Russell's Silence is Deafening: He Wants Out

W

Welshers

Where there's smoke, there's fire, folks. I love Russell Wilson. He is one of my all time favorite players to ever play in this league. But the truth is he doesn't want to play for this team anymore. In this world of social media all it would take is ONE comment for Russell to end all these rumors. I mean the rumor mill is completely overtaking the team, he is being talked about on every sports show. A single tweeter message or instagram or facebook or statement to the media like "I want to be here" is all he needs to say. Instead, he's not saying anything. He's fanning the fire.

The guy is done here. He wants to be gone. He keeps releasing things to the media like teams he wants to go to, having Marshall tell people he wants out for him, and criticizing the O line. If it was just ONE thing I could say "ok this is overblown". I kinda' thought that about the o-line comment. But the truth is it's one thing after another. As said so many times, where there's smoke, there's fire. But the bottom line is this fire would be INCREDIBLY easy to put out. 10 seconds on twitter is all it would take. Russ ain't putting it out and that means he wants out.

Maybe we should just eat the dead money and trade him this year. Get Mack and Foles and some picks out of the deal or something. The guy doesn't want to play for this team anymore. That's OK. I will wish him well wherever he goes, but first and foremost I will always be a Seattle Seahawks fan. If it is in our best interest for one of my favorite players ever to move on, then that's the way it is. We need to be realistic here.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
What Wilson wants is a chance to do what he believes he can do.

Look at all 4 teams he approved. As FG points out, all are offensive-minded HCs with experience in the playoffs.

What he wants is to do better in the playoffs by being able to use the offensive resources he has at his disposal while working with a coach that put him in a position to succeed...not throw him out to win the game himself in the 4th quarter when down multiple TDs at the half.

Wilson wants a better playoff record and his coach is screwing that up. If you were a QB, wouldn't you want a better playoff record? Especially if you were a HOF QB and your coach treated you like they had Winston at QB for the first half?

Can you really blame him for wanting to do better and knowing it cannot really be here?

He probably doesn't want to leave. Leaving means uprooting yourself for the year and losing a ton of relationships you have forged. But if the cost of success is losing those, he might have to.

Is that really surprising? Wouldn't you do the same in his shoes?

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Do season ticket holder letters usually talk about him? The letter doesn't mention a lot of other players, too. Are they gone, too?

Jerhawk

Reaction score
fenderbender123":oj0jx1o2 said:
Do season ticket holder letters usually talk about him? The letter doesn't mention a lot of other players, too. Are they gone, too?

It mentions a lot of other players on the team but not the franchise QB. I find that very odd.
It talks about Lockett, Metcalf, Adams, but not the supposed face of the franchise? The quarterback? Very strange.

Hey, if the Bears media is reading that much into it, and like Welsher is saying where Wilson has gone dark, then something is up

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Thank God for yet another Russell Wilson rumor thread!!

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Aros":22sbjijb said:

I gave everyone a chance with the "which 2nd year player will be most impactful" poll thread, and everyone tossed it aside like Aaron Donald going against Pocic

OP
OP
W

Welshers

Aros":21r2x2w9 said:
I understand they got old but the fact is this is one of the most important Seahawk subjects well, ever...

TraderGary

Reaction score
Jerhawk":1uuam3k3 said:
fenderbender123":1uuam3k3 said:

It mentions a lot of other players on the team but not the franchise QB. I find that very odd.
It talks about Lockett, Metcalf, Adams, but not the supposed face of the franchise? The quarterback? Very strange.

Hey, if the Bears media is reading that much into it, and like Welsher is saying where Wilson has gone dark, then something is up
Wow, I agree. Not mentioning the face of the franchise, and arguably the most popular player on the team I think is very telling.

When all this controversy with Wilson first starting hitting the press, I didn't think too much of it. And I put the odds of Russ being traded this year at about 1%. Now I'd say it's closer to 50/50 if not greater, and gaining momentum. And even if he does stay this year, I think he's almost certainly gone next year.

It's interesting because if you look at various opinion polls or message boards asking if you would rather keep Carroll or Russ, it seems to be about 90% in favor of RW. But it sure appears it's going to be the other way around.

HOLLYWOOD

Reaction score
If not for the dead cap hit, he'd be gone by now.

I'd move on and cash in as much as possible. Damn dead cap hit...

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
Dak Prescott made $50 million from endorsement deals! RW’s is signed with CAA! If Russ goes to the Bears, Raiders, or Chicago he will blow Dak’s 50 million away! Ciara will cash in too!

RW is afraid Ciara will cheat on him, RW will go where the men are ugly!

zchurch74

Reaction score
I’m not worried about Russ leaving. I’m more worried we get totally ripped off in the trade. Yeah we will save money but no way we get the value back. It will be something like one first, a second this year and a second next year. That’s it.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Remember when he wished to remain silent about things between his ex-wife and Golden Tate. He could have ended all those rumors with a simple statement. Silence is truly deafening.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
zchurch74":1p58ceib said:
I’m not worried about Russ leaving. I’m more worried we get totally ripped off in the trade. Yeah we will save money but no way we get the value back. It will be something like one first, a second this year and a second next year. That’s it.

3 round 1’s to start the negotiations! Bears have already crossed the Ribicon! If the Bears fail at acquiring RW the coach & GM will be fired as soon as the season goes south!

Raiders are smart! Don’t let the media or fans know you’re pursuing RW! If both Bears & Raiders are competing for RW we are guaranteed 4.5 round 1 draft value in compensation combining players & picks. Raiders are sitting on 2 round 1 picks for Carr & a high 3rd for Mariota, that they could trade to another team like Detriot or send to Seattle. So the Raiders have the most assets. Bears could scrounge up that much too with Mack, Smith, and Whitehair (All Pro LG that moved to center costing him ALL Pro)

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Jerhawk":3jrmxg5i said:
fenderbender123":3jrmxg5i said:

It mentions four players. Four.

toffee

Reaction score
As far as Ms Jody Allen is concern, one Russell Wilson is already yesterday's news. She will let Pete handle a year or two post Wilson. I expect a new HC in couple of years.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

John63

Reaction score
Seanhawk":rq7j4yaj said:
Jerhawk":rq7j4yaj said:
fenderbender123":rq7j4yaj said:

It mentions four players. Four.

I guess the other players are all being traded too. I mean if you not mentioned in the letter you must be being traded

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
It couldn’t be as simple as mediots wanting to get clicks and the fans obliging by buying into this crap, hook line and sinker?!
I blame the pandemic. I have never seen so much drama surrounding this team as I have in the last 6 months. Ugh! Eyeroll! Virtual scream!!

seabowl

Reaction score
zchurch74":2aacp0ye said:

Sorry but you are crazy to think that. He will command a huge # of picks/players.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Yep, RW has clammed up. The sky must be falling!

Geez Louise! The nonsense here goes on and on and on.