Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Seahawks sign TE Gerald Everett from Rams

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13

• He always looked pretty good against us. Nice signing.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

• Another try at a FA TE for 6/1. Not cheap for a second string TE for a team with little cap space.
    Thepeelsessions
    NET Veteran

• Ok, not bad! And is not 30+. I’ll take it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by James in PA on Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    James in PA
    NET Veteran

• Rat wrote:He always looked pretty good against us. Nice signing.

I thought it was Higbee who always gave the Hawks fits?
    Thepeelsessions
    NET Veteran

• Thepeelsessions wrote:
    Rat wrote:He always looked pretty good against us. Nice signing.

Him also. I thought I remembered Everett going off for like 140 on us once.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

• .................. the new offensive coaches got their man.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Rat wrote:
    Thepeelsessions wrote:
    Rat wrote:He always looked pretty good against us. Nice signing.

Him also. I thought I remembered Everett going off for like 140 on us once.

Screw it, they both gave this team fits, like most of the opposing TEs throughout the league have for what seems like an eternity.
    Thepeelsessions
    NET Veteran

• Terrible signing. Cant block. Supposedly we have little cap room and use it on another TE who we dont use(maybe it changes). Still no oline or dline signings. Barely less than the olsen signing, will we ever learn.
    misfit
    NET Veteran

• misfit wrote:will we ever learn.

No. Zach Miller was the best TE this regime has ever invested in, and they used him to block 90% of the time. Crazy that he was one of the very first PC/JS signings.
    Thepeelsessions
    NET Veteran

• Everett comes from the Los Angeles Rams, where he played under new Seahawks offensive coordinator Shane Waldron, who was previously LA’s passing game coordinator and was Rams tight ends coach during Everett’s rookie season.
    Waldron is expected to bring a lot of concepts from the Rams to his offense with Seattle, and tight ends have played a big role in the Los Angeles offense that Waldron helped run under head coach Sean McVay.

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/1337191/seahawks-signing-te-gerald-everett/
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Not the move I would have made, especially at that price. Hope he makes a fool out of me.
    Helps to have an in with a newly hired coordinator.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.

• Well Waldon should know how to use him. Now, can Russ find him? :twisted:
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• Good signing IF we actually use him though I’m not sure how, if at all, this appeases RW.

Lots of needs. Not lots of cap space but maybe we just are not as creative in that area as other teams?
    JayhawkMike
    NET Veteran

• I have to admit, I was hoping we'd sign him to a short term deal. Seems like a fit and offers something that Disley and Parkinson don't. Not the same player, but at times he reminds me of a poor man's Anquan Boldin.
    nwHawk
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

• YEAR / GAMES / REC / YDS / TD
    2020 / 16 / 41 / 417 / 1
    2019 / 13 / 37 / 408 / 2
    2018 / 16 / 33 / 320 / 3
    2017 / 16 / 16 / 244 / 2

Seriously? This is a $6M tight end? GREAT SIGNING!

Even if he was productive, Seahawks do not know how to use TEs.

Glad they spent $6M for $1.1M of value. At least they didn't waste money on a decent DE or RB. They should be able to fill those positions for $1-2M no problem. LOL at this sorry excuse for a front office.
    renofox
    NET Veteran

• Would rather see that go to an oline or de..guess Dissly and Parkinson are just guys...swing and a miss picks
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• An anticipated move. System fit TE for the Seahawks at the right price. He's a $5M player with $10M potential. He's a poor blocker who doesn't show any willingness to become better at that part of the game. He's not good on timing routes and his hands are inconsistent. He's a play-breaks-down receiver who needs an ad-lib QB. He's a medium, (and deeper), receiving threat with enough speed and physicality to create chunk plays. He's been a tease for 4 years in a system that didn't fit him. I'd liken him to a smaller and less explosive Jared Cook.
    flv
    NET Rookie

• I seriously don't understand the negative posts. 1 year $6 mil. Russell is better than Goff. Maybe he'll shine in our system.
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

• On a side note ....................

I'm curious about tight end Tyler Mabry. I'm thinking the Shane Waldron hire boosted Tyler's prospects for 2021. He can line up in multiple positions and he can block. The Waldron hire should make Mabry all round ability a good fit in the new offense. But of course he'll have to compete to prove it.

............... I'm anticipating a good start to the new Waldron era.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Overpay. Russ will make him look better, though.
    Fade
    NET Veteran

• Mizak wrote:https://mobile.twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1372330800256024586

Mind as well go after Todd Gurley.

Next sound you hear....
    Tusc2000
    NET Veteran

• Cyrus12 wrote:Would rather see that go to an oline or de..guess Dissly and Parkinson are just guys...swing and a miss picks

Parkinson? He barely played last year. Let's actually see him in action before labeling him a missed pick.
    Thepeelsessions
    NET Veteran

• I love the signing. Huge potential playing with an elite QB in another contract year. Very athletic dude that Waldon knows and coveted.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

• getnasty wrote:I love the signing. Huge potential playing with an elite QB in another contract year. Very athletic dude that Waldon knows and coveted.

Bingo
    John63
    NET Veteran

• Are you guys ever happy?
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

• Shanegotyou11 wrote:Are you guys ever happy?

Doesn’t seem like it.
    oldhawkfan
    NET Veteran

• Thepeelsessions wrote:
    Cyrus12 wrote:Would rather see that go to an oline or de..guess Dissly and Parkinson are just guys...swing and a miss picks

Parkinson? He barely played last year. Let's actually see him in action before labeling him a missed pick.

People continuing to expect waaaay too much from mid-round picks.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• Ehh we talked about this before. I saw him coming here, so did others. It's cool. Not sure we needed it. We've always been good at plugging in te we had for cheap but since we had Jimmy we try to force te's in this offense. I thought we would be ok with dissly, Parkinson and bring back Hollister. It's cool though. Everett will be nice. Has a bit of the dropsies, but he could do well here.

We could have used that money toward more oline.
    jamescasey1124
    NET Veteran

• Hate the pick. Strapped for cash and they throw 6 million at a guy who had 400 yards receiving and 1 TD last season. I'm sure Waldron vouched for him because they are buddies or something, but come on. Cant say its unexpected though, Seattle does this every year. Greg Olson part 2 coming up.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

• pittpnthrs wrote:Hate the pick. Strapped for cash and they throw 6 million at a guy who had 400 yards receiving and 1 TD last season. I'm sure Waldron vouched for him because they are buddies or something, but come on. Cant say its unexpected though, Seattle does this every year. Greg Olson part 2 coming up.

My hope is that he can come here and do better when he’s not behind Higbee, Woods, and Kupp for targets. Here he’ll have to compete with Lockett and DK, and those are longer yardage threats rather than short yardage guys like Kupp and Higbee. Also, Everett averaged the 4th most yards after catch among all TE’s. That’s something we’ve sorely lacked.
    rsRyno
    NET Practice Squad

• I am so tired of short term deals

We are in the cap issue with so many FA players because we have been signing short term deals

Very few long term solid players have been signed as FA by Hawks and we have no draft picks.

So next year back in the same boat with no TE
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• lol @ the gnashing of teeth because we signed someone by the same people gnashing their teeth because we didn't sign someone. :roll:

Nice that the OC gets a player that knows and fits his system.
    Own The West
    NET Veteran

• Everett is a direct upgrade to Hollister. We could see Hollister dealt for some late draft capital from the 5th to 7th, which in addition to the performance upgrade would further justify the salary.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• I love when our fans come on here posting base stats using that as a whole picture..

ROFL
    balakoth
    NET Rookie

• Maelstrom787 wrote:Everett is a direct upgrade to Hollister. We could see Hollister dealt for some late draft capital from the 5th to 7th, which in addition to the performance upgrade would further justify the salary.

He's a free agent already I think.

Hollister was a sub par player, this is a good upgrade. Now you have an inline blocker in Dissly, a flex tight end in Everett, and a wild card in Parkinson.

I like the signing. It's a prove it deal and someone who knows the system. I don't care if he only had 400 yards a year, he wasn't the focal point there with Kupp and Woods. He won't be here either. 6m is a little bit high but I would rather have him than a 2m guy like Hollister that shouldn't be out there in the first place.
    Teahawks
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• Teahawks wrote:
    Maelstrom787 wrote:Everett is a direct upgrade to Hollister. We could see Hollister dealt for some late draft capital from the 5th to 7th, which in addition to the performance upgrade would further justify the salary.

He's a free agent already I think.

Hollister was a sub par player, this is a good upgrade. Now you have an inline blocker in Dissly, a flex tight end in Everett, and a wild card in Parkinson.

I like the signing. It's a prove it deal and someone who knows the system. I don't care if he only had 400 yards a year, he wasn't the focal point there with Kupp and Woods. He won't be here either. 6m is a little bit high but I would rather have him than a 2m guy like Hollister that shouldn't be out there in the first place.

You're right. Proceed to ignore me, lol. No idea why I thought he was under contract.

Regardless, I do enjoy the signing. He knows the coordinator, has great yard after catch ability, and should provide a reliable target for Russ in an offense that figures to utilize tight ends more effectively and more often.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• I dont mind this pickup but should be after Dunlap or Clowney signing.
    rcaido
    NET Veteran

• jamescasey1124 wrote:Ehh we talked about this before. I saw him coming here, so did others. It's cool. Not sure we needed it. We've always been good at plugging in te we had for cheap but since we had Jimmy we try to force te's in this offense. I thought we would be ok with dissly, Parkinson and bring back Hollister. It's cool though. Everett will be nice. Has a bit of the dropsies, but he could do well here.

We could have used that money toward more oline.

Well when we Trade Wilson, Wagner and Adams we should have plenty of money.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Honestly, calm down guys! Plot twists...Hawks trade 1 or 2 TEs for drafts picks, but they have to make sure they got thier upgrade first.

Is this dude an upgrade? Yes! Do we like upgrades? Yes! I want better OLmen more then anyone, but I love the position up grade and I am willing to see how the next week turns out. What are we, 3 days deep into FA? With trades and draft picks coming up we have plenty of time!
    Hawks2022
    NET Rookie

• If Shotty was still here, I wouldn't like the signing that much. But, step back from the doom and gloom train and think about who his OC is. Someone who knows the guy and actually knows how to utilize the TE. Just sayin....
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• Maelstrom787 wrote:Everett is a direct upgrade to Hollister. We could see Hollister dealt for some late draft capital from the 5th to 7th, which in addition to the performance upgrade would further justify the salary.

Is he a 3m dollar upgrade though? Twice the player as Hollister?

Here's an idea i'm throwing out there. How about drafting a TE thats actually worth a damn. That would be different.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

• pittpnthrs wrote:
    Maelstrom787 wrote:Everett is a direct upgrade to Hollister. We could see Hollister dealt for some late draft capital from the 5th to 7th, which in addition to the performance upgrade would further justify the salary.

Here's an idea i'm throwing out there. How about drafting a TE thats actually worth a damn. That would be different.

He's probably a 3m dollar upgrade, yeah. If they drafted a tight end, all you guys would whine about how they shouldn't have drafted a tight end. Not every need can be filled via the draft, it just doesn't work that way.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• Maelstrom787 wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:

He's probably a 3m dollar upgrade, yeah. If they drafted a tight end, all you guys would whine about how they shouldn't have drafted a tight end. Not every need can be filled via the draft, it just doesn't work that way.

If they ever drafted one that was any good, I doubt you would hear any complaining. Lets look at their drafting at the TE position over the years.

Anthony McCoy, Luke Willson, Nick Vannett, Will Dissly, Colby Parkinson, Stephen Sullivan. Sheesh, they are worse at drafting that position than they are with offensive linemen. Its no wonder they constantly over pay for free agent TEs.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

• I think this makes sense and is a good fit for us. I would have preferred a 2 or 3 year deal. This makes him the 17th highest paid TE in the league and on the similar pay to Cameron Brate, Nick Boyle, Tyler Kroft, CJ Uzomah, Eric Ebron Blake Jarwin.

Good Size - 6'3" 240lbs
    Good Age - 26
    Good Metrics - 4.6 (40) and 37.5 (vert)
    Familiar with New Coordinators system

As a former 2nd round pick he is really just starting to show his full potential.
    Has shown improvement each season with increased catches and yards.
    Wenhawk
    .NET Owner

• Is it just me but I’ve been seeing that Everett is decent in his blocking fits. To me it seems Everett is a step-up from getting a 36 year old Greg Olsen or Jimmy Graham as an in-line blocker. Plus, It helps Waldron having someone he’s familiar with to help transition the offense forward . I don’t know if 6 mil is considered an overpay when you have some TEs signing for 10-15 mil apy in this current market. It’s a solid signing and one many thought would happen.

For me Everett is much more warranted, has much more of a higher ceiling, and perhaps much more guaranteed success to be more impactful on his 1 for 6 than Olsen was on his 1 for 7. Everett can be your seam breaker/crosser trump card while Dissly can be utilized as more of your RZ threat with Parkinson backing both roles.
    Pandion Haliaetus
    NET Veteran

• I think its a decent signing. A little higher than I thought it might be but after Johnu signed I thought this would be the TE we target.
    Natethegreat
    NET Veteran

• I think the signing was a decent move. Expensive? Well that relative, given the cap situation it was costly, however compared to what the Patriots paid Jonnu Smith it's a deal. What makes it frustrating is the needs at OL and DL and no clear path to fix those this season thus far. Think most folks feel the line on both sides should be addressed first and I think the Seahawks are bidding their time because of all the cash thrown at linemen early on. Look at what the 49ers gave Trent Williams, kind of obscene and risky as heck.
    Harold Seattle
    NET Bench Warmer

Next

It is currently Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:28 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information