Will the Wilson trade be the biggest trade in NFL history?

Fade

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1bcwal98 said:
gremlin":1bcwal98 said:
Do you guys really think this will happen? I think with the dead money it would cost there is no way this happens this year.
Nope. It’s silly season.

Just to inform people of what it would look like:

$39M (Dead Money/Remaining Proration of Signing Bonus {$13M x 3 years remaining.})

$32M (Cap Number)

Projected Cap Gain/Loss: $7M
https://overthecap.com/calculator/seattle-seahawks/
Select the "Trade" option for Wilson and see for yourself. Seattle's cap space drops from $19M to $12M.
Wilson then is completely off the books entirely for 2022.

The Salary Cap is not much of an impediment in trading Wilson. Getting a big enough haul for a Franchise QB, and not surrendering a top 5 pick to the Jets in 2022 is, though.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Fade":lane6pno said:
Elemas":lane6pno said:
DK will bounce if RW does. Just an opinion.

If this team is truly looking at doing this, they would be better off blowing it all up and garnering as many picks as they can. RW-gone. Adams-gone. Lockett-gone. Wagner-gone. DK-would eventually be gone.

I’m totally against it but if we’re trading a relatively young HOF QB and plan on dwelling at the bottom of an incredibly tough NFC West, at least do it the right way. Forget Pete’s legacy.

Keep RW or blow...it....all...the....way....up.

To answer the question, a RW trade would likely rank in the top 3-5 all time as far as return. Unless we’re dumb....and that’s, oddly enough, a likelihood the way it seems now.

Just one question though....how many years does it take to realize that we really don’t draft all that well? Same fans that are ready to throw RW away are the same ones that think Collier is still developing into an All-Pro. That McDowell was just a fluke (there were plenty of signs), Percy Harvin....Tate.

I understand being loyal but FFS.

Hard to blow it all up when the Jets own the Seahawks next two 1st round picks.

How would you feel if they blew it all up, and surrendered a top 5 pick to the Jets? You don't mortgage the future if you plan on trading your Franchise QB. That is a total conflict of interest and gross mismanagement.

By blowing it all up, they would get plenty of #1's though.

rcaido

Reaction score
That 2022 pick is going to be a top 5 pick if they trade Wilson? I dont think the Seahawks are going to win more than 3 games.

This is all stupid. The media, the haters, & the fans eating all this up. Wilson is not going to get traded this season. I doubt he will ever get traded. The only way he leaves is if he doesn't re-sign.

Still blows my mind people really wanting the trade to happen. We have no Sonics, we have the Mariners, & now you guys want the 1992 Seahawks. :pukeface:

D

DomeHawk

rcaido":pm1kvn6w said:
That 2022 pick is going to be a top 5 pick if they trade Wilson? I dont think the Seahawks are going to win more than 3 games.

This is all stupid. The media, the haters, & the fans eating all this up. Wilson is not going to get traded this season. I doubt he will ever get traded. The only way he leaves is if he doesn't re-sign.

Still blows my mind people really wanting the trade to happen. We have no Sonics, we have the Mariners, & now you guys want the 1992 Seahawks. :pukeface:

Agreed, I'm still RW > PC

If we trade him and he wins 1 or 2 SB's it's going to make the "play" in SB 49 look good, lol.

Elemas

Reaction score
Fade":3o3689wp said:
Elemas":3o3689wp said:
DK will bounce if RW does. Just an opinion.

If this team is truly looking at doing this, they would be better off blowing it all up and garnering as many picks as they can. RW-gone. Adams-gone. Lockett-gone. Wagner-gone. DK-would eventually be gone.

I’m totally against it but if we’re trading a relatively young HOF QB and plan on dwelling at the bottom of an incredibly tough NFC West, at least do it the right way. Forget Pete’s legacy.

Keep RW or blow...it....all...the....way....up.

To answer the question, a RW trade would likely rank in the top 3-5 all time as far as return. Unless we’re dumb....and that’s, oddly enough, a likelihood the way it seems now.

Just one question though....how many years does it take to realize that we really don’t draft all that well? Same fans that are ready to throw RW away are the same ones that think Collier is still developing into an All-Pro. That McDowell was just a fluke (there were plenty of signs), Percy Harvin....Tate.

I understand being loyal but FFS.

Hard to blow it all up when the Jets own the Seahawks next two 1st round picks.

How would you feel if they blew it all up, and surrendered a top 5 pick to the Jets? You don't mortgage the future if you plan on trading your Franchise QB. That is a total conflict of interest and gross mismanagement.

There’s ways to get recomp for those pics. The jet picks aren’t the end all be all to blowing it up. If you trade RW for picks, you aren’t in a win now situation. I think a trade, regardless of what they recoup in a trade, makes the Seahawks much less attractive...at least for a few years. Unless, JS pulls Deshaun Watson out of his hat.

getnasty

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2nk2coo1 said:
If we trade Wilson this year for anything other than Watson it would be incredibly stupid.

It wouldn't be the stupidest in history, but you would be hard-pressed to be a worse #2.

The H. Walker trade that turned the Cowboys into a Dynasty might be worse.

I cannot fathom what we would be doing.

No QB that we get is going to be as good as Wilson. So our record WILL be worse.

And we won't have the ability of our QB to play HeroBall to offset our HC's rapidly declining coaching acumen and ability.

As we finally do worse, all we will be doing will be gifting better draft picks to the Jets while at the same time setting up years of continued playoffs successes for whatever team we trade Wilson to.

All to keep our 92-year-old HC in his seat of power as his plans fall apart and we careen into bottom-dweller status...likely for years.

Our 92 year coach that has 9 playoff appearances in 11 years and selected the very QB everyone is talking about.

You don't have to like Pete but give the dude some respect he's done more for this franchise then anyone not named Paul Allen.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
It SHOULD be the biggest trade or near to it. I am expecting the Seahawks to eff it up and get a first and two seconds and a couple high salary middle of the road players. If we get players in return they need to be young standouts on their first contracts but I expect the team to blow it.

Oh and I expect to chuckle when RW gets traded and the players and picks are used on the O Line. This reckoning has been coming for some time.

toffee

Reaction score
Fade":22oju3nc said:
Sports Hernia":22oju3nc said:
gremlin":22oju3nc said:
Do you guys really think this will happen? I think with the dead money it would cost there is no way this happens this year.
Nope. It’s silly season.

Just to inform people of what it would look like:

$39M (Dead Money/Remaining Proration of Signing Bonus {$13M x 3 years remaining.})

$32M (Cap Number)

Projected Cap Gain/Loss: $7M
https://overthecap.com/calculator/seattle-seahawks/
Select the "Trade" option for Wilson and see for yourself. Seattle's cap space drops from $19M to $12M.
Wilson then is completely off the books entirely for 2022.

The Salary Cap is not much of an impediment in trading Wilson. Getting a big enough haul for a Franchise QB, and not surrendering a top 5 pick to the Jets in 2022 is, though.
The Jamal trade really has an impact on the current Russ trade negotiations. I still favor trading him now instead of next year as I fear his trade values will be a lot less in a year.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Not if it will be the biggest but could possibly be the worst trade in nfl history since I have zero faith they would do anything good with draft picks.

Fade

Reaction score
Elemas":j1739bkk said:
There’s ways to get recomp for those pics. The jet picks aren’t the end all be all to blowing it up. If you trade RW for picks, you aren’t in a win now situation. I think a trade, regardless of what they recoup in a trade, makes the Seahawks much less attractive...at least for a few years. Unless, JS pulls Deshaun Watson out of his hat.
You don't trade away the future, to then trade away the present, to then recoup some of your future. That 2022 1st round pick will be more valuable than all the picks combined they get for Wilson.

There is a huge delta between a top 5 pick and three picks in the late 20s, early 30s.

Then there is the domino effect, you pretty much have to trade everyone and start over. Unless you're cool with everyone walking out the door for nothing save for a couple of comp picks. DK & Lockett aren't re-signing, Bobby is old and expensive. Duane Brown will sign somewhere else, and so on.

-Or- you could wait 2 more years then trade Wilson and do a proper rebuild.

3 1sts for Wilson
2 1sts for DK (Tag and trade)
3 1sts 2023, 2024, 2025

8 1st round picks to rebuild the franchise w/2 years going for a Super Bowl this year and next, making the playoffs at the very least. Then blowing it up and having a bad record in 2023 to get another Franchise QB.

-Vs-

A halfassed rebuild were you trade Wilson now to recoup what you gave up for Jamal Adams. While DK and others walk out the door while trying to compete and show Wilson they can win without him.

The rebuild can't start proper until 2023 whether the Seahawks admit it publicly or not.