Packers game tougher than possible NFC Championship?

classicaaron

Reaction score
I just keep thinking if they can win this coming week I really like our chances in the championship. They either play the Vikings which they already beat and I don't think are all that great. Plus Cousins chokes a lot and it will be a home game. Most likely though the niners win and I still like playing the niners. A division game is always winnable, albeit also losable (like the cardinals), but they were an inch away from being 2-0 against them.

No game is easy at this point but I think going into Greenbay and playing Rodgers is a tougher matchup then any possible Niners or Vikings game they would have to play after it. Not trying to get ahead of myself as I think this week will be a slight miracle with no running game but im already dreaming of the possibilities.

JonRud

Reaction score
all the games are gonna be tough. this GB game is extremely difficult. if somehow it ends up Min at Sea I would feel pretty good.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Let's not forget that the Mighty Seahawks were one bad non-call and/or one bad spot and/or one clock mis-management by the refs (all at the end of week 17) from being the #1 seed in the NFL. Despite the injuries, which we had more for that game than we have going into this one AFAIK. So let us not be too under-confident for the cheeze-whiz-heads game. The only thing we need to fear, are the refs themselves. As FDR once almost said.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Unfortunately, going up against Lord Rodgers, you flat out HAVE TO expect to play against the refs. Fortunately, this team has done a good job at playing thru that crap. Even if it's ridiculous some of the stuff that gets called.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
The Packers is a community owned team. Cheeseheads there do what they can to keep season tickets. Everyone works for the ACME packing company.
You can spot the local referrees by their moldy yellow flags.
We're likely to see a bunch thrown our way. Some with bits of limburger still clinging on.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
JonRud":3jneqi3w said:
all the games are gonna be tough. this GB game is extremely difficult. if somehow it ends up Min at Sea I would feel pretty good.
This.

Eamon696

Reaction score
GeekHawk":2z4cpce9 said:
Let's not forget that the Mighty Seahawks were one bad non-call and/or one bad spot and/or one clock mis-management by the refs (all at the end of week 17) from being the #1 seed in the NFL. Despite the injuries, which we had more for that game than we have going into this one AFAIK. So let us not be too under-confident for the cheeze-whiz-heads game. The only thing we need to fear, are the refs themselves. As FDR once almost said.

I don't believe this is accurate. If we had beaten San Fransisco, we would have only earned the three seed due to Green Bay and New Orleans victories in week 17.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
GeekHawk":28wn0pyv said:

No we were all those things and a laid egg against Arizona from the 1 seed.

In the end I think being the 5 seed was better than the 3 seed so it worked out. Ask NO fans how that 3 seed worked for them. If anything the debacle at the end of the SF-SEA game hurt them more than anyone.

Currently we are essentially back to being the 3 seed. So everything is fine. After Arizona that was the best we could hope for. And here it is.

Hawksfan78

Reaction score
I am very optimistic for this game. Yes, it is in GB, however GB has only beat 2 teams with a winning record. Vikings and chiefs...

HawkGA

Reaction score
It's in GB, but I honestly viewed the Packers as a weaker playoff team than the 9ers, Saints, and Seahawks. Just barely better than the Vikings and only then because I have no respect for Cousins.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
I forgot about that AZ game... thankfully! However, the main point stands in that we're right up there with the best in the NFC even when injury-riddled, so this game shouldn't be one to fear. Except for the refs, we should fear the refs.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
Green Bay is truly a shadow of their former selves.

That said we aren't that good. Do we really have a chance here? If we do it's only because of Russell Wilson. I'm not that optimistic about this game. I love my Seahawks though and know just having Wilson alone can be enough. I just do not have faith in our D, like much at all. :pukeface:

And we will be playing the refs; call me a conspiracy theorist, but come on, all the big market teams that got knocked out on wildcard weekend? The NFL is gonna be nervous. I'm certain Goodhell wants to see a GB/SF championship, that way at least one BIG fanbase NFC team is guaranteed to represent the NFC. I know, the NFL would never steer a game right?

SuperBowl Refs

:34853_doh:

I'll be watching, I'll be praying, but is there really hope? :snack:

ptisme

Reaction score
SeAhAwKeR4life":2imij4rj said:
Green Bay is truly a shadow of their former selves.

That said we aren't that good. Do we really have a chance here? If we do it's only because of Russell Wilson. I'm not that optimistic about this game. I love my Seahawks though and know just having Wilson alone can be enough. I just do not have faith in our D, like much at all. :pukeface:

And we will be playing the refs; call me a conspiracy theorist, but come on, all the big market teams that got knocked out on wildcard weekend? The NFL is gonna be nervous. I'm certain Goodhell wants to see a GB/SF championship, that way at least one BIG fanbase NFC team is guaranteed to represent the NFC. I know, the NFL would never steer a game right?

SuperBowl Refs

:34853_doh:

I'll be watching, I'll be praying, but is there really hope? :snack:

I'm not sure about this... GB is not the passing attack team they were a few years ago... But I think they are built better now for a playoff run: Strong rush offense and a defense that can apply pressure and get off the field in the 4th quarter..

As far as the refs being an excuse, A Seahawks fan is the LAST person who should be discussing the refs giving a team a win...

NJlargent

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":72j5mvat said:
JonRud":72j5mvat said:
This.

Minnesota at home over SF on the road for sure. But I also feel SF easier than GB for us. If we win Sunday, we are going to SB I think. Biggest problem Sunday is we have to get a pass rush or else we are going to get carved up. That is my biggest concern.

RCATES

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":zomz5tpa said:
Considering we have lost 8 straight in Lambeau, I think this is as tough as it gets for us. We always seem to play like crap there.

The fact that we have lost 8 straight there gives me more confidence. Clearly we're due for a win there. Those teams were coached by McCarthy as well who always gave us fits. This GB team is not as talented as the one's in the past either. A much younger inexperienced group including the coaching staff. GB has also rattled off 5 straight wins this year to finish. Did I mention they are due for a loss?

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
RCATES":21f881fg said:
FlyingGreg":21f881fg said:
Considering we have lost 8 straight in Lambeau, I think this is as tough as it gets for us. We always seem to play like crap there.

The fact that we have lost 8 straight there gives me more confidence. Clearly we're due for a win there. Those teams were coached by McCarthy as well who always gave us fits. This GB team is not as talented as the one's in the past either. A much younger inexperienced group including the coaching staff. GB has also rattled off 5 straight wins this year to finish. Did I mention they are due for a loss?

We were "due" for a win against them attempt #5,6,7,8.... we are always going to be due until it happens.

But, perhaps its this time.

Jville

Reaction score
I can think of a couple of defenders that will study and be very thoroughly prepared for the Packers.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/1213997391533223937[/tweet][tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/1213997821998903296[/tweet]

.... the silver lining on the road is that the ability to communicate makes a big difference for the defense.