NFL's Toughest Schedules Remaining

kidhawk

Reaction score
Of course seeing the Saints at 10 and the Packers at 22 shows just how important each and every week are going to be.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Fun to talk about, but the NFL is such a week to week league, what with injuries playing such a big part of matchups every weekend, it's hard to get worked up about having a tough schedule or not.

Most of our early road games looked like losses, at Pittsburgh, at Atlanta.......and one of the easiest road games was thought to be at SF, but it turned out to be the toughest game of the year so far.

So tough schedule? Eh, we'll see. Bottom line for us this year is every game's been tough.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3djhu2va said:
Fun to talk about, but the NFL is such a week to week league, what with injuries playing such a big part of matchups every weekend, it's hard to get worked up about having a tough schedule or not.

Most of our early road games looked like losses, at Pittsburgh, at Atlanta.......and one of the easiest road games was thought to be at SF, but it turned out to be the toughest game of the year so far.

So tough schedule? Eh, we'll see. Bottom line for us this year is every game's been tough.

It definitely is an "Any Given Sunday" league, and I really put zero credibility into the off season strength of schedules, but by this time in the season, we have a pretty good idea who is who and that makes it a little easier to sort out the tougher teams and the weaker teams. With that said, upsets are a dime a dozen, and can happen to any team against any other team.

As far as the Seahawks go, it seems as though every week is a tough schedule, because we make it look that way week in and week out. Would love to see a few blowouts, but I think we will just have to accept that we are going to be in for a battle week in and week out. It's both exhilarating and exhausting at the same time.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
kidhawk":55ru5o67 said:
As far as the Seahawks go, it seems as though every week is a tough schedule, because we make it look that way week in and week out. Would love to see a few blowouts, but I think we will just have to accept that we are going to be in for a battle week in and week out. It's both exhilarating and exhausting at the same time.

This was mainly because the defense wasn't very good.

If the D can play like it did against SF, and the offense can clean up the fumbles and turnovers? Then we should see some bigger win margins.

We were ahead of SF 21-10, only reason they got back into the game was dumb turnovers. I know, two big ifs considering we've had a hard time on D and had some bad turnover games.

My hope is that with the combo of Ugo and Diggs now in the defensive backfield instead of Thompson and Taylor, and Reed, Jefferson and Clowney finally getting to work together, we WILL see the D continue to play much better.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2dzj2gly said:
kidhawk":2dzj2gly said:

This was mainly because the defense wasn't very good.

If the D can play like it did against SF, and the offense can clean up the fumbles and turnovers? Then we should see some bigger win margins.

We were ahead of SF 21-10, only reason they got back into the game was dumb turnovers. I know, two big ifs considering we've had a hard time on D and had some bad turnover games.

My hope is that with the combo of Ugo and Diggs now in the defensive backfield instead of Thompson and Taylor, and Reed, Jefferson and Clowney finally getting to work together, we WILL see the D continue to play much better.

I completely agree. We have the potential to beat even good teams by a double digit margin, but we just can't seem to get all phases playing good football at the same time. I think we did get some luck in that a lot of our early schedule ended up being against teams who ended up being on the weaker side of things, and we have definitely improved the team along the way. It bodes well for our stretch run and with games against teams like the Niners and Vikings still to come, we have our work cut out for us.

Largent80

Reaction score
These schedules mean jack squat in this NFL. First of all you have the ever changing rosters due to injury, then you have the home/road, then you have the who is good this week factor. Each week has a different factor. Last week the Texans were ASS, I'm expecting them to reverse that tonight. But who knows.?

Just play the game in front of you.