Overachiever of the year predictions

HawkGA

Reaction score
Probably me. I fully anticipate taking my fandom to new heights.

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Was thinking more along the lines of Seahawk players overachieving but I understand how hard it is to choose.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Luuuuuuuuuke Willson.

This is his year to shine, and going into next season we will need to pick between him and Jimmy to play along side Vannett going into 2017.

iigakusei

Reaction score
God I hope it is the entire OL.
I will go with Paul Richardson though. I think he will surprise some people with his impact.

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I'm going to go with Tyler Lockett. I think the expectations are high but I think he can become the 2nd best player on our Offense behind Russ. Lockett has not stopped getting better and working next to Doug, Jermaine, and Richardson will only help him hone his craft.

Lockett could become one of the best WR's in this league. During the draft process I thought best case he would be a #2 receiver in this league like Randall Cobb. With the way the NFL is now days it doesn't matter which WR position you play if you can get open and catch the ball well, you will do big things and Lockett can do both at an elite level. He has the best feet of any WR I have ever watched and is only going to get better.

If Russ starts throwing 35+ times a game Lockett could put up 90-100 catch season.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
C-Mike. He's finally putting it together and displaying the type of talent our front office originally visualized. He might have to carry the load for us early. I hope he's hungry.

KPA

Reaction score
Bevell pulls his head out and becomes a consistently good play caller. Ends up the next Cowboys coach.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":13b8vsxz said:
C-Mike. He's finally putting it together and displaying the type of talent our front office originally visualized. He might have to carry the load for us early. I hope he's hungry.

Not T-Jack? I'm confused.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Paul Richardson is going to kill it. With the focus on Wilson, Rawls/C Mike, Baldwin, Lockett and Graham (when he gets back), Richardson is going to have a lot of favorable one-on-one match-ups against inferior coverage guys.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
HawkGA":11ybcxdt said:
Siouxhawk":11ybcxdt said:

Not T-Jack? I'm confused.
Not a shocker that you're confused.

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Jerhawk":3kc7zbwu said:
Desean Shead. He will make big Playa opposite Sherman

Shead is a guy that could continue to impress and end up leading the team in INT's.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
I'm going with Tony McDaniel. He steps up in the DL rotation and heavily contributes to stopping the run. I think the vet still has a little left in the tank.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
So far Britt and Cmike are already deserving of that award and I'm going to add Jermaine Kearse to that list as well.

Who is our primary weapon in the pass game? A healthy Graham. And then? Baldwin. And then? Lockett.

Kearse will be on the field with these three guys quite a lot this season. He's going to get 1v1s with the worst DBs of the opposing teams more times than not.

It isn't as simple as that though otherwise every worst receiver on the field could put up amazing numbers. This lies in the fact how Jermaine takes advantage of this all the time.

Last season when Graham was down Kearse was our savior in the short passing game and was able to burn some unsuspecting CBs for big gains and clutch plays.

Now Lockett will be a lot more respected and Graham will be back. Just imagine how many times Kearse will be open and force a big gain.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I'm sticking with a current theme and saying Richardson. Probably not enough targets for him to blow up statistically but he is going to be a contributor and change the outcome of games with his speed. Expect a bunch of timely catches and a few explosive plays mixed in. The idea of Richardson and Lockett driving teams nuts with their speed will also open things up for the middle of the field and even the running game.

Prosise is my second pick. Similar in that not a ton of stats but timely usage in key moments.