Beat ourselves with stupidity on defense

jlwaters1

Reaction score
2 plays illustrate this perfectly. These 2 fouls were major factors in the loss.
The first being Bobby’s, yes it as close but he put himself in a bad spot and for the foul.
They were literally punting and instead a few plays later celebrating a TD.
The near the end of regulation mayowa goes compete idiot and tries jumping over the line.

If they have to score a TD instead of a FG chances were in our favor. But then if the defense after thatplay could have just made them work for that TD (instead of 2 plays), again we probably win.

In the end Russ did the Only thing that was a sure fire way to lose the game and threw that TD. He would have been bettter off taking the sack and punting. Chances are the game would have ended in a tie.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Wilson’s decision making absolutely killed us today. Interceptions near the goal line are just unacceptable and it’s starting to actually piss me off with Russ

getnasty

Reaction score
The Wagner call was absolutely horrible, i won't blame the refs for the loss but Bobby could do the same thing 100 times and it not get flagged but once.

John63

Reaction score
Optimus25":kesg68e6 said:
Wilson’s decision making absolutely killed us today. Interceptions near the goal line are just unacceptable and it’s starting to actually piss me off with Russ
Lol yeah we score 34 points and its Wilson's fault not the defense that gave up 37 lol.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Budda's INT showed Russ and Shotty have not disguised that play enough. Everyone knew what was coming, and Russ floated like it was a practice gimme.

Maybe, a little more fire and urgency.

John63

Reaction score
nwHawk":3k7o6q0c said:
Budda's INT showed Russ and Shotty have not disguised that play enough. Everyone knew what was coming, and Russ floated like it was a practice gimme.

Maybe, a little more fire and urgency.

And not giving up 37 points

brimsalabim

Reaction score
The 15 yard penalty on 4th and 13 was a killer mistake. It looked like the defense was completely gassed at the end though. The offense was rolling before injuries began piling up. I love Carson but he’s just not durable enough. When does Penny get back?

Optimus25

Reaction score
John63":3i35dz7q said:
Optimus25":3i35dz7q said:
Lol yeah we score 34 points and its Wilson's fault not the defense that gave up 37 lol.

You have to live with the defense as is. Where is either the money or the talent? It’s not anywhere we can use now so we all know we’re all in on the offense. That means Russ can’t throw picks at the five yard line. Period. And not throwing picks at midfield when we could just punt and probably tie would be nice too.

TypeSly

Reaction score
Optimus25":3kbe1i3x said:
John63":3kbe1i3x said:
Optimus25":3kbe1i3x said:

You have to live with the defense as is. Where is either the money or the talent? It’s not anywhere we can use now so we all know we’re all in on the offense. That means Russ can’t throw picks at the five yard line. Period. And not throwing picks at midfield when we could just punt and probably tie would be nice too.

WHY?? Why do we have to live with the defence the way it is? Change something, anything!!

LTH

Reaction score
The Hawks lost this game because of the three picks... very seldom ya turn the ball over 3 times and win the ball game... period shoul,d we fire Wilson Now? LMAO!! oh no... just fire Norton for Wilson's three picks LMAO!

LTH

LTH

Reaction score
The Hawks lost this game because of the three picks... very seldom ya turn the ball over 3 times and win the ball game... period should we fire Wilson Now? LMAO!! oh no... just fire Norton for Wilson's three picks LMAO!

LTH

Seanhawk

Reaction score
LTH":u52n4hko said:
The Hawks lost this game because of the three picks... very seldom ya turn the ball over 3 times and win the ball game... period shoul,d we fire Wilson Now? LMAO!! oh no... just fire Norton for Wilson's three picks LMAO!

LTH

Well, the one pick. The first two resulted in no points by AZ and TDs on the ensuing drives by the 'Hawks.

PNW

Reaction score
LTH":180kr90p said:
The Hawks lost this game because of the three picks... very seldom ya turn the ball over 3 times and win the ball game... period should we fire Wilson Now? LMAO!! oh no... just fire Norton for Wilson's three picks LMAO!

LTH
You’re going to see more and more multi pick games from Russ when he knows the offense has to literally carry the whole team. Our poor Offense has to put up 40 a game to maybe win, do you know how stressful and taxing that is? To this point we’ve gotten lucky, today was a reality check, it’s a long season to expect us to score 40 points a game that’s not sustainable long term and certainly won’t get us anywhere in the playoffs.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
The second pick was on DK stopping short of the end zone, if he run 3more yards into the the end zone he easily out jumps Peterson, the third looks like one or the WR ran the wrong route. The D made enough big plays to win that game, it didn’t happen..