Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just Saying...

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Re: Just Saying...
Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:56 am
  • I wish I had the confidence in the Bears, but they are likely to get smoked. And the Rodgers worship will continue :pukeface:
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:18 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Chapow wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:The weather in Seattle in January isn't much better than Lambeau on average. I mean its colder, but usually pretty dry.

No fans there, so really what does it matter?

It's not so much losing the HFA, it's not getting the #1 seed and a bye to get healthy and strong.

You are correct, this year HFA doesn't mean much with the #1 vs #2 seeds. But not having the bye and having to possibly travel twice if we're the #3 seed because we lost to the Giants? Yeah, that's being pissed off worthy.

Imagine being a Rams fan and facing the possibility of not even making the playoffs at all because you lost to a winless Jets team that was coming off a 40-3 loss, when before that loss you were in control of your own destiny and in great position to win the division.

Just sayin...

Yeah, but I highly doubt the Bears are beating the Packers with the Packers needing to win to keep the #1 seed.

Before last week I didn't want to see the Rams in the playoffs, but with Goff's injury and the Rams limping into the playoffs I'm just fine with seeing them in the first round. I'd LOVE to curb stomp their asses into the off season.

The point is that Rams are in a much worse position because of their loss to the Jets than we are because of our loss to the Giants.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:25 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:I wish I had the confidence in the Bears, but they are likely to get smoked. And the Rodgers worship will continue :pukeface:

Division game. All bets are off. The Bears have a decent chance in this one. And the Bears winning will make the Packers look mortal. The Packers winning, of course, will make them look invincible. Truth is, much like a lot of other division games, there are always tough games, upsets, and unexpected results.

Week 14, 2013, the juggernaut Seahawks lost to the 49ers and put not only the #1 seed but the division title in jeopardy—to those very 49ers. Two weeks later, we lost to the Cardinals (who didn't even make the playoffs) with a chance to clinch the division and homefield. At home. The week after that, we smoked the Rams to win the division, and the rest is history.

You can look at almost every top team every year and come up with a head-scratching loss, and a lot of them are division rivals. It's just how the NFL works.

I'm not terribly keen on facing the Packers in Lambeau, but if we won, we'd likely be either in the driver's seat for the rest of the playoffs or Super Bowl bound after beating a very tough opponent. I'd take that.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:28 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Like others have mentioned, the ref factor is very scary. And I don't need to hear about how the team should overcome etc. The Refs impacting games is a real thing, and it's VERY likely to be something we see in the playoffs.

After watching that Sunday night game, I am absolutely convinced if we go there we will not win. The NFL has a hard on for a GB vs KC Super Bowl.
    hawks85
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:37 pm
  • I hope you're right Chapow, really hope.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:52 pm
  • Seahawk Sailor wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:I wish I had the confidence in the Bears, but they are likely to get smoked. And the Rodgers worship will continue :pukeface:

Division game. All bets are off. The Bears have a decent chance in this one. And the Bears winning will make the Packers look mortal. The Packers winning, of course, will make them look invincible. Truth is, much like a lot of other division games, there are always tough games, upsets, and unexpected results.

Week 14, 2013, the juggernaut Seahawks lost to the 49ers and put not only the #1 seed but the division title in jeopardy—to those very 49ers. Two weeks later, we lost to the Cardinals (who didn't even make the playoffs) with a chance to clinch the division and homefield. At home. The week after that, we smoked the Rams to win the division, and the rest is history.

You can look at almost every top team every year and come up with a head-scratching loss, and a lot of them are division rivals. It's just how the NFL works.

I'm not terribly keen on facing the Packers in Lambeau, but if we won, we'd likely be either in the driver's seat for the rest of the playoffs or Super Bowl bound after beating a very tough opponent. I'd take that.

Yep.

Week 17, 2019, the defending Super Bowl champion, Brady/Belichick, 12-3 Patriots were hosting the 4-11 (1-6 on the road) Miami Dolphins with the #1 seed, and 1st round bye, on the line. The Patriots lost that game, which cost them a 1st round bye, dropped them out of one of the top 2 seeds, and dropped them into the wildcard round. They then lost in the wildcard round at home to a 9-7 Tennessee Titans wildcard team.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/recap?gameId=401127909
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:26 pm
  • You never know, still gotta' lace 'em up. But......not holding my breath. Finger, Legs and everything else crossed.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:26 pm
  • Aros wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:The weather in Seattle in January isn't much better than Lambeau on average. I mean its colder, but usually pretty dry. No fans there, so really what does it matter?

You're joking, right?

At a certain temperature, playing in the snow/cold is much better than playing in cold rain. If it's a really wet snow it's not much different, but if it's on the dryer end, it's much more comfortable than the rain. The rain permeates every piece of clothing and. Dryer snow or just dryer cold air is easier to deal with. Any weather below about 28 degrees is miserable no matter what. I'd rather do anything outside in 30*/dry vs 40*/wet
    OrangeGravy
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:42 pm
  • hawks85 wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:Like others have mentioned, the ref factor is very scary. And I don't need to hear about how the team should overcome etc. The Refs impacting games is a real thing, and it's VERY likely to be something we see in the playoffs.

After watching that Sunday night game, I am absolutely convinced if we go there we will not win. The NFL has a hard on for a GB vs KC Super Bowl.

The NFL has had a hard on for that matchup going back to last year until the 49ers b!@ch slapped GB. Don't think for a minute they haven't been hoping for it. If it happens, it will be the single most insufferable SB lead up in the history of SB's.
    OrangeGravy
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:39 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:I wish I had the confidence in the Bears, but they are likely to get smoked. And the Rodgers + Zebras worship will continue :pukeface:

FIFY.... :rumble:
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:59 am
  • They say that referees don't like the guys that b*tch or whine too much, but why does it always work for Brady? This guy is on the refs on every play, and yet he always gets calls in his favor. I can't stand Brady, in so many ways.
    TypeSly
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:15 pm
  • TypeSly wrote:They say that referees don't like the guys that b*tch or whine too much, but why does it always work for Brady? This guy is on the refs on every play, and yet he always gets calls in his favor. I can't stand Brady, in so many ways.

Because Brady is the Michael Jordan of the NFL.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Previous

It is currently Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:35 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information