What's going on with Russ' deep ball passes?

gowazzu02

Reaction score
There was a point earlier in the year that every time he loaded up and launched it deep I just assumed a completion was on its way - most of the time there was.

He didn't hit any yesterday. he wasn't in the same area code as the receivers on those throws actually.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Misreads between QB and receiver, and a couple throwaways.
4th quarter, when it mattered, he got the job done, AGAIN. Are people EVER going to trust this guy???

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Was a little off and there were some blatant defensive holding that wasn’t called.

John63

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1dfrevbp said:
4th quarter, when it mattered, he got the job done, AGAIN. Are people EVER going to trust this guy???

This and no they never will.

John63

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3rrswzmz said:
Was a little off and there were some blatant defensive holding that wasn’t called.

Yeah I remember one on Lockett I could not believe they did not call.

ivotuk

Reaction score
He's fat.

There is nothing wrong with Russell or the Offense.

Division games are almost ALWAYS hard fought. Even in the pathetic NFCE.

These teams know each other very well, and they change things up every week. The 49ers fought tooth and nail trying to make life hard on us.

AND, that was a BS call against LJ Collier for roughing the passer. 9er player fell on him from behind, and LJ put his feet and hands down to keep his weight off of the QB.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
In his press conference Wilson was asked this same question.

Wilson responded by basically saying they were throw aways, and he hasn't forgotten how to throw the deep ball, and he can do it very well.

He actually seemed a bit defensive in his answer which was out of character. And i liked it.

Hopefully he uses it for motivation or something

sutz

Reaction score
1. Teams are playing more 2-deep, which restricts the deep ball a bit.

2. We've been facing some pretty formidable D-lines that don't allow the time for those plays to develop right.

3. When you don't do it often enough (see #1 and #2 above) you lose your edge on it.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3i13prv5 said:
Not everyone is just blindly loyal no matter what. That mindset is also behind political division, nationalism, religion, and other very bad things.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":rrew2tcj said:
SoulfishHawk":rrew2tcj said:
Not everyone is just blindly loyal no matter what. That mindset is also behind political division, nationalism, religion, and other very bad things.

What are you talking about Gunslinger?

Sai Wilson has a track record of coming through in the clutch. There are moments where he goes todash and gets the W.

Do not forget the face of your father. In Russ we trust. Thankee-sai

LTH

Reaction score
sutz":10ih92wq said:
1. Teams are playing more 2-deep, which restricts the deep ball a bit.

2. We've been facing some pretty formidable D-lines that don't allow the time for those plays to develop right.

3. When you don't do it often enough (see #1 and #2 above) you lose your edge on it.

I don't understand why people don't understand your point...Nothing wrong with Russ...trying to throw deep with a 2 deep zone is like trying to pee in a can with the lid on it... LMAO!!!

LTH

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Dear God, what ARE you talking about?
I'll gladly bow out, this is just getting ridiculous. Russ sucks, he's average.
There, better?
Blindly loyal my ass, I have no problem pointing out when he needs to play better.
You Russ bashers are just plain never going to budge. That's fine.
Go Hawks

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Jerhawk":26ki4nqb said:
What are you talking about Gunslinger?

Sai Wilson has a track record of coming through in the clutch. There are moments where he goes todash and gets the W.

Do not forget the face of your father. In Russ we trust. Thankee-sai
He has had a strong record of that through his career. He has NOT had that for the second half of this season, and it's by far the longest stretch in his NFL career he's had where the Wilson "magic" has been missing/lacking.

I have not forgotten the face of my father. Don't make me send you back to Cort for more training. ;)

SoulfishHawk":26ki4nqb said:
Dear God, what ARE you talking about?
I'll gladly bow out, this is just getting ridiculous. Russ sucks, he's average.
There, better?
Blindly loyal my ass, I have no problem pointing out when he needs to play better.
You Russ bashers are just plain never going to budge. That's fine.
Go Hawks
See, here you go thinking I'm a "Russ basher". I'm not. I've never had a history of being one. Click my name and go read through my posts as far back as you want, you'll see the truth of my statement. It's people who can't acknowledge that Russell has been in a slump for a while now that I'm getting after, and I don't know how to make it any more clear than that.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
Nothing wrong guys. Dont over analyze. Russ has missed some throws. Cant name a qb with a 100 percent qb completion rate ever. Doesnt happen. Plus, I have seen some route running mistakes paired with an un eagerness to go get the ball like they usually do.
Metcalf for the most part needs to learn to adjust to the play behind the line of scrimmage. I mean he does occasionally, but sometimes he doesnt continuously look to get open like baldwin and lockett do. Example would be the throw to the sideline where he could have turned up field to continue the play, but the throw was used to meet the sideline... toe tap...because metcalf was bursting so hard toward the sideline. Then it was overthrown.

The over throw to lockett near the redzone...lockett adjusted back toward the ball, but didnt go and get with a concerned effort. Other plays he comes off the otherside of the field to catch one in the back of the endzone while closely covered.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Doesn't matter one bit. We are 9 years in and sitting here STILL arguing about how good Russ is?
With a huge playoff game on Saturday. Think about how ridiculous that is.

Just get that W on Saturday. Then we can come back next week and hear how crappy Russ played and/or how we're going to get smoked in the next playoff game. And downplay a huge win over the Rams. Again.

Rinse and repeat.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1t09lbu7 said:
Doesn't matter one bit. We are 9 years in and sitting here STILL arguing about how good Russ is?
With a huge playoff game on Saturday. Think about how ridiculous that is.

Just get that W on Saturday. Then we can come back next week and hear how crappy Russ played and/or how we're going to get smoked in the next playoff game. And downplay a huge win over the Rams. Again.

Rinse and repeat.

Dude I love your sarcasm. Me and you...definitely on the same page.

NY Hawk

Reaction score
I love my seahawks BUT I don't know about all this trust in RW. He's inconsistent. And I'm not just talking about this game either. In the beginning it was "Let Russ cook" and he started out doing just that. And then he just fell off. This is why he's not in the same league as Arron Rodgers or Patrick Mahhomes. It's the reason why he's never in the MVP talk until the start of this season. This is the same guy that threw a int at the goal line in the SB. Yes I blame him as well because he could have and should have changed the call. Just like he did yesterday at the end of the game for the WR just so he could get his bonus. That was a cool thing to do by the way. At this point I have more trust in the defense than RW. He seems to have problems with good defense's Don't me wrong, I think he's on of the best in the NFL. I just wish he was more consistent with his play. Division game or not the 49ers had nobody. And this team should have scrape them and had the second string in the game by 3rd Qtr