Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PFT: PC unsure whether Jamal Adams can go Saturday

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
  • Head coach Pete Carroll said after the contest early indications were that Adams would be able to play in the upcoming wild-card matchup with the Rams. But in a Monday radio interview on KIRO, Carroll didn’t seem very sure of that.

    “I haven’t seen him today,” Carroll said, via Brady Henderson of ESPN. “He’s real disappointed. He wants to play and he wants to get out there. He hasn’t been to the playoffs and he wants to be part of it and all that, so it kind of crushed him. He’s very emotional and all, and he’s going to deal with it. we’ll see what happens today and the next couple of days, see how he feels and all. But he got hurt, and he handled it, wanted to go back in. We had to take his helmet away and all that on the sidelines because he wanted to fight with his guys. So we’ll see what happens. I can’t tell you right now. I don’t know.”


    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... -saturday/
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8068
    Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:17 am


  • I really hope Adams can play this weekend. Not just because we're obviously better with him on the field, either.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *
     
    Posts: 32118
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 9:39 am
    Location: North Miami Beach, FL


  • SantaClaraHawk wrote:
    Head coach Pete Carroll said after the contest early indications were that Adams would be able to play in the upcoming wild-card matchup with the Rams. But in a Monday radio interview on KIRO, Carroll didn’t seem very sure of that.

    “I haven’t seen him today,” Carroll said, via Brady Henderson of ESPN. “He’s real disappointed. He wants to play and he wants to get out there. He hasn’t been to the playoffs and he wants to be part of it and all that, so it kind of crushed him. He’s very emotional and all, and he’s going to deal with it. we’ll see what happens today and the next couple of days, see how he feels and all. But he got hurt, and he handled it, wanted to go back in. We had to take his helmet away and all that on the sidelines because he wanted to fight with his guys. So we’ll see what happens. I can’t tell you right now. I don’t know.”


    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... -saturday/



    I got money says he plays
    John63
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4035
    Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:56 pm


  • We had to take his helmet away and all that on the sidelines because he wanted to fight with his guys. So we’ll see what happens.

    That so odd considering there is video footage of him being back in. Or did he go in when he wasn't supposed to and then they took his helmet away?
    HawkRiderFan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1159
    Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:10 pm


  • I'm sure part of this is intended to throw a wrench in what McVey and Staley are putting together for their offensive gameplan.

    I hope, anyway.
    LoneHawkFan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 542
    Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:34 am


  • HawkRiderFan wrote:We had to take his helmet away and all that on the sidelines because he wanted to fight with his guys. So we’ll see what happens.

    That so odd considering there is video footage of him being back in. Or did he go in when he wasn't supposed to and then they took his helmet away?


    Ya I was wondering the same...
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8068
    Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:17 am


  • I am going to be livid if we stupidly injured one of our most important players in a game that did not matter, at a time where the outcome would not have changed the playoff picture.

    No reason he needed to be in that game after the half.

    Hoping against hope he recovers in time, but man I will be pissed if we lose a key player before a playoff game for essentially 'vanity points'.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4807
    Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:48 pm


  • And let me guess, it will somehow be Pete's fault.
    I mean, everything else is. God forbid a coach tries to win :?
    He should clearly not play players because they might get injured. In a football game that mattered plenty to those players and coaches.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 17142
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • TwistedHusky wrote:I am going to be livid if we stupidly injured one of our most important players in a game that did not matter, at a time where the outcome would not have changed the playoff picture.

    No reason he needed to be in that game after the half.

    Hoping against hope he recovers in time, but man I will be pissed if we lose a key player before a playoff game for essentially 'vanity points'.


    And yet Chicago was still playing Green Bay pretty close until the 4th quarter (though I do agree the NO game was pretty much a sure win for NO by mid-3rd quarter).
    Nunya
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 212
    Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:20 am


  • The NO was over by 3rd qtr in our game (at least in terms of score).

    It was stupid. Risky. Pointless.

    And there is no way Pete should have allowed it.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4807
    Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:48 pm


  • TwistedHusky wrote:The NO was over by 3rd qtr in our game (at least in terms of score).

    It was stupid. Risky. Pointless.

    And there is no way Pete should have allowed it.




    The two seed wasn't worth fighting for?

    Or did we not have the tiebreaker with GB.....
    Hawkpower
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2824
    Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:53 am
    Location: Phoenix az


  • TwistedHusky wrote:The NO was over by 3rd qtr in our game (at least in terms of score).

    It was stupid. Risky. Pointless.

    And there is no way Pete should have allowed it.


    I disagree on so many levels. The #2 seed was certainly worth playing for and it was still a possibility when Adams got hurt. You also have the moral issue with asking the team to take a fall while playing the 49ers. Then there is also what use to be the reason why teams seldom ever sat down until the last couple of decades.....the team owes it to the fans to at least attempt to win.
    Nunya
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 212
    Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:20 am


  • TwistedHusky wrote:The NO was over by 3rd qtr in our game (at least in terms of score).

    It was stupid. Risky. Pointless.

    And there is no way Pete should have allowed it.

    The Bears game wasn't decided till late in fourth ..
    It's not hard to see why they kept playing starters.
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5934
    Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:42 pm


  • So now Pete is an idiot for trying to WIN? While the Bears were clearly IN that game mid to late 4th quarter?
    That just sounds really strange to me.

    Let's ask Philly fans how they feel about their team basically folding tent instead of trying to win the game. Screw that, loser mentality.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 17142
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • It won't matter if they beat the Rams without Adams.

    But if we lose against the Rams, I better not hear that Adams getting hurt was an issue.

    Because we made a conscious choice to put our key players in jeopardy (and then not only risking injury, but incurring it) when there was little chance for a #1 seed (given the Saints had that game out of hand by our halftime and BOTH the Packers and Saints needed to lose for the #1).

    The #2 seed would have been great but not worth the risk. A risk that ended up turning into a cost.

    There is no defending this decision. We might have lost a key player because we were dumb. Now we likely have to win without him. That is on Pete. There is no spinning otherwise. He needs to own this, beat the Rams, and then learn from this.



    Taking risks is fine if there is upside. The upside was NOT worth the risk. It was just vanity.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4807
    Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:48 pm


  • The #2 seed gives you 2 home games (if you win the 1st of course)
    Yes, it is worth the "risk"
    This is football. Resting guys when you have a chance to move up is the only smart option. Losing on purpose goes against everything winning football is about.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 17142
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • TwistedHusky wrote:It won't matter if they beat the Rams without Adams.

    But if we lose against the Rams, I better not hear that Adams getting hurt was an issue.

    Because we made a conscious choice to put our key players in jeopardy (and then not only risking injury, but incurring it) when there was little chance for a #1 seed (given the Saints had that game out of hand by our halftime and BOTH the Packers and Saints needed to lose for the #1).

    The #2 seed would have been great but not worth the risk. A risk that ended up turning into a cost.

    There is no defending this decision. We might have lost a key player because we were dumb. Now we likely have to win without him. That is on Pete. There is no spinning otherwise. He needs to own this, beat the Rams, and then learn from this.

    Taking risks is fine if there is upside. The upside was NOT worth the risk. It was just vanity.


    If we lose against the Rams, it will be a team effort.....and you will hear every and any excuse (and blame) this forum has to offer. We really do not care what you like to hear or not.

    The #2 seed was very important and certainly worth the risk. It provides home field advantage (no travel is big...even in COVID times). It would also mean we would have played the #6 seed (WFT), which is a much weaker team than LA.

    If have not seen PC not own up to his decisions. It is funny that you think that PC has something to learn about football. I suppose you are the perfect person to teach him, yes?
    Nunya
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 212
    Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:20 am


  • Wut?

    The sixth seed is the LA Rams. The fourth seed is WFT.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8068
    Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:17 am


  • SantaClaraHawk wrote:Wut?

    The sixth seed is the LA Rams. The fourth seed is WFT.


    My bad. The #2 seed plays Chicago at the #7 seed. Still a better option (imo) than the Rams.
    Nunya
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 212
    Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:20 am


  • 2 seed with fans would have arguably been worth it. Without fans and HFA, not even close, and certainly not past the third quarter.

    You can’t rest 53 but you can rest the key 5-10.

    And of course Pete would be blamed for this decision. It’s his to make. He gets credit and blame for personnel decisions.

    Lol at those pretending it’s a slam dunk decision on favor of not resting. It’s a cost/benefit if Adams being dinged up weighs heavily in a rams loss that decision cost us the season
    hawk45
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 9837
    Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:08 pm


  • Pete’s playing smoke and mirrors..

    No different than McVay is with the QB Situation.
    JPatera76
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1444
    Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:32 am




It is currently Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:35 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]




Information
  • Who is online