nash72 wrote:The way the FO has failed in the draft the last 3 or so years, i'll take Chets side.
Have we really failed?
Look back at the picks taken in the first 3 rounds, later rounds are crap shoots for every team.
2014 - Pretty bad draft overall across the NFL however we got
- Paul Richardson was on his way to being a damn fine receiver until he busted out his knee
- Justin Britt is an adequate offensive lineman at this point
- Frank Clark about to have a huge 2017 season
- Lockett we all hope can return to form, but is an electric player at full strength
- Ifedi is a work in progress, did about as well as you can expect considering the inexperience of his teammates and the positional change
- Jarrod Reed, also a bit early to rate him but was solid when he played
- Prosise looked great when he was healthy
- Vannett, hasn't shown anything yet
- Odhiambo, meh, probably won't last long
I'd say in the past three years, of our top 3 rounds, we've done fine. Clark could be on his way to being an all-pro, and Lockett if he gets back to full strength can be a difference maker for us for years. Prosise too. We don't have any glaring busts other than Odhiambo and maybe Vannett.