Wilson to Giant for Daniel Jones & their 2 first round picks

Elemas

Reaction score
toffee":3uey6ic5 said:
GemCity":3uey6ic5 said:
Prior to this season, I’ve never been an advocate of trading Wilson. I have thought that we need a shakeup in coaches and staff.

However, I think if you’re going to ever trade Wilson, now is the time to do it. I can see some things have diminished such as mobility, decision making, etc. I do believe that if he went to a team like the Saints, they’re instant contenders and he could even get another SB win. Long story short…I believe he has several years left in the tank.

But, if ever, now would be the time while you can still picture getting at least 2 firsts (I said at least), a third, and a role player or two.

With that line of thinking, you also need to consider unloading Wagz, Lockett, and pray DK would want to stay. This all would’ve sounded crazy just a few weeks back but the reality is that this team needs a serious rebuild. We’re talking a few years at minimum with the hopes that you’re not stuck in a Miami Dolphins type rebuild.

I’d unload veteran talent (pains me to say that as folks like Lockett haven’t been anything short than incredible).

I’d build from both sides of the lines first and go defense from there. Due to wear and tear, RB would be last on my list in whatever draft we could manage to snag a good one. Not Penny good but you know, Chubb good.

It’s time.

Oh…need some LBs too. This Brooks kid shows flashes but, I’m not convinced.
I respectfully disagree, the time to trade was LAST off season. I advocated it and Pete screwed it up. Wilson's trade value was at its peak just a short few months ago. But it's what it is, we shall see what we could savage on Wilson's trade value. We can help his trade value by sitting him right now.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

Appreciate the response. There’s zero chance I would’ve traded him after last season. Everything is clearer in hindsight but, there’s no way I would’ve done that. Everyone thought this team still had potential. Now, the reality is that we’re very far off. A trade now makes sense…it absolutely did not before.

balakoth

Reaction score
massari":fgdjiq2l said:
Sgt. Largent":fgdjiq2l said:
Why do you think Russell's a bum?

I think Russell's reached his potential as a QB, and IMO Carr would be a solid veteran QB to come in and play well while we turn the roster over trying to rebuild........and we'd get two 1st rounders.

That's not a trade out of the realm of reasonable. Unless Reggie McKenzie and Mark Davis agree with me that Russell's reached his potential.
"Reached his potential". You mean of HOF QB? I'd love to see what he does with an offensive minded HC.

Rebuilds are short lived in the NFL and Russ has a decade ahead of him. I'm sure those two 1st rounders will be All-Pros at premium positions.

You'd like to see him just audible out of the play calls the coaching staff designed and say F the game plan, while chucking it down field for anther team? I'm good with that.

I still don't think he's a HOF QB unfortunately, appreciate the SB and a second good year with an amazing defense behind him... but :shrug: All opinions in the end

chris98251

Reaction score
GemCity":3gundwq0 said:
toffee":3gundwq0 said:
GemCity":3gundwq0 said:
Prior to this season, I’ve never been an advocate of trading Wilson. I have thought that we need a shakeup in coaches and staff.

However, I think if you’re going to ever trade Wilson, now is the time to do it. I can see some things have diminished such as mobility, decision making, etc. I do believe that if he went to a team like the Saints, they’re instant contenders and he could even get another SB win. Long story short…I believe he has several years left in the tank.

But, if ever, now would be the time while you can still picture getting at least 2 firsts (I said at least), a third, and a role player or two.

With that line of thinking, you also need to consider unloading Wagz, Lockett, and pray DK would want to stay. This all would’ve sounded crazy just a few weeks back but the reality is that this team needs a serious rebuild. We’re talking a few years at minimum with the hopes that you’re not stuck in a Miami Dolphins type rebuild.

I’d unload veteran talent (pains me to say that as folks like Lockett haven’t been anything short than incredible).

I’d build from both sides of the lines first and go defense from there. Due to wear and tear, RB would be last on my list in whatever draft we could manage to snag a good one. Not Penny good but you know, Chubb good.

It’s time.

I respectfully disagree, the time to trade was LAST off season. I advocated it and Pete screwed it up. Wilson's trade value was at its peak just a short few months ago. But it's what it is, we shall see what we could savage on Wilson's trade value. We can help his trade value by sitting him right now.

Appreciate the response. There’s zero chance I would’ve traded him after last season. Everything is clearer in hindsight but, there’s no way I would’ve done that. Everyone thought this team still had potential. Now, the reality is that we’re very far off. A trade now makes sense…it absolutely did not before.

No everyone did not, throwing the Line under the bus, being unhappy Schotty was allowed to leave, he was sending signals then about discontent. Now his performance. The Humble I want to prove everyone wrong Russell has changed into the Celebrity running with the in Crowd entitled Russell and his play suffers now.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Mizak":2ecf30t9 said:
You guys don’t wanna trade him for Aaron Rodgers?
We probably have to package Russ plus picks to get Aaron, that's picks we don't have.

Elemas

Reaction score
I understand the criticism but, there’s some folks on here that truly dislike everything from his brand to his celebrity wife. You guys probably already know this and likely won’t care but, you really diminish any chance at fruitful discussion when you throw a bunch of shit into the conversation like “Raiders. His wife could do Vegas”.

I’m positive he really don’t give 2 poops about location or market pertaining to “brand”. He’s already a megastar. This isn’t OBJ we’re talking about. He flys first class to change the weather.

If he wants out of Seattle, it’s due to management and coaches. Sorry…just thought you should know.

sutz

Reaction score
Right on schedule, folks start with the Fantasy Football trade suggestions. :laugh:

K

K.J WRIGHT

Russ should have shut his mouth in the off season. He now looks like a fool. !

keasley45

Reaction score
GemCity":3oeihitz said:
toffee":3oeihitz said:
GemCity":3oeihitz said:

It’s time.

Hindsight for you maybe.The dude was playing the same way after week 6 last year. Only difference was daddy took the keys to the car away. And prior to last year there were quite a few people saying that Russ's falloff would be dramatic once his legs couldn't get him out of trouble anymore.

He was never, mentally, a great qb when it came to pure x's and o's. He accomplished everything he has with his escapability an talent for finding thr open guy and getting him the ball.

I'd also add that the only thing keeping us back right now in any significant way is the qb play within our offense... well. Before we lost Tre Brown and Carson for the season, that is.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
sutz":1ilc91gv said:
Right on schedule, folks start with the Fantasy Football trade suggestions. :laugh:

Dude, it's the final stretch of fantasy leagues to the playoffs, ain't no one who wants a QB who throw for 150 yards and no TD's.

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
I like Tua and a couple of firsts from the Fins tbh for a quarterback that can make all of the throws and doesn't hang onto it forever I like the fit

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":5ucdp2gn said:
I like Tua and a couple of firsts from the Fins tbh for a quarterback that can make all of the throws and doesn't hang onto it forever I like the fit
Both Tua and Jones underachieved in their team, who is a better fit for PeteBall?

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
toffee":3oo7a8r9 said:
ArlosSpecial":3oo7a8r9 said:
Both Tua and Jones underachieved in their team, who is a better fit for PeteBall?

So did Ryan Tannehill until he signed with the Titans. Maybe Miami is just a trash organization that doesn't know how to properly use QB's?

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
MyrtleHawk":yjtiqu8j said:
toffee":yjtiqu8j said:
ArlosSpecial":yjtiqu8j said:

So did Ryan Tannehill until he signed with the Titans. Maybe Miami is just a trash organization that doesn't know how to properly use QB's?

Misusing QBs, heck, that's what folks on dot net said about the Hawks, misusing the talent of Russell Wilson.

Mix

Reaction score
chris98251":103m2syz said:
Give me the Jets White, Minchew, or the back up at Washington Heinicke, all three I think would want a second chance on a team looking for a starter, they have shown they can play, just need to show they can be consistent playing. They won't cost the moon and will get you through any process without reaching for the next guy, Geno could be the stop gap guy also, he seems to do well and was getting better in this offense.

Heinicke would be my pick.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
keasley45":3kn9nmky said:
GemCity":3kn9nmky said:
toffee":3kn9nmky said:
GemCity":3kn9nmky said:

It’s time.

Hindsight for you maybe.The dude was playing the same way after week 6 last year. Only difference was daddy took the keys to the car away. And prior to last year there were quite a few people saying that Russ's falloff would be dramatic once his legs couldn't get him out of trouble anymore.

He was never, mentally, a great qb when it came to pure x's and o's. He accomplished everything he has with his escapability an talent for finding thr open guy and getting him the ball.

I'd also add that the only thing keeping us back right now in any significant way is the qb play within our offense... well. Before we lost Tre Brown and Carson for the season, that is.

Although I advocated trading Russ last off-season, I never doubted Wilson's a generational talent in playing QB, he was the perfect PeteBall QB until he wanted to be something else. I advocated the trade based on Wilson's ambition was on collision course with his known skill set, that and Pete totally lost control on how to handle Russ.

RiverDog

Reaction score
No to Daniel Jones. Looks like another Mitch Turbisky.

I'd rather rebuild like Pete did in 2010. He kept Hass around for a year, got an interim replacement the following season, then drafted Russell in the 3rd round. Granted, we can't expect QB's like Russell to be available in the third round in every draft, but we don't have to spend a top 10 draft pick to get one, either. Deshaun Watson was a #12 overall. Mac Jones was a #15 overall. Lamar Jackson was a #32 overall. I'd rather build our offensive line and defense before we put a QB back on the shooting gallery and ask them to win games for us right out of the gate.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
RiverDog":2yct2b85 said:
No to Daniel Jones. Looks like another Mitch Turbisky.

I'd rather rebuild like Pete did in 2010. He kept Hass around for a year, got an interim replacement the following season, then drafted Russell in the 3rd round. Granted, we can't expect QB's like Russell to be available in the third round in every draft, but we don't have to spend a top 10 draft pick to get one, either. Deshaun Watson was a #12 overall. Mac Jones was a #15 overall. Lamar Jackson was a #32 overall. I'd rather build our offensive line and defense before we put a QB back on the shooting gallery and ask them to win games for us right out of the gate.
Part of the reason why I advocated to trade Wilson last off season. Not a popular opinion at the time, but tough executive made tough decisions. Bill Walsh traded Montana for crying out loud, he could do that because he signed Steve Young. Montana gave Walsh and Young hell, but hey, Walsh was tough enough to make difficult decisions. Pete didn't or couldn't, he didn't even dare to draft a qualified QB to hold the clipboard.