This D is going to SHOCK you. It's going to be GREAT

W

Welshers

Everyone calm down AND TRUST THE PLAN. Pete is a guy who formed maybe the best D in NFL history. He won us a SB and is going to get us back on track. There are all sorts of reasons we will turn it around:

-Dunbar playing injured was a HUGE part of why we were so bad. We basically were minus a guy on D.
-We will be getting our best corner back in Shaq.
-We will also be getting the guy who was our sack leader before yesterday back in Mayowa. Don't forget about guys like Amadi.
-Everyone needs to realize that this was Adams first game back and Dunlap's first with the team. Pete even said Carlos only knew about half the guys out there. He played great.
-We got 7 sacks, the most we have got in quite a few years.
-We will make adjustments, just look at how we played in the SF game after our Arizona loss.
-Pete never quits and said there are all sorts of reasons for hope.

Keep trusting in this team guys. This D will be GREAT in the 2nd half of the season. Mark my words.

John63

Reaction score
Welshers":120zxns4 said:
Everyone calm down AND TRUST THE PLAN. Pete is a guy who formed maybe the best D in NFL history. He won us a SB and is going to get us back on track. There are all sorts of reasons we will turn it around:

-Dunbar playing injured was a HUGE part of why we were so bad. We basically were minus a guy on D.
-We will be getting our best corner back in Shaq.
-We will also be getting the guy who was our sack leader before yesterday back in Mayowa. Don't forget about guys like Amadi.
-Everyone needs to realize that this was Adams first game back and Dunlap's first with the team. Pete even said Carlos only knew about half the guys out there. He played great.
-We got 7 sacks, the most we have got in quite a few years.
-We will make adjustments, just look at how we played in the SF game after our Arizona loss.
-Pete never quits and said there are all sorts of reasons for hope.

Keep trusting in this team guys. This D will be GREAT in the 2nd half of the season. Mark my words.

LOl seems I have been hearing that since 2016, like the oline that still is bad

mistaowen

Reaction score
We're on pace to be the worst pass defense of all time by a considerable amount and Pete blamed the players today.

John63

Reaction score
mistaowen":1n33d0gi said:
We're on pace do be the worst pass defense of all time but a considerable amount and Pete blamed the players today.

Of course he did, di you expect him to blame his coaches? EH just signed a new deal he can do whatever he wants and throw whomever he wants under the bus now.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The 'Plan' has gotten us destroyed in every playoff game but the wildcard games since the SB loss.

What are we trusting again?

Trusting that Pete has a history of hiring and keeping incompetent coordinators?

Keeping them too long and thus squandering talent? Maybe even the years of effective QB play he has from his HOF quality QB?

Or trusting Pete to change, something he rarely does, so that Norton can deliver success as a DC...something he has never done.

So just blind trust that thus far has continually left far from meeting expectations?

NOTE:

Assuming the OP is doing sarcasm. But tempted to respond nonetheless.

JGreen79

Reaction score
While I don't think the defense will be great. I believe they will get better as the season winds down if they get and stay healthy.

I really liked what I saw from Dunlap, it wont be a top half defense, but I feel like they could at least become a little more sturdy as they gel a bit.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
TypeSly":2ejyxyge said:
What happened to "Legendary"?

:ditto:

And is great better than legendary, or vice versa? Asking because legendary has not worked out too well.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
TypeSly":rgx1xiqf said:
What happened to "Legendary"?
He didn't mention what type of legendary, right now they're legendary for being on pace to be one of the worst units of all time.

getnasty

Reaction score
Great might be an overstatement but i can definitely see them being a top 15 defense in the second half of the season.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Cyrus12":14w0as4w said:
Just avg or below avg would be nice.

Honestly I'll take games where they just give up less than 30 at this point.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
bmorepunk":14lr8mbk said:
Cyrus12":14lr8mbk said:
Just avg or below avg would be nice.

Honestly I'll take games where they just give up less than 30 at this point.
Exactly. Just avg 28 a game and we might win a playoff game. But if they play like this then no way they go to the Super Bowl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bluengreen

Reaction score
I am not convinced that our D will be great this year, but with RW and our O it doesn't have to be. It just has to be average. If they can avoid giving up 14 points in the first six minutes, which doesn't seem unreasonable to achieve given the amount of talent in spite of our weaknesses, that will be enough for RW and DK to handle things.

We do better playing from ahead, which we can usually do. Russ pressed and made unwise decisions trying to constantly make up the difference. If the D can at least aspire to be average instead of historically bad we can beat anyone any given day.

But I think that even being average will take a huge shift in coaching mentality that I just don't see happening. Pete doesn't seem to understand that he was completely out coached. Pete had such a great game plan to shut down their running game but Buffalo disrespected our historically bad pass D so bad that they didn't even bother to run they ball. Why should they? They may as well as have been playing against a backyard two hand touch pass D.

Then the over reaction was to send the house which got us burnt. To me, just to be average we would need to blitz to make up for our lack of pressure from our front four, but disguise where it is coming from and be able to get home from multiple sources. I am not confident that Pete and Norton can do that.

Pete seems like he would rather keep counting on the front four to get pressure when it is clear that they cannot than to change his schemes to suit his personnel.

iigakusei

Reaction score
If they don’t give up 30 in both of the next two games I will be absolutely shocked.

MrThortan

Reaction score
Seems like the D has been on a downward trajectory for a while. I am optimistic they will play better next weekend. There has been a lot of moving parts with injuries and such. Game by game.

rcaido

Reaction score
If we can get to the teens ill be super happy, like ranked nineteen.

OP
OP
W

Welshers

MrThortan":3d4ch448 said:
Seems like the D has been on a downward trajectory for a while. I am optimistic they will play better next weekend. There has been a lot of moving parts with injuries and such. Game by game.
Agreed! Game by game

cymatica

Reaction score
Defense will not be fixed without major changes to the scheme. Teams have them figured out. Josh Allen knew exactly where to go 90% of the time, with ease, just like every other qb and their backups. Our coaches(on defense) put our the players in the toughest situation to make plays, play calling and scheme. They have been trying to fix the defense all year with the same results