Tale of the West so far

chris98251

Reaction score
Cards - Definitely stronger on defense so far, their offense is where they are weak, will have to see if they shore up some deviancies there In the same boat as the Seahawks with questionable O line that was taken advantage of at the end of the season.

Rams - have lost some pieces on defense and Cap issues handcuffing signing some of their own back, a step back maybe along with losing coaching staff.

49ers - Getting stronger and healthy, my clear favorite right now, big question is QB.

Seahawks - Losing guys that were contributors last season, lots of F.A.s to re sign also. If I was looking at things as of the date of this post I would say we are bringing up the rear as of today. This can change in a day with signings, but as of day 2 how I read it.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Cards signed Watt for a TON of money, let's hope the 8 games he plays this year aren't the two we play them.

Rams significantly upgraded the qb position, lots every coach not named McVay

Niners still have Jimmy G at QB.

Us - basically an episode of the Young and the Restless or General Hospital.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
This season is going to be entertaining. Watching this thing implode will at least mark the days until Pete and John are history . The only problem is Wilson will likely be gone before they are. I think were going to see a slow motion train wreck leading to the inevitable break up of the power structure in Seattle followed by a rebuild. Sorry i can't be more optimistic but this thing is not going to end well guys.

xray

Reaction score
49ers
Rams
Hawks
AZ

AZ is the one team that is really hard to figure out and the Hawks might have an unrecognizable roster from last year . Too early for predictions but nothing else to talk about .

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":3qpkn48n said:
This season is going to be entertaining. Watching this thing implode will at least mark the days until Pete and John are history . The only problem is Wilson will likely be gone before they are. I think were going to see a slow motion train wreck leading to the inevitable break up of the power structure in Seattle followed by a rebuild. Sorry i can't be more optimistic but this thing is not going to end well guys.

Nothing about this off season has been slow motion.

Also interesting you want to see Pete and John go, I mean I guess we had so much success prior to them being here, might as well go try to recreate that.........

John63

Reaction score
gowazzu02":2xwh8hb1 said:
Northwest Seahawk":2xwh8hb1 said:

Also interesting you want to see Pete and John go, I mean I guess we had so much success prior to them being here, might as well go try to recreate that.........

We had success with holmgren and then moved on and then eventually came PC who had loosing seasons till Wilson. So again what did PC and JS do without Wilson? The year before they had a top ranked defense and run game and a losing record. we are stuck in a cycle good enough to get in but not good enough to win. So either we stay were we are and never get any further, or we move on and try to actually oh get better.

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
John63":1f3e3odm said:
gowazzu02":1f3e3odm said:
Northwest Seahawk":1f3e3odm said:

We had success with holmgren and then moved on and then eventually came PC who had loosing seasons till Wilson. So again what did PC and JS do without Wilson? The year before they had a top ranked defense and run game and a losing record. we are stuck in a cycle good enough to get in but not good enough to win. So either we stay were we are and never get any further, or we move on and try to actually oh get better.

This is talking about the division, not your hard on for Wilson, not your defense of Wilson, take that shit somewhere else and quit hijacking threads with this bullshit.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
gowazzu02":2zwikora said:
Cards signed Watt for a TON of money, let's hope the 8 games he plays this year aren't the two we play them.

Rams significantly upgraded the qb position, lots every coach not named McVay

Niners still have Jimmy G at QB.

Us - basically an episode of the Young and the Restless or General Hospital.

49ers also signed Trent Williams, who would have been a huge get for us. Must be nice to have lots of $$$$ to spend.

Own The West

Reaction score
I haven't checked today, but the Cards only have Budda Baker returning in their secondary. Also Reddick, Sweezy, Beachum, and Fitz are FA. That's a lot to lose vs JJ Watt.

The Rams are basically intact except for their coaching staff. Stafford may or may not be an improvement over Goff. He's had double digit picks season he's been healthy. Couple that with a coaching staff that has to learn each other and train everyone in everything. The team is still solid, but I don't see them playing decent football until week 12.

San Fran is in kind of the same boat as the Rams. They may still get a QB from somewhere, but that just swaps one problem for another. (Note: We couldn't have used Trent Williams, since we have Brown.) Their new DC is was the old LB coach, so it could be a Kris Richard-like transition or Ken Norton...

And then there is us. We have a hole at DE (unless Dunlap returns) and LG (P.Haynes was Plan A last year, so he may be again). We have Flowers and Reed at CB. Three 1k yard running backs. So depth is probably our biggest concern even if we don't land a marquee FA.

For the division, I think we're in good position to repeat as champs. We'll have to see how the quickly the Rams gel and if Stafford is the real deal. Prediction:
1. Seahawks 11-5
2. Rams 10-6
3. 49ers 9-7
4. Cardinals 7-9

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Less than 5% chance we repeat as champs in the NFC West unless a face a string of backup QBs and other NFC West teams get devastated by injuries again. Unlikely. Possible but unlikely.

Rams now have a QB, we struggle to beat them without one.
Even a weaker Rams team will give us problems.

And the 49ers are better than us at full strength. Do you want to think of what happens if they get Watson?
(The 49ers have gone to the SB recently, so have the Rams. They are both closer to the top than we are.)

The Rams might lose some people because of the cap issues. They also have a better gameday coach and we have troubles beating them regardless.

Not sure how us having a weaker team with a less motivated Wilson will help things change for the better.

But hope springs eternal.

We face a real possibility of being swept by the Rams and 49ers while splitting with the Cards. Likely both do not sweep us, but one of those 2 likely will. Winning the NFC West would be crazy considering we stand a very likely chance of missing the playoffs completely. Just making a wildcard would be a win for us.

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
Brockers goes to Lions, well that makes Wilson happy and takes a bit more away from that really good D line.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":18esfayz said:
Brockers goes to Lions, well that makes Wilson happy and takes a bit more away from that really good D line.

That trade was a pleasant surprise.

Lions and Rams got some sort of a pipeline going on with their trades.

And the Seahawks never make a splash in free agency since PC/JS so this isn't a surprise

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
Hudson to Cards as well, that improves interior right away.

Seahawks have signed................. wait for it

And still waiting for it.......

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
Feels like the West smells blood in the water and we are the one's bleeding.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Our star power in this division is down a lot:

1. Wilson
2. Wagner
3. DK
4. Jamal

I’ll conclude we only have 4 real stars.

You need star players and a good amount of them to win.

This upcoming season gonna get bad for Seattle....

Cyrus12

Reaction score
chris98251":l6jo62mz said:
Hudson to Cards as well, that improves interior right away.

Seahawks have signed................. wait for it

And still waiting for it.......
Great addition for the Cardinals who are loading up.