Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Drive

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
The Drive
Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:51 am
  • When we got the ball I said, with two minutes to go in the game this isn't like a normal drive, this is four down territory. Give Russ four downs to get a first down and he'll find a way. It was a thing of beauty.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

Re: The Drive
Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:08 am
  • I was pretty happy just to get the ball back & give Russ a chance. The fact they didn't go for the 8 point lead made it even better IMO.
    Hockey Guy
    NET Starter

Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:14 am
  • Hockey Guy wrote:I was pretty happy just to get the ball back & give Russ a chance. The fact they didn't go for the 8 point lead made it even better IMO.

True. It would have forced overtime, then a Coin Toss win, along with drive to TD for Russell and we fans would have had to sweat another 15 - 20 minutes for the victory. Not sure I could have taken that. :shock:
    ivotuk
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:31 am
  • DomeHawk wrote:When we got the ball I said, with two minutes to go in the game this isn't like a normal drive, this is four down territory. Give Russ four downs to get a first down and he'll find a way. It was a thing of beauty.

...lol...I would not call it a thing of beauty....but certainly was a "happy ending".....if it were beautiful we would never had been in 4th and 10...and 4th and goal. And my life would now be a few minutes longer....lol...oh the anxiety!!...lol...

I definitely understand where you are coming from though!! Things could not have turned out better in considering downs to time left. If Russ had gone downfield fast then to much time would have been left...... :irishdrinkers:
    samwize77
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:33 am
  • The Drive.

We may just refer to it in that way even at the end of the season. Those are the types of things that can catapult a team.

For Russ? Just another day at the office.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:37 am
  • I was more surprised to see him bounce one to the sidelines. Then, missing Moore who was wide open. The rain and wind clearly had an impact imo.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:48 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:I was more surprised to see him bounce one to the sidelines. Then, missing Moore who was wide open. The rain and wind clearly had an impact imo.

Those two passes were back to.back right after the scramble to start the drive if i remember correctly.

Was not a good sign.

A ridiculous drive, really..
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:11 am
  • Aros wrote:The Drive.

We may just refer to it in that way even at the end of the season. Those are the types of things that can catapult a team.

"The Drive" will sadly forever be associated with John Elway. Also, this was a throwaway game in week 5 of a season that will end in the playoffs if we can't get our defense sorted. Chances are nobody outside this fan base will remember it two weeks from now.

It was a thing of amazement though. Russ will surely get his first MVP vote(s) this year.
    Own The West
    NET Starter

Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:23 am
  • I'll be very surprised if this game isn't added to the instant classic list re-broadcast through the years on espn. The media reaction post game has been intense. They'll use the Russ reference for late game TD drives from now on. There were several records broken/set during this game. A game like that won't be swept under the rug.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.

Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:23 am
  • Own The West wrote:
    Aros wrote:The Drive.

"The Drive" will sadly forever be associated with John Elway. Also, this was a throwaway game in week 5 of a season that will end in the playoffs if we can't get our defense sorted. Chances are nobody outside this fan base will remember it two weeks from now.

It was a thing of amazement though. Russ will surely get his first MVP vote(s) this year.

Strange takeaway...

It was worth celebrating for a number of reasons. Noones suggezting to goes into the annals of NFL lore.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:56 am
  • The Twilight Zone level responses after WINS continues...….
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:00 am
  • Russ Is not human... he is a machine...nothing affects this guy...truly phenomenal!

LTH
    LTH
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:34 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:The Twilight Zone level responses after WINS continues...….

I understand the desire to dissect good and bad. Its why message boards exist.

I'm surprised at the lack of excitement and celebration of a 5-0 team and its HoF qb though.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:08 pm
  • Yep. Look, they played like garbage for much of Sunday, no denying it. But, this has been a fun season, and 5-0 is a hell of a start.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

It is currently Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:17 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information