[tweet]https://twitter.com/Joe_Fann/status/1348695665828716545[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Joe_Fann/status/1348693702907084802[/tweet]

From Gregg Bell:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/1348697247253319682[/tweet]

From Bob Condotta:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1348689325383315457[/tweet]

ducks41468

Reaction score
We hear this literally every week, and then nothing ever changes. I'm convinced he does this just to insult fans' intelligence, like a more childish and annoying version of Belichick

John63

Reaction score
well we now know who is responsible for the decline in offense. And we also know it ain't going to change.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
No accountability ever. Just keep doing the same thing over and over again and expect different results.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
LMAO
He can't help himself. Further proof that the coordinators have zero power.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
While I get what Pete's saying about running the ball, IMO what I think he's trying to say is the offense didn't have an identity this year, and he wants that identity to be a pounding nasty run game, etc.

So he's right on that front, the offense really didn't have an identity this year, just kinda existed in this purgatory world of letting Russ cook to sorta trying to run the ball again, to ending up being neither.

On the other hand, he said last week he actually liked the way the offense looked against SF, and that he was perfectly fine with "playing this style of football."

That's what scares me the most with Pete if he truly believes his own words. Being OK with your offense sucking for entire first halves and not doing a damn thing until the 3rd or 4th quarter game in and game out, season in and season out is about the most frustrating thing he could have told me today.

Because that's no recipe to win in today's NFL.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Yeah I was reluctant to believe it, but am now convinced that his ego is hurting the team on game days.

Aw Mang

Reaction score
It’s ok. Some people here love a winning record and one and out in the playoffs. Expect the same thing the next 5 yrs I guess.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Show me ONE PERSON on here who is happy with one and done. NOBODY is happy with one and done. Not one person.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Oh man. C'mon Pete.

It's time to step down, relinquish some control, or retire. This just grinds my gears man

John63

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2qsxmqr8 said:
While I get what Pete's saying about running the ball, IMO what I think he's trying to say is the offense didn't have an identity this year, and he wants that identity to be a pounding nasty run game, etc.

So he's right on that front, the offense really didn't have an identity this year, just kinda existed in this purgatory world of letting Russ cook to sorta trying to run the ball again, to ending up being neither.

On the other hand, he said last week he actually liked the way the offense looked against SF, and that he was perfectly fine with "playing this style of football."

That's what scares me the most with Pete if he truly believes his own words. Being OK with your offense sucking for entire first halves and not doing a damn thing until the 3rd or 4th quarter game in and game out, season in and season out is about the most frustrating thing he could have told me today.

The problem is what it really means is 3 qtrs of trying to run at all, cost snapping with under 5 and lots of 3 and outs. And then in the 4th try basically saying Wilson save me. That is not an offense.

LTH

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":7t3ioyzm said:

I think what is happening is that Carroll is protecting Schotty as there are some adjustments that need to be made between schotty and Carroll and probably Russ too... I think he has given Schotty some latitude calling plays after telling him what he wants and Schotty is not calling the game the way Pete wants him to... Pete wants him to run the ball more and Pete even said in this last PC that he felt the passing game needed to be mixed up exactly what you said earlier in the season (Sgt Largent)...

but the reason they lost that game was because they couldn't block the rams D line even when AD was out... Which was why I thought they should have gone back to the run game and pounded that D line but then Donald went out of the game and they thought they had an opportunity...then the fumble on ST and the penalties kept them from gaining any momentum and you can't win against that Ram D when your facest with 3-25 3rd and 15 especially when you can't block the D line.. and that's just the truth...the Rams just ate them up...They should have done what the giants did to us in the third quarter and just run the ball down their throat or where ever the hawks thought they could run the ball... and take control of the game...

just my take...

LTH

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
LTH":3nue611j said:
Sgt. Largent":3nue611j said:

I think what is happening is that Carroll is protecting Schotty as there are some adjustments that need to be made between schotty and Carroll and probably Russ too... I think he has given Schotty some latitude calling plays after telling him what he wants and Schotty is not calling the game the way Pete wants him to... Pete wants him to run the ball more and Pete even said in this last PC that he felt the passing game needed to be mixed up exactly what you said earlier in the season (Sgt Largent)...

but the reason they lost that game was because they couldn't block the rams D line even when AD was out... Which was why I thought they should have gone back to the run game and pounded that D line but then Donald went out of the game and they thought they had an opportunity...then the fumble on ST and the penalties kept them from gaining any momentum and you can't win against that Ram D when your facest with 3-25 3rd and 15 especially when you can't block the D line.. and that's just the truth...the Rams just ate them up...They should have done what the giants did to us in the third quarter and just run the ball down their throat or where ever the hawks thought they could run the ball... and take control of the game...

just my take...

LTH
Running the ball “more” isn’t necessarily “better” if your offensive line isn’t capable of opening holes.

It shouldn’t be “more” it should be running efficiently.

But with Carroll’s approach, it requires a damn near elite offensive line in which Carroll is incapable of building.

It’s pretty much futile and contradicts how he wants to “play.”

Which has been proven for seasons now, that it just does not work and is not sustainable with Seattle.

It’s time for a change.

Carroll needs to be relieved of HC.

Please help us, Jody Allen!

nwHawk

Reaction score
LTH":3eqdkwys said:

but the reason they lost that game was because they couldn't block the rams D line even when AD was out... Which was why I thought they should have gone back to the run game and pounded that D line but then Donald went out of the game

Yup, because Pete will always "fall on the sword" to protect the team. Some fans don't want to believe it. Rule #1 - Protect the Team.

LTH

Reaction score
nwHawk":1q2ylsqc said:
LTH":1q2ylsqc said:

but the reason they lost that game was because they couldn't block the rams D line even when AD was out... Which was why I thought they should have gone back to the run game and pounded that D line but then Donald went out of the game

Yup, because Pete will always "fall on the sword" to protect the team. Some fans don't want to believe it. Rule #1 - Protect the Team.

Yep... Schotty does the same for Russ and everybody else...

LTH

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
LTH":2nvvu6vz said:
Sgt. Largent":2nvvu6vz said:

just my take...

LTH
Running the ball “more” isn’t necessarily “better” if your offensive line isn’t capable of opening holes.

It shouldn’t be “more” it should be running efficiently.

But with Carroll’s approach, it requires a damn near elite offensive line in which Carroll is incapable of building.

It’s pretty much futile and contradicts how he wants to “play.”

Which has been proven for seasons now, that it just does not work and is not sustainable with Seattle.

It’s time for a change.

Carroll needs to be relieved of HC.

Please help us, Jody Allen!

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
The NFL is quickly passing by PC

He’s driving a vintage car and most of the league is passing him in their new cars.

OP
OP
Scorpion05

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":29ronb9z said:

I get what he's saying too, but here's the problem with that. The passing game will always be tempting when you have DK Metcalf, and a QB that has shown (for most of his career at least) that he can throw it deep.

Defenses would absolutely be willing to take their chances in the trenches, and give up a 5 yard run. As opposed to a 30-50 yard bomb. And that's my problem. The team DID have an identity. It was high flying, spread it out, pass first.

Sure, we stumbled a bit, but Pete overreacted. It's as if he was looking for an excuse to go back to his old style. I've seen Brees have 4 interception games. That didn't stop Payton from calling aggressive passing plays. I've seen Mahomes turn over the ball multiple times in a game (against the Rams, 2018). No amount of turnovers would cause Reid to take the ball out of Mahomes hands. Same with Peyton Manning, Josh Allen, or even Watson. The season should have lived, and died with Russ "cooking." Because you can't just switch your offensive identity like that mid-season.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
The other issue is why pay 25-30 million a year for a QB when you want to run the ball more?

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
LTH":3iqkh5rd said:
Sgt. Largent":3iqkh5rd said:

just my take...

LTH
The offense has been the same under three coordinators, do you know what the one common denominator is? Pete Carroll. Do you know why we couldn't block the Rams D-Line? We kept running long developing routes that require 5-7 step drops. Do you know what most people do in those situations? Counters, screens, uptempo passing, short passes. Do you know what we were doing at the beginning of the year? Exactly that. Carroll directly said he meddled at some point this year, and he has repeatedly said that he isn't a fan of the short passing game. He has said on numerous occasions when he hired Schotty that this was going to be his offense.

Carroll is the problem, Schottenheimer is just a marionette doll. If Schottenheimer was fired we'd just get another marionette doll and the result would be the same. The offense has been the same for years now.

Latest posts