Geno gets the nod for the upcoming Titans

Mistashoesta

Reaction score

toffee

Reaction score
We won on Monday night! IMHO, we won for four seasons:

1. Our defense played well, perhaps due to Eagles' offense problems, but we our defense played to win and those two INTs won the game
2. Our running game, K9 was the man. Our OL helped too.
3. Game planning around Lock, ie simplified plays so Lock didn't have to do too much.
4. Football god, Metcalf's thigh catch could easily be an INT, and, the ball was slightly overthrew on JSN's TD catch. An extra inch could be an incomplete. As is, JSN's stretched fingertips caught the end of that ball.

Lock didn't suck, but I don't think he played like an all pro or his passes were spot on. He did show poise in that last drive, and I like that.

Rosco

Reaction score
We won on Monday night! IMHO, we won for four seasons:

1. Our defense played well, perhaps due to Eagles' offense problems, but we our defense played to win and those two INTs won the game
2. Our running game, K9 was the man. Our OL helped too.
3. Game planning around Lock, ie simplified plays so Lock didn't have to do too much.
4. Football god, Metcalf's thigh catch could easily be an INT, and, the ball was slightly overthrew on JSN's TD catch. An extra inch could be an incomplete. As is, JSN's stretched fingertips caught the end of that ball.

Lock didn't suck, but I don't think he played like an all pro or his passes were spot on. He did show poise in that last drive, and I like that.
The same game plan for Geno.

toffee

Reaction score
The same game plan for Geno.
Remember first couple of games after Cross and Lucas were out, we simplified the game plan, quick 3 step passes, and our offense looked ok, even our OL with two replacement tackles looked ok.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
They need to remain balanced. Keep that run game pushing. Tennessee is heavily wounded and has no pass rush. Try to stay multi-dimensional and just let your horses win the race.

They can't get into that hole where they're just calling shot stuff instead of going to their more tightly designed concepts.

Geno is the right call. Drew is promising, but that wasn't anywhere close to what it'd need to be for Geno to lose his job off of a league-topping performance against Dallas despite being pressured at an absurd frequency.

rcaido

Reaction score
Best thing for Lock. If, Geno loses one game, there is a good chance Geno doesn't come back next season and Lock can get the start. If Geno wins out, there are people who will sign Lock for just that one performance as a starter.

All the pressure is on Geno. For some reason im worried about the Cardinals game.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
If Geno lays an egg in any of the last three games....

As much as I wouldn't mind seeing what Lock has it wouldnt change anything. Lock would most likely at least lay an egg one of those games anyway at least. And I doubt it would change fans opinions

Rosco

Reaction score
Best thing for Lock. If, Geno loses one game, there is a good chance Geno doesn't come back next season and Lock can get the start. If Geno wins out, there are people who will sign Lock for just that one performance as a starter.

All the pressure is on Geno. For some reason im worried about the Cardinals game.
That’s assuming Lock sticks around. Locks contract is a literal one year deal. Where as Geno is an expensive 1 year deal if they decide to cut him. Money will keep Geno on the team

GemCity

Reaction score
Regardless, I’m down with having two good QBs 😀

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
What success? Lock's only good drive came from picking on Philly's worst corner James Bradberry. He gave up all 5 completions and has a 90 passer rating against on the whole season.
Ironically I think the Eagles would have been better off with Spoon than Carter. That defensive backfield has been really bad all year.