Wilson to Giant for Daniel Jones & their 2 first round picks

RiverDog

Reaction score
GemCity":26rk4rak said:
Unless there’s a no $h!t, gotta take him now type of QB, I think you grab whatever is available. If you trade Russ, you’re rebuilding. You’re not competing for a SB, division or conference championship.

Get a game manager…hell, let Geno run it.

Unload Wagner, Lockett, etc. Try to keep the young guys like Taylor, Brooks, DK. I do think Hawks fans will be shocked when DK gets traded. If you’re rebuilding, he’s a guy that could net a first and a third…maybe a second. A rebuild takes time and if this is indeed the route, trading DK is a good idea.

Keep developing Brown. He’s a stud.

Use the picks from the trades to build from the lines first. Like, legit solid guys. Not Collier and Penny “solids”. No gambling. After that, work your secondary and start looking for a true first round QB type of guy. I know..,those don’t pan out 100%, Russ wasn’t chosen in the first, yada yada…do your homework and look for the guy is all I’m saying. Get the rest of your D squared away. If there’s a guy like CeeDee Lamb, you do what Dallas did and draft the best guy available here and there. Don’t take a project type of guy based on positional need 100% of the time. Receivers next. Finally, go snag a RB. Maybe you take a gamble in later rounds earlier than I probably would but… let DJ carry the load until you’re confident you’ve found one.

If you trade Russ, YOU’RE REBUILDING. Don’t half ass it…

I’d try to unload Adams as well…I like the guy but, if you’re rebuilding, you’ll hopefully get more value by unloading him sooner than later. Even if it’s just a second and third…I know what we gave up for him. It was a win now scenario. It was a mistake. Put your pride aside and do the right thing.

In a rebuild, it’s win later.

I agree. If we trade Russ, we're in for a major rebuild, a 90% roster churn.

The only thing I would object to is your keeping Metcalf. Once his rookie deal is up, he's going to want top WR dollars, $25M a year. As the Detroit Lions found out when they paid Megatron megabucks, you don't rebuild a franchise around a wide receiver. You do it by rebuilding your defense and your offensive line. Good wide receivers are a dime a dozen. You don't need a true #1 receiver like a Julio Jones or a Terrell Owens or Randy Moss to win a Lombardi. We did just fine with WR's like Doug Baldwin and Jermaine Kearse. I look around at the championship teams, all those from New England, and I don't see a lot of star receivers, mostly lunch bucket types.

Next to Russell, Metcalf is the one player on our roster that can garner multiple first round picks. He's a valuable asset that we need to cash in if we hit the destruct button. Besides, he's shown himself to be quite the diva and would likely to be a pain in the ass to our next QB and coaching staff.

Latest posts