Who said this year is a team rebuild ?

NoGain

Reaction score
Yeah, I could have said my whole life! It is an embarrassing fact that the Bears are the only NFL team to never have a QB throw 30+ TDs in a season. That’s why we all suffer PTSD every time we draft a QB.
I know. I grew up in Chicago. Can you imagine if the 80's Bears' team just had a healthy above average QB and a somewhat reasonable passing attack? I don't think Walter Payton gets enough acclaim as a RB when almost every team knew the Bears playbook before the game even started. Payton was THE toughest football player I've ever seen.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
I know. I grew up in Chicago. Can you imagine if the 80's Bears' team just had a healthy above average QB and a somewhat reasonable passing attack? I don't think Walter Payton gets enough acclaim as a RB when almost every team knew the Bears playbook before the game even started. Payton was THE toughest football player I've ever seen.
We all loved Sweetness. He never ran out of bounds at the end of a run. Instead, he’d turn upfield and fight to the death to gain 6 more inches.

I was a student at UI when Butkus was there. I really enjoyed watching him and Gale Sayers, too.

Latest posts