Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Seahawks should have taken the bears picks....

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
  • And send them to the Texans for Watson. It's the only way I can see giving up RW.
    NY Hawk
    NET Bench Warmer

• So in a sense you wanted 2 players, no picks and no QBs?

Theres a very good chance Watson doesnt see the field this year at this point
    balakoth
    NET Rookie

• Apparently you've missed the mounting serious legal situation Watson finds himself in.

PASS. Thank God Russell Wilson remains a Seahawk.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• No.

Watson has some off the field controversy. The Bears offer was weak sauce.

The Seahawks were smart to walk away from that deal.
    After we win the Superbowl this season, we can look back at that fateful meeting in Fargo.

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference." Robert Frost

My buddy Jack on the city bus put it most eloquently:

Russ is like our wife. We've been together forever. We know she got some strengths and weaknesses. We all do. Hey, nobody perfect right brother? *elbows me in the ribs.
    But you gotta think sometimes. Think about the good times. Why you fell in love with her. You are committed to each other. You're going through a martial spat right now, but the best couples push through and come out stronger for it.

When we met with the Bears, it was like meeting up with Kelly in accounting in a cheap motel off I-90. The one you've had your eye on for a bit, but knock it off Jack, you're married you don't do that! You look into her eyes and ask yourself, what am I doing? Have I lost my mind? You tell Kelly thanks, but no thanks. I'm a married man!

You go back home to your wife, Jack, and you tell her you're sorry, you buy her some flowers (trade for an O lineman) and you make passionate love. Together we can make it through this!

I thank Jack for his wisdom.
    Last edited by Jerhawk on Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

• Aros wrote:Apparently you've missed the mounting serious legal situation Watson finds himself in.

PASS. Thank God Russell Wilson remains a Seahawk.

So much this. :ditto: Kind of tired of bringing in guys with legal $h!t hanging over them. :141847_bnono:
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• There's no way the OP wasn't being sarcastic at this point.....

What is it, 16 women currently?

Pretty sure this was a joke.
    Hawkpower
    NET Veteran

• 33 posts by the OP. Troll. Do not reply to this thread
    seabowl
    NET Veteran

• I like Turtles
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• I’m not saying Watson is guilty but....that’s a lot of accusations. Anyways, I know this was a troll post and point taken.

Russ is our franchise QB and will take us to another SB. Just hope the FO and him work it out because this team can do it.
    Elemas
    NET Veteran

• Wasn't even close to being enough in trade for Wilson.

Disagree totally with the OP and don't want Houston's QB now or at all.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• I would have only traded wilson for a teams entire draft for 10 years. And we know that's not even possible.
    Msfann
    NET Veteran

• Glad Hawks didn’t take the Bears offer. Just not a good package when you consider low pick slots and big $$$ contracts coming back. We would have been doing them a favor.
    nwHawk
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

• This was posted on March 24th after 16 people accused Watson of sexual misconduct. The dude is not starting week 1 2021 and could still be suspended in 2022.

You could have just saved everyone a lot of time by saying you only pay attention to the Seahawks and have no clue about any other player or team in the NFL.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

• NY Hawk wrote:And send them to the Texans for Watson. It's the only way I can see giving up RW.

Trade for a guy headed to jail? Lol
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

• Forget Watson. After living through the whole Josh Gordon situation the past 2 seasons, adding another star player who may not be available to us is just not worth it -- especially in a critical position like QB.
    Tusc2000
    NET Veteran

• Niners are going to give up three firsts and a third to draft an unknown QB. Why would me take that for a hall of famer who has proven his worth and is in his prime?
    TAB420
    NET Veteran

• Looks like the Digits are rolling the dice big time with their draft trades, it will screw them royally if the player drafted doesn’t prove to be an elite QB. I hope they screw it up and it costs them big time as I’d hope they don’t improve. Seems to me the NFC -W will soon have the 4 QBs most talked about save Brady in the NFL. LA has rolled the dice big time too, and may find themselves in world of hurt too.

At least Pn’J traded big for a known All Pro player instead of into a cross your fingers and hope situation.

The trade compensation offered by the Bears wasn’t even closer to being enough for Wilson as each of the early picks would have significantly decreased in value each year Wilson was there in Chicago. I doubt I’d have traded Wilson for 3 -1s, 3-2s, plus the players named. Finding elite QBs is not easy and you try to keep them at most any cost b/c there are no guarantees that even so called ‘sure thing’ draft picks will actually pan out.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• jammerhawk wrote:Looks like the Digits are rolling the dice big time with their draft trades, it will screw them royally if the player drafted doesn’t prove to be an elite QB. I hope they screw it up and it costs them big time as I’d hope they don’t improve. Seems to me the NFC -W will soon have the 4 QBs most talked about save Brady in the NFL. LA has rolled the dice big time too, and may find themselves in world of hurt too.

At least Pn’J traded big for a known All Pro player instead of into a cross your fingers and hope situation.

The trade compensation offered by the Bears wasn’t even closer to being enough for Wilson as each of the early picks would have significantly decreased in value each year Wilson was there in Chicago. I doubt I’d have traded Wilson for 3 -1s, 3-2s, plus the players named. Finding elite QBs is not easy and you try to keep them at most any cost b/c there are no guarantees that even so called ‘sure thing’ draft picks will actually pan out.

Finding elite QB's is not easy. But the thing is, the Hawks are not going to trade Wilson unless they have a plan giving them a good QB that they feel comfortable with. If they find a QB, he doesn't have to be as good as Wilson... he just needs to be very competent and compliment the system. this is a team game, that's the way i see it

LTH
    LTH
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• I'm the one who posted this and I'm not a troll. I've been a fan for more years than a lot of you been on this planet. I posted this because RW threw bread crumbs out there. Named teams he would like to play for. Just say you want out. And if that were to happen then the only QB I would want other than RW is Watson. Yes Watson is going through it right now but teams are still calling the Texans trying to get a trade done. I really don't like what RW did and I think some of the stuff he's complaining about is his own fault. How about you stop holding the damn ball so long ...and it was YOU who threw a pick 6 in the playoffs.
    NY Hawk
    NET Bench Warmer

• NY Hawk wrote:And send them to the Texans for Watson. It's the only way I can see giving up RW.

NOPE. :pukeface:
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• NY Hawk wrote:I'm the one who posted this and I'm not a troll. I've been a fan for more years than a lot of you been on this planet. I posted this because RW threw bread crumbs out there. Named teams he would like to play for. Just say you want out. And if that were to happen then the only QB I would want other than RW is Watson. Yes Watson is going through it right now but teams are still calling the Texans trying to get a trade done. I really don't like what RW did and I think some of the stuff he's complaining about is his own fault. How about you stop holding the damn ball so long ...and it was YOU who threw a pick 6 in the playoffs.

well first Wilson did not name teams his agent did.
    2nd the FO put the crumbs out first by continually looking at QBs
    3rd under PC every QB he has ever head int e4h NFL were amongst the tops in sacks, hit, hurries and pressures. This is nto just a Wilson thing. This is a PC thing
    4th I would not touch Watson with a 10 foot pole. IF you dont like what you perceive Wilson did why would you like what Watson did and will do as he said he will not play.
    5th in case you forgot Wilson did say he needs to get better. But PFF said Wilson was responsible for about 20-25% of his sacks., Guess what that still leave what would have been a top 10 in sacks that he had nothing to do with and that is not counting hits, hurries and pressures. Wilson was the #1 QB in getting hit, hurries, sacked or pressured in under 2.5 seconds. Guess what he has been #1 every year since 2012. That is not on Wilson if you get hit, hurried, salced or pressured in under 2.5 seconds.
    5th you may be a Seahawks fan I don't know, but it is obvious you don't like Wilson because you did not even get your facts right and are very hypocritical given you want Watson who has handled his situation far worse.
    John63
    NET Veteran

• John63 wrote:
    NY Hawk wrote:I'm the one who posted this and I'm not a troll. I've been a fan for more years than a lot of you been on this planet. I posted this because RW threw bread crumbs out there. Named teams he would like to play for. Just say you want out. And if that were to happen then the only QB I would want other than RW is Watson. Yes Watson is going through it right now but teams are still calling the Texans trying to get a trade done. I really don't like what RW did and I think some of the stuff he's complaining about is his own fault. How about you stop holding the damn ball so long ...and it was YOU who threw a pick 6 in the playoffs.

3rd under PC every QB he has ever head int e4h NFL were amongst the tops in sacks, hit, hurries and pressures. This is nto just a Wilson thing. This is a PC thing
    4th I would not touch Watson with a 10 foot pole. IF you dont like what you perceive Wilson did why would you like what Watson did and will do as he said he will not play.
    5th in case you forgot Wilson did say he needs to get better. But PFF said Wilson was responsible for about 20-25% of his sacks., Guess what that still leave what would have been a top 10 in sacks that he had nothing to do with and that is not counting hits, hurries and pressures. Wilson was the #1 QB in getting hit, hurries, sacked or pressured in under 2.5 seconds. Guess what he has been #1 every year since 2012. That is not on Wilson if you get hit, hurried, salced or pressured in under 2.5 seconds.
    5th you may be a Seahawks fan I don't know, but it is obvious you don't like Wilson because you did not even get your facts right and are very hypocritical given you want Watson who has handled his situation far worse.

You always look, do you look at Jackets, Cars, other women, you can window shop and sometimes you see a deal and you jump on it. Looking at a QB and pulling triggers are a lot different. Wilson is an injury away from being forced to retire. If QB is available for trade you have already watched him, or if they come up as a F.A. you have already watched and maybe done a general interview.

Stupid to think just because we have Wilson we would not keep our hand in the process, based on your views we should not even have guys on the practice squad or Smith as a back up because they are a threat to Wilson and Pete might play them.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• I was open to listening to trade scenarios if we got Watson in the beginning of all this, but not anymore.

Even if Watson's doesn't face any criminal charges, he's going to be suspended by the league, and I want no part of that.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Sgt. Largent wrote:I was open to listening to trade scenarios if we got Watson in the beginning of all this, but not anymore.

Even if Watson's doesn't face any criminal charges, he's going to be suspended by the league, and I want no part of that.

We've just been through this with a couple of players. No way we want to risk it at a position as key (and expensive) as QB.

:141847_bnono:
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• chris98251 wrote:
    John63 wrote:
    NY Hawk wrote:I'm the one who posted this and I'm not a troll. I've been a fan for more years than a lot of you been on this planet. I posted this because RW threw bread crumbs out there. Named teams he would like to play for. Just say you want out. And if that were to happen then the only QB I would want other than RW is Watson. Yes Watson is going through it right now but teams are still calling the Texans trying to get a trade done. I really don't like what RW did and I think some of the stuff he's complaining about is his own fault. How about you stop holding the damn ball so long ...and it was YOU who threw a pick 6 in the playoffs.

You always look, do you look at Jackets, Cars, other women, you can window shop and sometimes you see a deal and you jump on it. Looking at a QB and pulling triggers are a lot different. Wilson is an injury away from being forced to retire. If QB is available for trade you have already watched him, or if they come up as a F.A. you have already watched and maybe done a general interview.

Stupid to think just because we have Wilson we would not keep our hand in the process, based on your views we should not even have guys on the practice squad or Smith as a back up because they are a threat to Wilson and Pete might play them.
    I don't read john's posts anymore. Too hard to talk with someone void of deep thoughts and logic.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
    toffee
    NET Veteran

• Wilson isn't going anywhere.

And I like it that way.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *

• toffee wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    John63 wrote:

I don't read john's posts anymore. Too hard to talk with someone void of deep thoughts and logic.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

LOL pot kettle!!!
    John63
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:07 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information