Geno gets the nod for the upcoming Titans

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
In one respect, the argument is moot, as Geno will be the starter for the remaining three games. I hope he performs anywhere near his Dallas level, but my head says he won't.

I also hope that the Defense shows the fire, attitude, and good play that they showed against the Eagles. I believe that attitude change came from benching Adams. I have long posted my belief that Adams is a locker room cancer. I'm hoping that PC's recent statement that Adams may be out for the season is a sign that he's finally realized this and plans on sitting Adams.

If he does, I would be much more confident in this defense. He may never do the next right thing and rotate Bobby out, but every little correct move he makes increases the chances of actually winning 3+ more games this season.
Agreed on Adams. I never had the proof I needed to convince myself he was a cancer, but it's added up quickly. Shame. He gives a hell of a lot of effort on field, always does his best to fly to the ballcarrier.

I also think some of the fire came from letting Mike Jackson play. Not anywhere close to the talent of Woolen, but he was gunning hard on every play. They were on some new shit against Philly on D.

Bobby... whew. Agreed. Hard. All I'll say. I don't think you can really replace him at this point unless Bush and Brooks have a clear rapport and both are ready to execute the mental side of quarterbacking the D, but damn it. It's hard to watch.

Dallas isn't replicable. If he replicated Dallas or close to it on an individual performance level, he'd essentially be Better Mahomes. 51 TD/17 INT, 17 rushing TD, whew. But I think something more akin to early 2022 is replicable if we keep this train rolling.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Behind door #1 we have a mediocre QB that has played most of the year leading us to a mediocre record, a small chance to get to the playoffs and if successful an almost certainty of a first round flow out loss. But, he is a friend of Pete and was given a contract accordingly. He has 0% chance to ever get us to the Super Bowl.

Behind door #2 we have a mediocre QB that has played little this year but lead us to the first win in 5 games. He played at a mediocre level but at the end he led an impressive game winning drive only to be benched for the next game. He is not a friend of Pete and will be gone as a free agent in 3 games. He has 0% chance of ever getting us to the Super Bowl.

(and early warning PC will use Lock NOT resigning (likely as he gets lowballed by PC on purpose) as his excuse to overpay another year for mediocre QB #1. “We need consistency . . . Blah blah blah) sometimes I think he is getting kick backs from some of this players.

renofox

Reaction score
Agreed on Adams. I never had the proof I needed to convince myself he was a cancer, but it's added up quickly. Shame. He gives a hell of a lot of effort on field, always does his best to fly to the ballcarrier.

I also think some of the fire came from letting Mike Jackson play. Not anywhere close to the talent of Woolen, but he was gunning hard on every play. They were on some new shit against Philly on D.

Bobby... whew. Agreed. Hard. All I'll say. I don't think you can really replace him at this point unless Bush and Brooks have a clear rapport and both are ready to execute the mental side of quarterbacking the D, but damn it. It's hard to watch.

Dallas isn't replicable. If he replicated Dallas or close to it on an individual performance level, he'd essentially be Better Mahomes. 51 TD/17 INT, 17 rushing TD, whew. But I think something more akin to early 2022 is replicable if we keep this train rolling.
I don't have any proof that Adams is a cancer other than my education in Organizational Culture and 40 years experience as a leader.

I made a long post here explaining why but I'm too lazy to look it up. Suffice it to say that team members with his attitude, character, and pay level that are not performing at a level above 95% of their teammates quickly become poison in any organization.

I forgot about Jackson/Woolen but that is a long overdue move that PC also finally made. Woolen hasn't been performing (for reasons I do not attribute mostly to him) and Jackson tearing it up definitely boosted the psyche of the Defense.

Wagner's been a huge problem that I've never addressed because, like you, I have no frigging clue how that can be effectively fixed. I think PC's stuck for this season.

As I said before, I also hope Geno plays well. I just don't think he'll be able to not choke under the pressure of the next three games. I'm expecting too much of the deer-in-headlights Geno to surface.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Behind door #1 we have a mediocre QB that has played most of the year leading us to a mediocre record, a small chance to get to the playoffs and if successful an almost certainty of a first round flow out loss. But, he is a friend of Pete and was given a contract accordingly. He has 0% chance to ever get us to the Super Bowl.

Behind door #2 we have a mediocre QB that has played little this year but lead us to the first win in 5 games. He played at a mediocre level but at the end he led an impressive game winning drive only to be benched for the next game. He is not a friend of Pete and will be gone as a free agent in 3 games. He has 0% chance of ever getting us to the Super Bowl.

(and early warning PC will use Lock NOT resigning (likely as he gets lowballed by PC on purpose) as his excuse to overpay another year for mediocre QB #1. “We need consistency . . . Blah blah blah) sometimes I think he is getting kick backs from some of this players.
Thank you, Buzz Killington.

Lets all go slit our wrists together, gents. Life is sad and football isn't entertaining. Forget talking about the details of the sport in a thread where we're actively reaching consensus through hashing out our mutually thought-out and mostly evidence-based viewpoints, that's way too productive to let slide.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I don't have any proof that Adams is a cancer other than my education in Organizational Culture and 40 years experience as a leader.

I made a long post here explaining why but I'm too lazy to look it up. Suffice it to say that team members with his attitude, character, and pay level that are not performing at a level above 95% of their teammates quickly become poison in any organization.

I forgot about Jackson/Woolen but that is a long overdue move that PC also finally made. Woolen hasn't been performing (for reasons I do not attribute mostly to him) and Jackson tearing it up definitely boosted the psyche of the Defense.

Wagner's been a huge problem that I've never addressed because, like you, I have no frigging clue how that can be effectively fixed. I think PC's stuck for this season.

As I said before, I also hope Geno plays well. I just don't think he'll be able to not choke under the pressure of the next three games. I'm expecting too much of the deer-in-headlights Geno to surface.
My solace with Geno is the Rams game from 2021 where he immediately took over for a healthy-until-knocked-out Russell Wilson who had floundered all game and took the team down 98 yards in a Lock-esque drive. Geno seems to do oddly well when he comes in cold.

I still hate that Lockett fell down on that route at the end. I would pay real, real solid money to get a view of what would've happened had that pass been caught or simply incomplete to a still-upright Lockett.

If the moment's too big, I suppose that's how it crumbles. I won't be too upset. It's been a cool tenure and a cool redemption arc for him, and I... sure hope he's not retained at his salary regardless (unless something crazy happens and they go deep into the postseason).

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
I am not going to unignore my stalkers posts long enough to read if they are a response to me. Trolls are like lost dogs. If you feed them they keep coming back.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I am not going to unignore my stalkers posts long enough to read if they are a response to me. Trolls are like lost dogs. If you feed them they keep coming back.
You must be dogshit at ignoring posts, in that case, given this notification I got tonight.

Nice try, though. Glad you're still trying to play a victim.

renofox

Reaction score
My solace with Geno is the Rams game from 2021 where he immediately took over for a healthy-until-knocked-out Russell Wilson who had floundered all game and took the team down 98 yards in a Lock-esque drive. Geno seems to do oddly well when he comes in cold.

I still hate that Lockett fell down on that route at the end. I would pay real, real solid money to get a view of what would've happened had that pass been caught or simply incomplete to a still-upright Lockett.

If the moment's too big, I suppose that's how it crumbles. I won't be too upset. It's been a cool tenure and a cool redemption arc for him, and I... sure hope he's not retained at his salary regardless (unless something crazy happens and they go deep into the postseason).
I don't think this would be anywhere near then end for Geno if he was released. I sure hope not. He's better than quite a few current starters.

If he's not with the Seahawks I'm 99% sure he'll get a decent contract with a chance to compete for the starting job elsewhere. Really good chance he'd win the starting job if he went to the right team.

He may even have trade value with his current contract, but not enough to risk it since his money becomes guaranteed before the trade period.

I like Geno. I like his story. I think he's a good dude. I just don't want him as the Seahawks QB.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I don't think this would be anywhere near then end for Geno if he was released. I sure hope not. He's better than quite a few current starters.

If he's not with the Seahawks I'm 99% sure he'll get a decent contract with a chance to compete for the starting job elsewhere. Really good chance he'd win the starting job if he went to the right team.

He may even have trade value with his current contract, but not enough to risk it since his money becomes guaranteed before the trade period.

I like Geno. I like his story. I think he's a good dude. I just don't want him as the Seahawks QB.
I'd be interested in seeing him in Tampa Bay if Canales stays as OC or even gets the HC job when they can Bowles. That'd be a good matchup. I think he'd be doing even better than Baker has.

Damn... Canales. The one that got away. I guess it was fine to try to capture some of that Rams success, but boy, if I could do it all over again... baby come back, Dave. I always had a feeling about him. He was here from the beginning and was a young guy who had this aura about him. Felt like the secret protege being groomed. Said the quote below in early 2021. I've since come to appreciate Schottenheimer much, much more and think he's one of the best in the league. Ugh. Lost two very good coordinators to capture that McVay tree and it just hasn't worked.

I'd fire Schotty to promote Dave Canales, and let Canales bring in outside guys for pass/run game coordinator.

But yeah, this Geno arc was always self-limiting, simply due to his age and his inability to open a competitive rookie contract window. I'm a fan of his, but he never could've been the future unless he'd made himself an undeniable top 10 fixture.

12forlife

Reaction score
Well guess we don't need to worry about the playoffs. Any guess how may turnovers El Beano has? I'll say 2