Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Report: Seahawks management not happy with Wilson

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
  • DomeHawk wrote:
    TraderGary wrote:I don't think this is just about the OL. I think it's about the direction of the offense in general, and I think Pete is doing his typical micromanaging when it comes to controlling what the offense can and cannot run in Waldron's offensive scheme.

Is that it? Nothing it what Russ has said indicates that but his reference to getting sacked is pretty obvious. Other than just pure speculation on your part what evidence do you have to suggest that?

No evidence whatsover, as you said, just pure speculation on my part. But I find the timing of all this to be rather "curious".

By all indications, Russ got exactly who he wanted as the new OC. After the announcement was made, every quote I read that was associated with Russ was positive. Now all of a sudden we're hearing a completely different tone. So what changed in the span of about 2 weeks?

It just feels to me like something recent triggered this new outspoken Russ. (Which I support by the way). Timing wise, with the hire of the new OC, and knowing Pete's history of micromanaging and putting his stamp on the offense, and knowing Pete and Russ have completely different offensive philosophies, this theory makes complete sense to me.

I could very well be completely off base on this theory, and for all our sakes, I really hope I am. But I think it's a real possibility this is playing into Wilson being unhappy with the way things are currently being run.

Again, this is just conjecture on my part, and I have nothing to back it up with other than the timing factor. Just my 2 cents.
    TraderGary
    NET Rookie

• I used to like RW. Now it’s nah.

Be more fun to see someone else at this point.
    Sealake80
    NET Veteran

• TG,

What changed was that Wilson realized he wasn't stuck here because of that contract.

It is actually Watson that forged things, Tom was near a FA. Watson showed that a QB WITH a guaranteed big money contract and plenty of years left on the deal, can force a trade nonetheless by driving public pressure on the org.

It might not work for Watson after all because the Texans but it might work here.

That was the moment Wilson realized he could keep the contract and still not have to put up with the awful gameplans from Carroll.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

• TwistedHusky wrote:TG,

What changed was that Wilson realized he wasn't stuck here because of that contract.

It is actually Watson that forged things, Tom was near a FA. Watson showed that a QB WITH a guaranteed big money contract and plenty of years left on the deal, can force a trade nonetheless by driving public pressure on the org.

It might not work for Watson after all because the Texans but it might work here.

That was the moment Wilson realized he could keep the contract and still not have to put up with the awful gameplans from Carroll.

Compairing Watson's situation to Wilson's is laughable. Watson showed you can try to force a deal but he hasn't actaully been dealt.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

• TwistedHusky wrote:TG,

Players are taking note of what's happening in the NBA and realizing that they too can improve their leverage (and NBA stars will outright hold their teams hostage, like Harden).
    ducks41468
    NET Veteran

• Sealake80 wrote:I used to like RW. Now it’s nah.

Be more fun to see someone else at this point.

Peteball with no Wilson to pull rabbits out of the hat in the 4th quarter, would be so fun. :shock: :shock:
    Fade
    NET Veteran

• Its a nothing burger. No QB likes getting hit and they all want better Olines. The guys in the trenches win games they always have and always will. I do wish he would be more accountable though. He mentions Brady and Labron using their clout but he isnt on that level. He is great but not in the GOAT conversation at all.

I think he is just making the media rounds for the perfume business.
    justafan
    NET Veteran

• I think it’s warranted for him to speak out. Don’t get me wrong, he’s gotta get the ball out and that’s on him, but he’s clearly seeing phantom pressure most plays. He doesn’t trust his line enough to step up in the pocket instead of bailing. Hopefully a new offensive scheme will allow for more quick throws instead of longer developing plays. A lot of people like to say Carroll’s a players coach, that he doesn’t call out his guys, but I’ve noticed in at least this last season that he’s clearly blaming the players. He’s said as much many times. He flat out said it in a press conference this year. He blamed the players and said the struggles weren’t on the coaching staff. Carroll needs to see that the coaching is an issue.
    rsRyno
    NET Practice Squad

Previous

It is currently Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:06 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information