Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hypothetical ?

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Hypothetical ?
Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:03 am
  • Say we split our division games, and go 3-3 in them.

It’s a good possibility IMO because, well they are division games and Sh it can happen.

Who else do we lose to in the remainder of the schedule?

If you don’t see us splitting the division games, how do you think it plays out.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Re: Hypothetical ?
Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:12 am
  • I dont think we will beat the Rams. Not until the playoffs. But we should beat the Niners twice with those injuries. And the Cards usually win in Seattle.

Buffalo is legit. That is a tough game. And the Hawks usually $h!t the bed in one game near the end of the season. That is probably against the FKA Foreskins.

10 and 6 looks like the worst case right now. 11 and 5 or even 12-4 seems more likely.

Stoked.
    nanomoz
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:21 am
  • nanomoz wrote:I dont think we will beat the Rams. Not until the playoffs. But we should beat the Niners twice with those injuries. And the Cards usually win in Seattle.

Buffalo is legit. That is a tough game. And the Hawks usually $h!t the bed in one game near the end of the season. That is probably against the FKA Foreskins.

10 and 6 looks like the worst case right now. 11 and 5 or even 12-4 seems more likely.

Stoked.

3-3/4-2 in divisional games.

3-2 (at worst) 4-1 likely with the remaining non division games (Buffalo tough, Philly sort of tough, Jets, Skins, Giants no way we lose one of those)

11-5 floor, 13-3 Ceiling IMO
    Hawkpower
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:01 pm
  • Either 15-1 or undefeated...Vikings & Rams were the only one in paper that made me worry...

Im mostly worried about the playoffs.
    rcaido
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:32 am
  • Ok, what's with the Rams fear? Look who they have played. Yes, they are good team. But until they start knocking of really top tier teams, I'll believe they are back. I expect 4-2 in the division.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:46 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Ok, what's with the Rams fear? Look who they have played. Yes, they are good team. But until they start knocking of really top tier teams, I'll believe they are back. I expect 4-2 in the division.

Personally I don’t fear them, or anyone else in the division.
    It’s the fact that so many times the division games get wonky, anything can happen and too many times we lose a couple that we shouldn’t.

It wouldn’t surprise me one bit to be 3-3.

For the sake of this conversation, I was really curious what folks thought about the rest of the schedule.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:27 am
  • Hawkpower wrote:3-3/4-2 in divisional games.

3-2 (at worst) 4-1 likely with the remaining non division games (Buffalo tough, Philly sort of tough, Jets, Skins, Giants no way we lose one of those)

11-5 floor, 13-3 Ceiling IMO

I agree with this. 13-3 is very possible as is 11-5 but I think 12-4 is the most likely. I think the Hawks go 3-3 in the division and 4-1 with the rest.
    SeaWolv
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:29 am
  • Going in to the bye at 5-0 was huge imo. A little bit of cushion going in to a tough middle part of the schedule.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:34 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Ok, what's with the Rams fear? Look who they have played. Yes, they are good team. But until they start knocking of really top tier teams, I'll believe they are back. I expect 4-2 in the division.

The Rams barely lost to Buffalo on the road. Yes that's not a win but it's still impressive. They trounced a mediocre Eagles team in Philly, had a one score win over Dallas at home (same as Hawks), solidly beat Washington on the road. The Giants game was much closer than it should have been and may indicate they have a ways to go. They're the only real threat the the NFC West.
    SeaWolv
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:37 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Going in to the bye at 5-0 was huge imo. A little bit of cushion going in to a tough middle part of the schedule.

Very impressive. Now lets get some people back from injury over the Bye and see what this team is truly capable of with the toughest part of their schedule coming up.
    SeaWolv
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:38 am

Just looking at it objectively, McVay is 4-2 against Seattle, and both losses were games the Rams almost pulled out.

As for this year, we nearly beat the Bills in Buffalo, and Seattle hasn't played a game nearly that difficult. It's likely that if we switched schedules, the Rams would be 5-0 and Seattle 4-1.

The Rams currently are top five in total offense and defense, although 13th in scoring offense and 3rd in scoring defense. Part of that can be attributed to playing Washington and New York, but we held them to their lowest outputs, so we still performed better against them than every other team (tied with the Niners for the Giants) that they've played.

We also have a better point differential than Seattle.

I'm so confused by this "back" narrative - not just from you but from everyone. This season there will be 7 playoff teams - last year we would have been the 7 seed. The Rams should have been expected to be a playoff team from week one, but for some reason the media has acted like we went 6-10 last year.
    Ramfan128
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:40 am
  • SeaWolv wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:Ok, what's with the Rams fear? Look who they have played. Yes, they are good team. But until they start knocking of really top tier teams, I'll believe they are back. I expect 4-2 in the division.

The Rams barely lost to Buffalo on the road. Yes that's not a win but it's still impressive. They trounced a mediocre Eagles team in Philly, had a one score win over Dallas at home (same as Hawks), solidly beat Washington on the road. The Giants game was much closer than it should have been and may indicate they have a ways to go. They're the only real threat the the NFC West.

I'd equate that Giants game to the Seahawks/Vikings.

Giants are worse than the Vikings, but we never trailed in the game - it was just closer than it should have been.
    Ramfan128
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:52 am
  • The Niners are the wildcard - I think they're probably done with their upcoming schedule, but they will be playing for their season Sunday Night. We struggle with them more than Seattle does.

Here's how I think it plays out:

Seahawks:

@Arizona - L
    SF - W
    @Buffalo - L
    @LA - L
    Arizona - W
    @Philly - W
    NY - W
    NY - W
    @Washington - W
    Rams - ?
    @Niners - W

Rams:

@SF - L
    Chicago - W
    @Miami - W
    Seattle - W
    @Tampa Bay - L
    SF - W
    @Arizona - W
    New England - W
    NY - W
    @Seattle - ?
    Arizona - W

I could see both teams being 11-3 heading into their week 16 game. I think we sweep Arizona as we don't struggle with them, and Seattle sweeps SF as they play them better than we do.

In looking at these schedules though, the Rams drawing Tampa Bay and Chicago is tough, and there are lots of games we could lose on this schedule.
    Ramfan128
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:54 am
  • Go Hawks
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:27 am
  • pmedic920 wrote:Say we split our division games, and go 3-3 in them.

It’s a good possibility IMO because, well they are division games and Sh it can happen.

Who else do we lose to in the remainder of the schedule?

If you don’t see us splitting the division games, how do you think it plays out.

your right division games are tough no matter what... strange things happen no matter what the record of the divisional opponent..

I think if this team can get past the Rams and the Bills there is a realistic chance this team goes undefeated... we will see its way early and the odds are against it but I put NOTHING past Pete Carroll and Russell Wilson...

LTH
    LTH
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:04 am

Uhh the Rams has had our number the past 5 games we played each other. They won 4 out of 5, should have been 5 out of 5 if Greg the leg didn't miss the FG at the end. Mcvay is just an awesome creative coach along w/ Shannahan. i always get scared playing the Rams, even during the crappy Fisher era.

We also dont have crowd noise to affect Goof.
    rcaido
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:19 pm
  • Still not afraid of them. They are a good team, the Hawks are a good team. I see a split.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:52 pm
  • Ramfan128 wrote:I'd equate that Giants game to the Seahawks/Vikings.

Just as I'm telling my Hawk brethren not to underestimate your Lambs, I'm gonna tell you not to underestimate the Vikings. Their losses have been at the hands of division leading Titans, Packers and Seahawks and a 3-2 Colts team. The Giants have lost to a 2-3 Niners team and a 2-3 Cowboys team, there's no equivalency there.
    SeaWolv
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:10 pm

The fear is they're the ONLY team in Russell's entire career he has a less than .500 record playing against.

It's also evident that Pete has no idea how to scheme against their offense, because other teams in the division make Goff look like Stan Gelbaugh, but we make his look like Joe Montana.

So whether we like to admit it or not, they give us fits year after year, even when they stunk in St. Louis we were dropping games to them.

As far as our record, I have us at 13-3 now. I think we drop two division games, and probably one out of conference game, at the Bills looks the most dangerous.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:58 pm
  • Im sticking with 13 and 3.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:17 pm
  • I like it……..
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:11 pm
  • It's gonna be messed up if they secure HFA but can't pack the stadium. Season could also get derailed, I suppose.

But if they win 12 or more games and secure it, gonna be awesome regardless.
    bmorepunk
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:37 pm
  • The Cardinals seem to always have our number at home. Our games with them should be a little easier now that Chandler Jones is out for the season. He single-handedly wrecked us last year.
    Erebus
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:49 pm
  • Ramfan128 wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:Ok, what's with the Rams fear? Look who they have played. Yes, they are good team. But until they start knocking of really top tier teams, I'll believe they are back. I expect 4-2 in the division.

I'm so confused by this "back" narrative - not just from you but from everyone. This season there will be 7 playoff teams - last year we would have been the 7 seed. The Rams should have been expected to be a playoff team from week one, but for some reason the media has acted like we went 6-10 last year.

So what you're saying is if this season was last season, the Rams would have made the playoffs? And if 2010 was last season, the Beast Quake never would have happened. Jesus. Who the hell cares?
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:36 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:

The fear is they're the ONLY team in Russell's entire career he has a less than .500 record playing against.

It's also evident that Pete has no idea how to scheme against their offense, because other teams in the division make Goff look like Stan Gelbaugh, but we make his look like Joe Montana.

So whether we like to admit it or not, they give us fits year after year, even when they stunk in St. Louis we were dropping games to them.

As far as our record, I have us at 13-3 now. I think we drop two division games, and probably one out of conference game, at the Bills looks the most dangerous.

To be fair, Goff has actually done well against the Niners and Cardinals under McVay as well. Only two bad games Goff has had against the division under McVay was the first game against the Niners last year and the 42-7 game against Seattle a few years ago, and the first game against Seattle - so overall Goff has probably actually faired better against the Cards and Niners overall.

Goff/McVay (when Goff plays) are a combined 13-4 against the NFC West.
    Ramfan128
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:37 am
  • Seanhawk wrote:
    Ramfan128 wrote:

So what you're saying is if this season was last season, the Rams would have made the playoffs? And if 2010 was last season, the Beast Quake never would have happened. Jesus. Who the hell cares?

Just saying that the Rams were close to a playoff team last year and the media (and fans of other teams) are acting like they complete fell off the map.
    Ramfan128
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:52 am
  • Fortunately, the Hawks are the only team that matters.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:58 am
  • nanomoz wrote:
    Buffalo is legit. That is a tough game.

Agreed. Buffalo is the only team OOD that looks competitive at this point.
    Palpitation
    NET Bench Warmer

It is currently Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:50 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information