Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Taylor update?

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Taylor update?
Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:39 pm
  • Anyone see any news on if Taylor practiced today? Last update as of Monday Pete said they were going to see if he would practice today and I did not see the media ask about him on the presser today. Any word on if he’s officially sitting out this year?
    DavidCruz24
    NET Practice Squad

Re: Taylor update?
Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:17 pm
  • DavidCruz24 wrote:Anyone see any news on if Taylor practiced today? Last update as of Monday Pete said they were going to see if he would practice today and I did not see the media ask about him on the presser today. Any word on if he’s officially sitting out this year?

The update is dudes never going to play a down here, probably done forever at this point.
    Momofantv
    NET Practice Squad

Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:30 pm
  • He's a high jumper now

massari
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:30 pm
  • Starts about the 10:45 mark.

KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:08 pm
  • Momofantv wrote:
    DavidCruz24 wrote:Anyone see any news on if Taylor practiced today? Last update as of Monday Pete said they were going to see if he would practice today and I did not see the media ask about him on the presser today. Any word on if he’s officially sitting out this year?

The update is dudes never going to play a down here, probably done forever at this point.

Oh man really? That stinks.
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:13 pm
  • He's resting for next years playoffs..
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:30 am
  • I would be very surprised if Taylor sees the field this season. Even if he does surprise everyone and gets a little PT against the 49ers, I just can't see Pete playing an untested rookie in the playoffs without knowing what he's going to give you.

Also, please correct me if I'm wrong but if he sits out, don't we get an extra year of control? Seems silly to waste that in what could be a meaningless game against the 9ers, particularly if they don't plan to use him in the playoffs.

I think he will be ready to go by the time TC rolls around next year, and hopefully at 100%. Since he was unable to play this year, it will be almost like having an extra high draft pick which will be very helpful considering we don't have many next year.
    TraderGary
    NET Rookie

Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:43 am
  • I'm assuming this is a red shirt year but I'm perplexed at the long recovery from what we were told was merely a stress fracture that he played on in college.

But theoretically he should eventually heal and play. Unless he's got some unreported underlying condition that affects his bones. But I'd think he'd have a long injury history is that was the case.
    Mad Dog
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:14 am
  • from what I heard in carrolls PC Taylor practiced and is really sore... Carroll did not sound optimistic for this year but he said all hope is NOT lost..

LTH
    LTH
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:39 pm
  • LTH wrote:from what I heard in carrolls PC Taylor practiced and is really sore... Carroll did not sound optimistic for this year but he said all hope is NOT lost..

LTH

We all know Carroll is an eternal optimist. For him to sound less than optimistic on Taylor is really not a good sign. As "Mad Dog" said, let's hope this is not some sort of underlying bone condition.

I'm going to remain optimistic for next year unless we hear differently. I really want to see what this kid can do on the field as I'm sure we all do.
    TraderGary
    NET Rookie

Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:37 pm
  • Word is Taylor was on the practice field today, Tues 1/5/21. No idea what or how he did.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.

Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:32 am
  • Mad Dog wrote:I'm assuming this is a red shirt year but I'm perplexed at the long recovery from what we were told was merely a stress fracture that he played on in college.

But theoretically he should eventually heal and play. Unless he's got some unreported underlying condition that affects his bones. But I'd think he'd have a long injury history is that was the case.

It was widely reported after the draft that he had a titanium rod surgically implanted in his leg last January.

And a reminder, it was very much in doubt there was going to be a 2020 season during the draft. Long recovery times were an acceptable risk.
    Basis4day
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:06 am
  • Apparently, he's practicing now and may be activated.

I just don't see the point. I'm hoping he plans out but, I'm more inclined to think bringing him in now is a waste.

I hope his injury is gtg and wouldn't mind him coming in fresh...for next season.
    Elemas
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:11 am
  • Elemas wrote:Apparently, he's practicing now and may be activated.

I just don't see the point. I'm hoping he plans out but, I'm more inclined to think bringing him in now is a waste.

I hope his injury is gtg and wouldn't mind him coming in fresh...for next season.

Agreed. I suspect this is another move that makes him available for emergency use, but I doubt they will activate him just to "get reps" this season. The playoffs would be the wrong time to do that.
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:13 am
  • Momofantv wrote:
    DavidCruz24 wrote:Anyone see any news on if Taylor practiced today? Last update as of Monday Pete said they were going to see if he would practice today and I did not see the media ask about him on the presser today. Any word on if he’s officially sitting out this year?

And you based that on absolutely nothing, of course.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:51 am
  • So now he's never going to play a down in the NFL. Got it :roll:
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:07 pm
  • Basis4day wrote:Long recovery times were an acceptable risk.

Gambling that his leg will heal 100% without a full evaluation from team doctors, is a bigger risk than the McDowell pick.
    massari
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:09 pm
  • massari wrote:
    Basis4day wrote:Long recovery times were an acceptable risk.

Gambling that his leg will heal 100% without a full evaluation from team doctors, is a bigger risk than the McDowell pick.

Yeah, well head x-rays don't show "idiot" very well. :twisted:
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:46 pm
  • massari wrote:

Completely false. And, again, McDowell is not analogous with any athlete outside of Jason Williams.
    Basis4day
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:18 pm
  • Basis4day wrote:
    massari wrote:

Completely false. And, again, McDowell is not analogous with any athlete outside of Jason Williams.

Just like calling Chris McIntosh a bust because he got a neck injury in training camp.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:10 pm
  • Momofantv wrote:

Oh man. This is a good one.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:25 pm
  • Maelstrom787 wrote:
    Momofantv wrote:

Sounds like Pre Season Coach speak.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:52 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:
    Maelstrom787 wrote:
    Momofantv wrote:

I mean, there's a tangible development here in the fact that he's practicing now, apparently at full speed.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:07 pm
  • Maelstrom787 wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    Maelstrom787 wrote:
    Momofantv wrote:

I mean, there's a tangible development here in the fact that he's practicing now, apparently at full speed.

I still think he's mostly emergency insurance. You don't take a fresh off an injury and throw him into the fire in the playoffs unless you really, really have to.
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:58 pm
  • Maybe it's true and Pete's known that Taylor was on a path to contribute tbis post season. And... maybe thats why he was ok letting Snacks go?

Now I know they play two different positions but Collier has been used inside often. Maybe it's been in the back of Pete's mind that by the 2nd game Taylor will be contibruting and that having the extra edge pressure and a kick inside from collier was more valuable (and ultimately viable) than giving up a roster spot for a one trick pony in Harrison?

Emphasis on the '?'
    keasley45
    NET Starter

Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:34 pm
  • sutz wrote:
    Maelstrom787 wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    Maelstrom787 wrote:

I still think he's mostly emergency insurance. You don't take a fresh off an injury and throw him into the fire in the playoffs unless you really, really have to.

Or unless Carroll is sandbagging... I agree typically your assessment would be correct...But Carroll doesn't think like everybody else...

It will be interesting to see what happens...

I don't see the point in creating a smoke screen if you are Carroll why even talk about it if its not something that will happen...Not sure what that will prove...unless he is trying to refocus the media on something that doesn't matter I could see that...

LTH
    LTH
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:28 pm
  • sutz wrote:
    Maelstrom787 wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    Maelstrom787 wrote:

I would certainly agree with your assessment here. Just criticizing how multiple posters were practically guaranteeing he'd never be able to suit up for an NFL game, which is a take that certainly seems to be heavily trending towards untrue
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:21 pm
  • Maelstrom787 wrote:
    sutz wrote:
    Maelstrom787 wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:

I would certainly agree with your assessment here. Just criticizing how multiple posters were practically guaranteeing he'd never be able to suit up for an NFL game, which is a take that certainly seems to be heavily trending towards untrue

Well, at this point they are still right. They will not be proven to be clueless "sky is falling" chicken little's until some future date.
    Norcalhawklover
    NET Rookie

It is currently Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:29 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information