers hands is catchable, I've stated multiple times in this thread I don't hold it against him. But that doesn't mean it's not a catchable ball...

"Asked if he thought he should have caught the latter ball, Metcalf replied, “Yes, sir. It was the second time it was close and off my fingertips. But I knew we’re going to go back to practice and work on it and we’ll get better after that.”"

Both times were close and off fingertips. All I'm saying is if it hits your hands you should catch the ball. Doesn't mean it can't be a better pass or a better situation. Nor does it mean I'd hold it against him.

BigMeach

Reaction score
John63":3emkttjm said:
BigMeach":3emkttjm said:
John63":3emkttjm said:
Look I rewatched I don't agree with you. Agree to dosagree

:34853_doh:

Lol yeah I mean your opinion is all that matters.....not

Whoever said that? I just find your way of discussing specific game situations lacking. You generalize until it gets to specifics, then stop.

chris98251

Reaction score
BigMeach":1pdmysso said:
mikeak":1pdmysso said:
BigMeach":1pdmysso said:
John63":1pdmysso said:
Hm. I was at the game, I recorded it and rewatched it's well as the post game. I did not that specific play happen the way you describe it. As to huard rewatch the game he said it during the game. As ti getting better I agree with that.

If you have it recorded re-watch our first drive (could have been second but pretty sure it was first). Huard even talks about it right after the play. It's a throw to DK on the left, maybe 7 yards off the line of scrimmage.

I'm not knocking him for it. Unfortunately we rarely threw the ball to him short again so there was very little actual footage without the All-22 to say whether he improved throughout or not. I want him to do well in all aspects of the game, but I can't ignore something that did happen.

Also, you have the game recorded and can go back to watch each of the long balls to DK... with that said you think those were both uncatchable and the second was out of bounds? It's either one way or the other, you're recalling from memory or you can visually watch it now. I can tell you for a fact neither was out of bounds and both were catchable. Just re-watch them. They could have been much better throws sure. But part of what makes a guy with that size and arm length great is you just need to get it near them.

Seriously? How is the first deep ball catchable when he gets completely tripped up by the defender? Look at it his fot gets taken out from underneath him

Second one we agree 100% that is on DK

I think any ball that touches a receivers hands is catchable, I've stated multiple times in this thread I don't hold it against him. But that doesn't mean it's not a catchable ball...

"Asked if he thought he should have caught the latter ball, Metcalf replied, “Yes, sir. It was the second time it was close and off my fingertips. But I knew we’re going to go back to practice and work on it and we’ll get better after that.”"

Both times were close and off fingertips. All I'm saying is if it hits your hands you should catch the ball. Doesn't mean it can't be a better pass or a better situation. Nor does it mean I'd hold it against him.

If the ball is coming towards you yes if the ball is going away from you then no, the flight and momentum of the wall is still going away from you at the farthest reach or dive and or jump and you are fully extended. Touching the ball at all means you almost chased it down versus having it coming at you.

John63

Reaction score
BigMeach":22lihrn0 said:
John63":22lihrn0 said:
BigMeach":22lihrn0 said:
John63":22lihrn0 said:
Look I rewatched I don't agree with you. Agree to dosagree

:34853_doh:

Lol yeah I mean your opinion is all that matters.....not

Whoever said that? I just find your way of discussing specific game situations lacking. You generalize until it gets to specifics, then stop.

Lol whatever you say chuckles.

toffee

Reaction score
Jazz seems to be more instinctive than DK, although DK is more physically gifted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Jerhawk

Jerhawk

Reaction score
:snack:

Ursua got ripped off on that third down reception. The referees made some terrible calls last night.

Ursua had great quickness and instincts at finding openings to get the ball thrown his way

John63

Reaction score
Jerhawk":1fkq0c0f said:
:snack:

Ursua got ripped off on that third down reception. The referees made some terrible calls last night.

Ursua had great quickness and instincts at finding openings to get the ball thrown his way

DK got ripped off on one also the refs were bad.

NYCoug

Reaction score
Who would I like to make the team? Lockett, Brown, Reynolds, Ferguson, Metcalf, Ursua with Terry Wright making the practice squad (I'd imagine someone would pick up Jennings off waivers in this scenario, otherwise, he makes the PS also, but not over Wright if it were up to me, draft capital be damned)

Who do I think makes the team? Brown, Metcalf, Lockett, Ferguson, Ursua. (they also keep McKissic who will play WR also, thus allowing them to keep 5 WR's.) While I do think of Kasen when I think of Jazzy, Kasen wasn't 6'5" and nearly 230 pounds. Those guys are rare and always a commodity. Some team would find room for him)

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Lockett, Metcalf, Brown, Ferguson, Jennings, and Ursua. Moore, Wright, and Reynolds to PS.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
I'm still rooting for Keenan Reynolds. I think he has the talent to be on this team and contribute, but he just gets lost in the numbers every year.... hopefully this will be the year he makes the 53.

toffee

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":3odkytmy said:
I'm still rooting for Keenan Reynolds. I think he has the talent to be on this team and contribute, but he just gets lost in the numbers every year.... hopefully this will be the year he makes the 53.

interesting competition between Ursua and Reynolds.

D

DomeHawk

JPatera76":1wi2lnjo said:
Seems someone’s just salty that NE has a receiver that they wanted the Hawks to get. And instead of just getting over it they’d rather cut down DK.... and Praise NE and bellicheat.

Ridiculous, I would have loved for DK to have a great game. The ONLY point of my post was that he seemed to have trouble getting of the line. He needs to watch Baldwin tape.

But yes, I would have loved for the Seahawks to draft a PROVEN possession receiver. After watching stalled drive after stalled drive last year that seemed to be something we really need. Hopefully one will emerge but at this point it looks like a work in progress.

As for praising Belichick, that's not hard to do, he's the greatest football mind of our generation.

It's about being objective rather than being a dumb homer.

John63

Reaction score
JPatera76":2rro63az said:
Seems someone’s just salty that NE has a receiver that they wanted the Hawks to get. And instead of just getting over it they’d rather cut down DK.... and Praise NE and bellicheat.

Not sure it's an NE thing ot he just decided that he wants to rag on DK. I was at the game, rewatched it several time and most of his "complaints" on DK neither I or any of my friends agree either saw any proof of.

D

DomeHawk

John63":2shtqwcp said:
JPatera76":2shtqwcp said:

Not sure it's an NE thing ot he just decided that he wants to rag on DK. I was at the game, rewatched it several time and most of his "complaints" on DK neither I or any of my friends agree either saw any proof of.

Most of my complaints? I was referencing his draft profile, reading comprehension is important. Again, saying that he had trouble getting of he line is not "ragging" on him. It was in reference to another poster saying they were laying off him and i mentioned that they also jammed him. It happened early in the game, they were testing him, then they just laid off knowing we would try him on some deep balls. It's just saying he's got stuff to learn.

You are tying to turn it into something it never was, you're a troll, we get that a lot around here.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2019/5/30/ ... -team-2019

chris98251

Reaction score
DomeHawk":2fs9pz24 said:
John63":2fs9pz24 said:
JPatera76":2fs9pz24 said:

Most of my complaints? I was referencing his draft profile, reading comprehension is important. Again, saying that he had trouble getting of he line is not "ragging" on him. It was in reference to another poster saying they were laying off him and i mentioned that they also jammed him. It happened early in the game, they were testing him, then they just laid off knowing we would try him on some deep balls. It's just saying he's got stuff to learn.

You are tying to turn it into something it never was, you're a troll, we get that a lot around here.

In fairness you can toss the draft profile now, he has had OTA's and camp time as well as off season time to work on stuff that I am sure the staff asked him to work on. Is he going to be Largent, Baldwin, Rice or Julio Jones who by the way could not get separated from Sherman. Probably not, at least not yet. Randy Moss had a problem also but that damn thing called speed and size overcame that. T.O. learned to use his physical strength and then some moves to get open. It can be done.

D

DomeHawk

chris98251":3qglg8s8 said:
DomeHawk":3qglg8s8 said:
John63":3qglg8s8 said:
JPatera76":3qglg8s8 said:

In fairness you can toss the draft profile now, he has had OTA's and camp time as well as off season time to work on stuff that I am sure the staff asked him to work on. Is he going to be Largent, Baldwin, Rice or Julio Jones who by the way could not get separated from Sherman. Probably not, at least not yet. Randy Moss had a problem also but that damn thing called speed and size overcame that. T.O. learned to use his physical strength and then some moves to get open. It can be done.

Your player comparisons are completely out of context.

I have no doubt that he has been working on it BUT you aren't going to learn all that stuff in one off-season. It's a process and he's only 21 years-old, to anoint him the next great NFL receiver is not only unrealistic but also unfair to him. Right now if you line him up with Lockett on the other side for deep balls you pose a real problem for the defense, especially if they are playing single deep safety. That's probably his biggest threat until he develops a route tree.

chris98251

Reaction score
DomeHawk":27yggvyh said:
chris98251":27yggvyh said:
DomeHawk":27yggvyh said:
John63":27yggvyh said:

Your player comparisons are completely out of context.

I have no doubt that he has been working on it BUT you aren't going to learn all that stuff in one off-season. It's a process and he's only 21 years-old, to anoint him the next great NFL receiver is not only unrealistic but also unfair to him. Right now if you line him up with Lockett on the other side for deep balls you pose a real problem for the defense, especially if they are playing single deep safety. That's probably his biggest threat until he develops a route tree.

You missed the point completely Moss and T.O. as well as Jones had holes in their game coming into the league they fixed or the coaching staff adapted to their strengths. Largen and Rice I will give you, they had a savvy understanding right away that just got better with their work, Baldwin worked tirelessly to get better talking to the greats and gaining understanding and knowledge from the time he came into the league as a UDFA.

Everyone says that DK has all the tools to get there, same can be said for Jazz as well.

Latest posts