Scratch Cowboys off the trade list for RW

James in PA

Reaction score
Yep! And then there were 3. Anything that lessens the chance of a Russ trade is fine with me. I still get nervous about the Raiders though. Everyone is talking about the Bears, but I still say the Raiders make the most sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rat

Reaction score
No brainer for the Cowboys; comparable QB who is younger and don't have to give up a bounty of picks.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
This is a weird thing to be happy about. All this does is remove leverage from the Seahawks.

Every potential bidder we lose means we likely get less after Wilson is gone.

So this is not great news for us.

Also, the Cowboys are crazy. Dak doesn't produce much under pressure. They kinda are screwed but not as screwed as we are.

Rat

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1ty48ezw said:
Also, the Cowboys are crazy. Dak doesn't produce much under pressure. They kinda are screwed but not as screwed as we are.

I don't know about that. He has a winning record as a starter (42-27), has done well-enough in the playoffs, and set some kind of record for 4th quarter comebacks over his first three seasons. I think the injury he's coming off of is a bigger question.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Thank GOD I don't have to witness Russ in a Cowboys jersey. That would be just too much, man.

:pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface:

toffee

Reaction score
Rat":3w2m77ry said:
TwistedHusky":3w2m77ry said:

I don't know about that. He has a winning record as a starter (42-27), has done well-enough in the playoffs, and set some kind of record for 4th quarter comebacks over his first three seasons. I think the injury he's coming off of is a bigger question.
The cowboys ownership, and coaching staff obviously believe Dak is a better QB than Russ, or believe that team would be better with Dak instead of Russ and those 3-4 first round picks that it would cost to sign him.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

mistaowen

Reaction score
Congrats to Dak, that is an incredible amount of money.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
toffee":4q2vdvtd said:
Rat":4q2vdvtd said:
TwistedHusky":4q2vdvtd said:

The cowboys ownership, and coaching staff obviously believe Dak is a better QB than Russ, or believe that team would be better with Dak instead of Russ and those 3-4 first round picks that it would cost to sign him.

The Cowboys ownership are not considered the brightest bulbs on the NFL Christmas tree.

I’m glad Russ isn’t getting traded there. Russ there would slightly increase *allas chances of making it to a Super Bowl.
They ain’t making it there with Dak.

OP
OP
T

TraderGary

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":38fbbhrf said:
This is a weird thing to be happy about. All this does is remove leverage from the Seahawks.

Every potential bidder we lose means we likely get less after Wilson is gone.

So this is not great news for us.

That was my initial thought as well, but if Russ is really serious about wanting to get out from under Pete Carroll and the Hawks, I doubt his choices would be limited to those 4 (now 3) teams.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
What the Cowboys believe hardly matters.

The Cowboys believed paying Zeke a ton of money was a great idea.

Now they believe paying Dak is a smooth path to the playoffs.

Honestly, they should go full George Constanza and do the opposite of whatever they think - because they suck at being right.

Wilson would have been amazing on the Cowboys with that offense and those receivers.

Dak is OK. Great at putting up #s when it doesn't matter.

Yes he beat Wilson, but Wilson was stuck with Carroll back then. Dak would have lost if he had to go into the playoffs with Carroll, trying to run for 3 quarters into 8 man fronts, too.

Fox0r

Reaction score
I know everyone is doom and gloom about Russ, but the good news is that Dak just resigned with Dallas for like 4 years, so that's one less team to worry about.

My heart tells me this blows over and he ends up staying.

nepahawk

Reaction score
I would love if a deal could be made with the Jets. Get our picks back for Jamal, plus Jets #2 overall pick, chose one of the top two QBs in the draft, Lawerence or Wilson from BYU.
If Russ really wants out, he'll accept a trade to NY, one of the largest markets. Should make Ciarra happy.
Or he stays put.

toffee

Reaction score
Cowboys turned down not one but TWO come get me from HOF seahawk stars. Both Earl and Russ wink wink at Jerry, ended with cold water down their heads.

xray

Reaction score
If traded I hope the Raiders get him . The newest state of the art stadium in the league . Plenty of glitz and glamour , which he and Ciara love . A sold out international crowd every home game ; and with that an international following . If Wilson did well there he would be king of Las Vegas in no time . The Raiders are well past do to make a splash and Wilson could get them there quickly . Many thought it odd that Wilson had the Raiders on his short list ; but I can see why he did .

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
xray":12az13hr said:
If traded I hope the Raiders get him . The newest state of the art stadium in the league . Plenty of glitz and glamour , which he and Ciara love . A sold out international crowd every home game ; and with that an international following . If Wilson did well there he would be king of Las Vegas in no time . The Raiders are well past do to make a splash and Wilson could get them there quickly . Many thought it odd that Wilson had the Raiders on his short list ; but I can see why he did .

Raiders are in negotiations for RW for sure because your %100 right! But if you look at RW “bad throw stats” last 3 games of the regular season and the playoff game = 4 straight games, it’s a major red flag that’s says “don’t trade for RW”! The bad % throw stat demonstrates RW was far worse than our OL!

The bad throw stats should freak out the Front Office, Schneider, and Carroll. If we keep RW and that stat holds in 2021 Carroll & Schneider are done in Seattle! There’s no way techies in the Seahawk front office are going to over look that stat and they will 100% blame Carroll & Schneider for not trading RW.

toffee

Reaction score
FresnoHawk68":1jnvd23n said:
xray":1jnvd23n said:

Raiders are in negotiations for RW for sure because your %100 right! But if you look at RW “bad throw stats” last 3 games of the regular season and the playoff game = 4 straight games, it’s a major red flag that’s says “don’t trade for RW”! The bad % throw stat demonstrates RW was far worse than our OL!

The bad throw stats should freak out the Front Office, Schneider, and Carroll. If we keep RW and that stat holds in 2021 Carroll & Schneider are done in Seattle! There’s no way techies in the Seahawk front office are going to over look that stat and they will 100% blame Carroll & Schneider for not trading RW.
I was bothered by Russ's plays towards the end of the season, that was not the Russ we have been watching. I thought some news of a minor injury will surface once the season was over. But Russ surprised me with throwing the OL under the bus and declaring no confidence in Hawks coaching staffs.

That no confidence came days after we hired a NEW OC. What a welcome to Seattle. By the way, have our new OC even met Russ after the hire?

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
toffee":3a2rloen said:
FresnoHawk68":3a2rloen said:
xray":3a2rloen said:

I was bothered by Russ's plays towards the end of the season, that was not the Russ we have been watching. I thought some news of a minor injury will surface once the season was over. But Russ surprised me with throwing the OL under the bus and declaring no confidence in Hawks coaching staffs.

That no confidence came days after we hired a NEW OC. What a welcome to Seattle. By the way, have our new OC even met Russ after the hire?

Toffie go to https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... lsRu00.htm

Look at the bad throw %! RW was over 20% 3 games in a row last 3 games of the season! What we want from RW & got from RW was on 9/13/2020, 9/27/2020, and 11/19/2020! 3 games in 2020 for a 30 million QB. 6 regular season games he was over 20% horrific! The last 6 games of the regular season, it was bad not what we want, but 3 games in a row to end the season is freaky.
By the beginning of the last quarter of the regular season RW & the coaches know he’s playing bad and you gotta believe they’re doing everything they can to fix it before the playoffs. It’s panic going into last two games of the season, nobody can
figure out how to fix RW that includes RW!
RW has a 34.6% against the Rams!

We got huuuge problems with RW!