Reaction score
Here’s a look at the complete schedule for the Dragons:

screen-shot-2019-10-22-at-11.02.18-am.png

chris98251

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":2384f6l2 said:
Here’s a look at the complete schedule for the Dragons:

screen-shot-2019-10-22-at-11.02.18-am.png

Nice fills right in the dead period between the Super Bowl and F.A. signing up to the draft.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I like the idea of a spring football league. but damn. If St. Louis could have that name, why couldn't we? Or be the Ospreys or the Seas or Lumberjacks or Jolts. "Dragons" is something you name hs-level soccer teams that could be anyone.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":5a5u04gp said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1202332534715113477[/tweet]
Don’t mind Seattle’s uni, but hate the white helmets.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Looks like they really thought out the kind of rules they want to implement in the XFL and also seriously considered the fans' input: https://www.xfl.com/rules. I'll include three examples from the site below: the double forward pass, the one foot inbounds rule, and the scoring options after the touchdown. Should be interesting to see in action.

DOUBLE-FORWARD PASS

XLF Rule

If a team completes a forward pass behind the line of scrimmage, that team may throw a second forward pass, as long as the ball has at no time crossed the line of scrimmage.
Once the ball has passed the line of scrimmage, no forward passes are permitted.

Current NFL/College Rule

The NFL and College only allow only one forward pass per play.

Rationale

The “Double Pass” is one of the most exciting plays in football and the XFL aims to add excitement while maintaining traditional football. The Double Forward Pass updates the rules to make double passes less risky because the first pass may fall incomplete rather than becoming a fumbled lateral.

ONE FOOT INBOUNDS

XFL Rule

To catch a ball means that a player:

Secures control of a live ball in flight before the ball touches the ground.
Touches the ground in bounds with any part of his body, and then
Maintains control of the ball long enough to enable him to perform an act common to the game, i.e., long enough to pitch or hand the ball, advance it, avoid or ward off an opponent, etc.

Current NFL Rule

To gain possession of a loose ball that has been caught, intercepted, or recovered, a player (a) must have complete control of the ball with his hands or arms and (b) have both feet or any other part of his body, other than his hands, completely on the ground inbounds, and, after (a) and (b) have been fulfilled, perform any act common to the game. It is not necessary that he commit such an act, provided that he maintains control of the ball long enough to do so. This rule applies in the field of play, at the sideline, and in the end zone.

Rationale

Catches in the NFL are often up to debate because of timing and control of the football. By simplifying the rules that establish control of the football, we are creating easier ways for officials to determine when a catch is made. When interviewing over 100 players on their opinion, players often said “A catch is made with your hands, not your feet.”

POINT AFTER TOUCHDOWN

XFL Rule

After a touchdown, the team has the option of running a play from the 2, 5, or 10-yard line, worth 1, 2, or 3 points respectively. The team must run an offensive play and no kicking plays are allowed.
If the defense is able to cause a turnover and return the ball to the opponent’s end zone, the resulting score is equal to the number of points the offense was attempting to score on its PAT.

Current NFL Rule

In the NFL, teams can elect whether to go for a kicked extra point or go for a 2-point conversion.

Rationale

The NFL has a near automatic play with its extra-point kick. The XFL has created excitement by replacing a kick with a play from scrimmage. To provide even more excitement, we have added the opportunity for a 3-point play, which means that an 18-point deficit is still a two-possession game. Fans have told the XFL that the 3-point play creates more strategy and innovation for the coaches.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Should be interesting. I like a lot of their rules on paper, we’ll see how it works in games.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Three XFL ranking vids for your viewing pleasure.
Two top are uniforms, both pretty different order for most of the eight teams.
Third is QBs: If you don't know much about Silvers, watch the bottom one starting at 16:05.

The EndZone: XFL Uniform Ranking:
[youtube]Avf9vclCQM8[/youtube]

XFL Chalk Talk: Ranking and Debating XFL Uniforms:
[youtube]Tx7IJjl438I[/youtube]

XFL Chalk Talk: Ranking the Top 8 XFL QBs:
[youtube]TqNxitIXjUk[/youtube]

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Dragons? That is so generic and uncreative. Might as well be called the Wildcats. Like seriously why?

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
I'm not sure I see the appeal of sitting in an empty Clink in winter time to watch mediocre football. Surely it should be in the summer before nfl preseason?

While there is a gap here for winter sports, I think the NHL coming may kill it off.