Would you take 4 first rounds picks for Russ ?

nwHawk

Reaction score
Neither a 4th nor (4) 1st round picks are realistic, but I would trade him this offseason.

Good player, great teammate, but he has lost the Momba mentality. Mr. Safe. Hate me if you will, I get it. I'm grateful for everything he has done in the past, but even Joe Montana finished somewhere else. As good as Russ is touted, ask yourself why is this team not a killer? Supposedly loaded at QB, WR and RB. Hot defense. And yet, this offense performs like a rookie is at the helmet. Why?

knownone

Reaction score
I think it depends on your philosophy for the team. We can't be in-between. We either need to invest in Russ and pay for legit offensive line talent, or we need to trade him and build a defensive / run first team. Right now, we have no identity.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
I love russ, but absolutely. Just the draft savings on rookie contracts opens up a ton of room.

Fox0r

Reaction score
No one gives us 4 first rounders for RW. We're lucky if we get 2 after this trash half of the season and egg drop in the playoffs. Dude is done.

Elemas

Reaction score
If we're playcalling like we did today, and the last half of the season, yes. I'd trade him. You dont need a $40M dollar man, that has limited options as a result of poorly designed routes. Nor do you need a game manager.

If you're willing to open it up, keep em.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Depends on where I’m picking those four picks in the first round but if they’re high pics man that be hard not to

flmmkrz

Reaction score
If the trade got me Trevor Lawrence + I would. Any other picks pass.

Crizilla

Reaction score
flmmkrz":2578bx3j said:
If the trade got me Trevor Lawrence + I would. Any other picks pass.

Was about to ask this. It's tempting and I wonder if the Jags would do it. I think John would.

ducks41468

Reaction score
Without even a second thought. And this isn't even a Deshaun Watson situation where the picks would automatically be in the 20's, Wilson is at the tail end of his career and we'd get tremendous value out of the picks.

CPHawk

Reaction score
I’d trade Wilson for Lawrence and another 1st round pick. Also whoever the jags best OL is.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We have no idea how good Russ would be without Pete holding him back.

Gio

Reaction score
gowazzu02":14r7x4ci said:
No, if you have a all pro/hof type qb you have a chance every year. Like we've had the past 10 years.

Would you trade Russ for Haskins, Wentz, Goff, Mariota, Jones, Darnold, Rosen, Murray just a few of the recent 1st rd qb's we've seen taken.

I'd take Josh Allen over Russ.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":315gv64z said:
No. The likelihood is that none of those picks will produce a quarterback nearly as good as RW, and with no suitable replacement at the position, the chances of a championship in either the present or the future are damaged.

Newsflash: I am stupid and should not be listened to.

My signature mostly refers to me. I am the bad taker.

cymatica

Reaction score
If Pete is still HC then yes, as he has shown he does not want to build a team around a QB and does not want to play aggressive.

John63

Reaction score
The answer to would I take 4 first-rounders for Russ is a tricky one.

Our history of trades and drafting is horrible of late so not sure what those picks would get us. If we were somewhat competent at drafting I would.

Not because I think Wilson is done he is not he has lots of great football to play.

It's just it is obvious we are not close to a real Sb run and have too many holes. So might as well start the rebuild now.

I can be a fan of the Hawks and Wilson too.