Ramsey on DK I was brought here to stop guys like him

ivotuk

Reaction score
Jalen Ramsey on facing DK Metcalf again: 'I was brought here to stop guys like him'

Jalen Ramsey versus DK Metcalf.

There are few matchups in the NFL that spark more intrigue than this one. And, when the Rams and Seahawks face off on Sunday, fans should expect to see another gripping edition of this clash of titans.

Just as it has on most game days, it's going to take a collective effort to slow the first-time Pro Bowler down. But, as Ramsey stated on Thursday, stopping Metcalf will fall largely on the now four-time Pro Bowl cornerback's shoulders.

"I live for these type of matchups," Ramsey said, per Jourdan Rodrigue of The Athletic. "I was brought here to stop guys like him."

Ramsey, who jokingly responded with a "maybe" when asked if he'd be covering Metcalf again, achieved that goal in spades when Seattle and L.A. met in Week 10.

According to Pro Football Focus, Ramsey shadowed Metcalf on 77.1% of his routes -- the most he's done so against a wideout this season -- and allowed zero (!) receptions on two targets.

https://www.nfl.com/news/jalen-ramsey-o ... s-like-him

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Thats not bulletin board material, it's a huge compliment from Ramsey. The comment about looking forward to the match up is something he only says when facing the top WRs in the NFL

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Problem from our point of view is more often than not Ramsey has walked the walk.

Elemas

Reaction score
DK can get his for sure but...imo Ramsey is the league's top CB and definitely presents a problem.

It should be a great match up. I still want Russ to look DKs way in 1 v 1 coverage though!! You know DKs looking for that chance.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
People mocked the idea when he was first traded to the Rams. But I was always concerned that he would give either Doug Baldwin, Lockett, or Metcalf problems.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I predict DK is going to have a better showing this time around.

chris98251

Reaction score
Aros":127wz1nb said:
I predict DK is going to have a better showing this time around.

We will see how much of a Pro DK has become this game, most guys study what the person did against them and find a counter. Same for a DB, they want to see what move or tell the WR gives when doing something.

Then there is watching what guys did that succeeded against people as well. What buttons can be pushed etc.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Jalen is a shut down corner. I hope dk exploits him and russ see's him when he does.

AKNFidel

Reaction score
Last game against the Rams, Seattle had a tepid rushing attack due to his injuries in the backfield. I expect the Seattle offensive attack to be balanced this week, and the passing game to be better for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

sutz

Reaction score
AKNFidel":2vfk4yo3 said:
Last game against the Rams, Seattle had a tepid rushing attack due to his injuries in the backfield. I expect the Seattle offensive attack to be balanced this week, and the passing game to be better for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
This. :ditto:

CBs have run responsibilities, too. With our running game in better shape, DK should have a bit more opportunity to shake Ramsey on some routes. DK appears to be a real student of the game, so I'm sure he's into the video on Ramsey looking for that edge. Russ should be a bit more agressive on his throws, too. A deep throw to DK a few times on Sunday should help to open things up. An interception on a deep throw is kind of like a punt anyway. Sometimes you have to risk those 1 on 1 plays and trust your WR.

JPatera76

Reaction score
As long as Russell doesn’t ignore him 99% of the time. If the Jets and Darnold can take shots at Jalen Russ damn well better.

Last time we face the rams his basically ignored DK, which wasn’t ideal whatsoever

PNW

Reaction score
JPatera76":8neyj5qj said:
As long as Russell doesn’t ignore him 99% of the time. If the Jets and Darnold can take shots at Jalen Russ damn well better.

Last time we face the rams his basically ignored DK, which wasn’t ideal whatsoever
This ^^^
DK was wide open multiple times and Russ wouldn’t even look his way. It’s up to Russ if DK even gets a chance against Ramsey.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Imagine the lift it would give the entire team if they can score on the opening drive with DK beating Ramsey for a TD.

chet380

Reaction score
2-28-0 last time -- options other than DK have to be emphasized.

had2bhawk

Reaction score
Appyhawk":nm3vlhr0 said:
If DK can beat Ramsey one out of four targets...we win.

I think this is the game plan.
The O line isn't 100% because of lingering ailments and containing Donald is going to be a challenge. Hopefully there will be more completions underneath and Ramsey will be getting alot of exercise following Metcalf decoy.
I see another stressful game through the first half but Metcalf will show his talent in late 3rd and 4th quarter for lock down win.
Schotty, please call it well!

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Please baby Jesus don't let us be "surprised" when the Rams D line gets constant pressure.....
Please baby Jesus don't let us be "surprised" when the Rams D line gets constant pressure.....