2021 Draft RD 2 PK 56 WR D'wayne Eskridge, W Michigan

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nah, one thing has become crystal clear: Some people are not happy unless they are mad about something.
To each his/her own.

Own The West

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2qlhszld said:
Nah, one thing has become crystal clear: Some people are not happy unless they are mad about something.
To each his/her own.
It’s an addiction. I read an article about it.

People who vent in public forums seek relevance. By reacting, either positively or negatively, you give them affirmation that they matter and the cycle continues. You can say don’t feed the trolls, but we all do it. The choice lies in whether you post to contribute or post to antagonize.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
4.35-40 You can't teach that kind of speed. 5-9 190 pounds he's no P-Rich he's got some meat on him. I think Golden Tate type talent is very possible. This is not a selection to be upset about.

Ruminator

Reaction score
toffee":1xggwhjl said:
https://youtu.be/TS3LzB-ZCoY

Dude seems to catch with his hands, he also faced lots of double teaming.

Love how smoothly and securely he catches and the way his catches often seem to ignite his quick and elusive runs. If he keeps catching like that in the pros, he'll soon be the envy of 31 other clubs.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Ruminator":1ongdqon said:
toffee":1ongdqon said:
https://youtu.be/TS3LzB-ZCoY

Dude seems to catch with his hands, he also faced lots of double teaming.

Love how smoothly and securely he catches and the way his catches often seem to ignite his quick and elusive runs. If he keeps catching like that in the pros, he'll soon be the envy of 31 other clubs.

I heard the Rams were planning on taking him with their pick right after us.

byau

Reaction score
I like the pick.

His film is really interesting, he doesn't look like he's running fast, but he's fast.

He also looks 100% in control of his body, none of the Harvin bumbling around. That was a nice block he threw on that film clip.

And he also looks VERY competitive, something that always bothered me about Moore and Swain. That I like. Aggressive like Tate, but more of a grounded and in control player. Someone who knows how to be grounded and secure the ball. Doesn't take unnecessary risks, but does take some if he knows he's got a shot at making a play. I wouldn't be surprised if he is #3 over Swain come the start of the season.

I like the pick, as far as where he's picked, seems about right. Didn't do any analysis on CB or OL that were left, and the last OL we took early was Ifedi right? I think the Seahawks are just kind of broken at drafting early OL. That Stone Forsythe looks like a good OL pick though. So yeah, the Eskridge pick works. Wouldn't be surprised either if he has an 800+ multi-purpose yard season (RB/WR)

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
K.J WRIGHT":2v9mlpez said:
Elemas":2v9mlpez said:
K.J WRIGHT":2v9mlpez said:
Trust me Guy's, I can valuate talent with the best scouts in the NFL....this guy will take the league by storm. He will one day be in the HOF ! DK Metcalf will soon become our # 2 receiver! BOOK IT!!!

As I think DK can be the best WR in the league, I’m not sure I agree but....I hope you’re right.

Happy with our weapons on O. I’m hoping we can get old Uncle Will back. This could very well be the best receiving corp in the league.
I think Metcalf is way overrated . To me he doesn't seem to love the game all that much. He also tends to hang his head a lot. I think he will have a decent career if he Mans up some. YMMV.

That end to end sprint against the Cards will be in every highlight video that talks about never giving up on a play. I don’t see how you can say that just from that one play alone.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
K.J WRIGHT":3klt9ohb said:
Elemas":3klt9ohb said:
K.J WRIGHT":3klt9ohb said:
Trust me Guy's, I can valuate talent with the best scouts in the NFL....this guy will take the league by storm. He will one day be in the HOF ! DK Metcalf will soon become our # 2 receiver! BOOK IT!!!

As I think DK can be the best WR in the league, I’m not sure I agree but....I hope you’re right.

Happy with our weapons on O. I’m hoping we can get old Uncle Will back. This could very well be the best receiving corp in the league.
I think Metcalf is way overrated . To me he doesn't seem to love the game all that much. He also tends to hang his head a lot. I think he will have a decent career if he Mans up some. YMMV.

You brag about your talent evaluation being pro level, and then you drop this doozy on us?

Oof

ivotuk

Reaction score
BASF":guslo1pg said:
Geologic":guslo1pg said:
Remember when the seahawks got owned in the last 6 weeks of the season?

How many yards did DK Metcalf get in the beginning of the season versus the last parts?

Bullrush the offensive line and Russell is gonna eat $h!t

This is a joke right? We were 5-1 in the last six weeks of the season. The only thing we got owned on was the playoff loss and fantasy owners of Russell Wilson.

Yards for individual players literally do not matter unless you are a fantasy football fan.

The offensive line has already been changed this offseason. The main reason the Rams were able to run over our line in the playoff game is happily retired and will never darken our field again. The fact that Carroll was willing to destroy the continuity that the line had put together over the few games without a washed up Iupati by plugging him in against that defensive line was stupid. Pocic and Brown had to play trying to help Iupati and that opens up opportunities for the others on the defensive line.

Gabe Jackson replacing the Iupati/Simmons platoon is a massive upgrade. It means that Pocic nor Brown have to try to cover for the lackluster play at left guard.

Finally! Somebody gets it! Iupati was THE reason for the OLines problems! Why they put him in there was beyond me!

Wyman said Duane would come off the field pissed off because Iupati was missing basic stunts, easy hand offs!

toffee

Reaction score
ivotuk":32rmcb5c said:
BASF":32rmcb5c said:
Geologic":32rmcb5c said:
Remember when the seahawks got owned in the last 6 weeks of the season?

How many yards did DK Metcalf get in the beginning of the season versus the last parts?

Bullrush the offensive line and Russell is gonna eat $h!t

This is a joke right? We were 5-1 in the last six weeks of the season. The only thing we got owned on was the playoff loss and fantasy owners of Russell Wilson.

Yards for individual players literally do not matter unless you are a fantasy football fan.

The offensive line has already been changed this offseason. The main reason the Rams were able to run over our line in the playoff game is happily retired and will never darken our field again. The fact that Carroll was willing to destroy the continuity that the line had put together over the few games without a washed up Iupati by plugging him in against that defensive line was stupid. Pocic and Brown had to play trying to help Iupati and that opens up opportunities for the others on the defensive line.

Gabe Jackson replacing the Iupati/Simmons platoon is a massive upgrade. It means that Pocic nor Brown have to try to cover for the lackluster play at left guard.

Finally! Somebody gets it! Iupati was THE reason for the OLines problems! Why they put him in there was beyond me!

Wyman said Duane would come off the field pissed off because Iupati was missing basic stunts, easy hand offs!
Wow, with years of experience, multiple seasons of all pro and pro bowls. Iupati lack football IQ?

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
While there are great fans on this site actual football knowledge is limited. I was banned on my original account for saying Russ would be the goat Hawks QB after his pre-season week 3 performance his rookie year. All the Flynn and Hasselbeck fans got mad and reported me. DK was a scrub to many here.... now look at him. Funny how these things happen around here. I’m sure most know far more than Pete and JS.... when the hawks open the next armchair GM or coach position we have a lot of potential applicants.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Scientist,

You were banned from saying that Wilson was going to be our best QB ever?

What?

Not to veer off topic, but how? What would be the rationale for banning someone saying that?

On Eskridge, I have no idea. We need the depth. He looked pretty good at the Senior Bowl. I am a believer that guys that show out in the Senior Bowl often do well in the NFL as they are already playing well against some of the best in college.

But his film is weird.

His #s say he is fast. But you watch him and he does not look fast.

I realize that means he has straight line speed but his quickness looks pretty average. When someone 'looks' fast it often the quickness and his acceleration isn't standing out. His hands look great though.

So does an average acceleration WR that is undersized but has great straight line speed make sense for a team where the coach is so run committed? I like it because smaller guys make it harder to block, so you almost have to get away from the run because your small WRs won't usually be great blocking wideouts.

But ??

Cautiously optimistic though since these are the kind of picks that end up working out for us.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2iylbwup said:
Scientist,

You were banned from saying that Wilson was going to be our best QB ever?

What?

Not to veer off topic, but how? What would be the rationale for banning someone saying that?

They said I was trolling. Funny thing is I was right.

BASF

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2negsvch said:
So does an average acceleration WR that is undersized but has great straight line speed make sense for a team where the coach is so run committed?

We were twenty-fourth in the league in rushing attempts after removing runs by the quarterback when a pass play broke down in 2020. I am not willing to go through the film for 2019 to get the real number for that year as it takes more time than I have nowadays. However, Wilson had 75 runs, and I guarantee you that maybe ten of those were actual rushing attempts. Which would put us at the middle of the league for rushing attempts. The run committed comments are incorrect and tiresome for the past few seasons.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":2wavr4m8 said:
While there are great fans on this site actual football knowledge is limited. I was banned on my original account for saying Russ would be the goat Hawks QB after his pre-season week 3 performance his rookie year. All the Flynn and Hasselbeck fans got mad and reported me. DK was a scrub to many here.... now look at him. Funny how these things happen around here. I’m sure most know far more than Pete and JS.... when the hawks open the next armchair GM or coach position we have a lot of potential applicants.

And some said Eddie Lacy would be the best RB in Seattle's recent history...

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
BASF,

The 'commitment to the run' comments are from Carroll himself. But I agree, they are tiresome.

I am tired of watching us force a middling run game when we have one of the better WR groups and one of the best QBs in the league. Trotting out #s does not tell the whole story, so it makes no sense to jump on that carousel with you - but numbers IN CONTEXT matter. Data in aggregate does not.
(There have been literally multiple page long threads on this site covering how Carroll's predilections in this regard make little sense...feel free to check those)

What is salient is that our greatest strengths are for the passing game not the running game. (Though Carson is stellar) so resources to facilitate more use of our greatest advantages seem to be a good direction for us.

And anything that makes running harder for Carroll to try to force is fine by me. An undersized WR usually isn't a great blocking WR (not always, Tate was fantastic and he was not big).

Regardless, the #s tend to be roughly that 1 in 3 picks are going to work out for us. If even 2 of these 3 picks end up contributing to the team, that is a win.

On paper, and watching the film, this pick makes little sense to me. But it feels like the same kind of pick we tend to be winners on so I am going to assume this ends up being one of our good picks when we look back on it later.