Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The end

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
The end
Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:51 pm

Re: The end
Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:00 pm
  • This won't stop the media from spinning. They want the clicks, so they'll keep making up $h!t.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:05 pm
  • Should I assume this has something to do with Russ? :roll:
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:09 pm
  • Rat wrote:Should I assume this has something to do with Russ? :roll:

According to Jeremy Fowler, Wilson wants to stay in Seattle, is happy with the free agency moves, and is in conversation with Pete.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:14 pm
  • You've spent this whole saga saying none of the rumors should be given any consideration because it was just reporters talking without naming specific sources. Now another reporter says Wilson is happy without explaining how he knows that and it's "the end".

If instead he said he wasn't happy in that same blurb you'd dismiss it as conjecture.

You're in a very specific bubble.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:24 pm
  • pinksheets wrote:You've spent this whole saga saying none of the rumors should be given any consideration because it was just reporters talking without naming specific sources. Now another reporter says Wilson is happy without explaining how he knows that and it's "the end".

If instead he said he wasn't happy in that same blurb you'd dismiss it as conjecture.

Except we heard from Wilson he wants to stay in Seattle. We also have Wilson's tweets about Carson, the olinemam that we tried to get, and him saying go hawks again. Unlike all the others saying he wanted out. The fact this writer substantiate something that Wilson him self said gives them way more standing than the others who had nothing but conjecture. Fyi I think u the one in the bubble not me.
    John63
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:26 pm
  • pinksheets wrote:You've spent this whole saga saying none of the rumors should be given any consideration because it was just reporters talking without naming specific sources. Now another reporter says Wilson is happy without explaining how he knows that and it's "the end".

I know you're talking to OP, but I will say for myself, I genuinely thought there was a serious chance he would be traded over a week ago. Since the Chicago deal was turned down, I think it's all been $h!t, especially with this tweet yesterday:

Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:31 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:
    pinksheets wrote:You've spent this whole saga saying none of the rumors should be given any consideration because it was just reporters talking without naming specific sources. Now another reporter says Wilson is happy without explaining how he knows that and it's "the end".

I know you're talking to OP, but I will say for myself, I genuinely thought there was a serious chance he would be traded over a week ago. Since the Chicago deal was turned down, I think it's all been $h!t, especially with this tweet yesterday:

You're moving to an extreme conclusion.

One of the few named sources in the whole thing was Russ's agent directly telling Adam Schefter the 4 teams to whom he'd accept a trade.

Regardless of the outcome, there's absolutely been something behind all of the chatter. Maybe Russ was trying to make a powerplay and bluffing, maybe he really wanted and even still wants out, maybe he was upset and is cool now - but the people saying it's all made up for clicks are either telling themselves what they want to hear or sincerely don't understand what's happening.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:35 pm
  • pinksheets wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:
    pinksheets wrote:You've spent this whole saga saying none of the rumors should be given any consideration because it was just reporters talking without naming specific sources. Now another reporter says Wilson is happy without explaining how he knows that and it's "the end".

One of the few named sources in the whole thing was Russ's agent directly telling Adam Schefter the 4 teams to whom he'd accept a trade.

Regardless of the outcome, there's absolutely been something behind all of the chatter. Maybe Russ was trying to make a powerplay and bluffing, maybe he really wanted and even still wants out, maybe he was upset and is cool now - but the people saying it's all made up for clicks are either telling themselves what they want to hear or sincerely don't understand what's happening.

Again, I think there was legitimacy to the earlier rumors, as I stated. The stories SINCE the Chicago deal was nixed are the ones I'm calling $h!t on.

Reading comprehension is a hell of a thing.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:44 pm
  • Setting aside Lawrence none of the QB’s are worth top 10 $$$, it’s not worth the risk for Seattle! Even the top of round 2 is sketchy! Lots of great QB prospects but they need time to develop! Mid round 3 is all I can stomach. QB Feleipi Franks is a “Seahawky” guy I like!

I want to trade RW but I can’t find a way to do it under these circumstances! The talent in round 1 isn’t good enough in my opinion. I see 1 LT, 1 WR, 2 CB’s, 1 TE, possibly 2 LB’s, possibly 1 Safety, 1 G.

If Seattle can find a way to draft Fields or Lance outside the top 10 it would be manageable assuming we pick up Darnold or Mariota. I really think Darnold or Mariota could break out, that and Fields or Lance under a reasonable contract makes sense.

Keeping RW and drafting Feleipe Franks in round 5 is my magic sauce right now.
    FresnoHawk68
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:45 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:
    pinksheets wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:

Again, I think there was legitimacy to the earlier rumors, as I stated. The stories SINCE the Chicago deal was nixed are the ones I'm calling $h!t on.

So is writing with precise phrasing. C-
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:57 pm
  • If teams had more cap space they could accommodate RW’s talent demands but nobody can do it this year. RW knows Seattle is his best shot a winning this year!

There’s only 1 way Jets, Oakland or Chicago could successfully recruit RW, redo his contract & make RW a 40 million dollar QB.

There’s multiple ways Jets, Oakland, New Orleans, Carolina, Miami, or Chicago could satisfy Seattle but all of them mean RW isn’t winning playoff games in 2021.
    FresnoHawk68
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:07 pm
  • According to reliable sources ........... it's widely rumored that a tribe of hawk fans believe the Seattle Seahawks show is really just the Russell Wilson show with a cast of extras. Some even believe it's all filmed in a studio somewhere in Southern California. Possibly Ken Behring inspired ..... reliable sources say.

Sorry ......... I wanted to try my hand at spreading rumors.

Carry on with the topic ....... "The end"
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:48 pm
  • pinksheets wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:
    pinksheets wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:

I had no trouble understanding his post.
    JustTheTip
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:54 pm
  • Jville wrote:According to reliable sources ........... it's widely rumored that a tribe of hawk fans believe the Seattle Seahawks show is really just the Russell Wilson show with a cast of extras. Some even believe it's all filmed in a studio somewhere in Southern California. Possibly Ken Behring inspired ..... reliable sources say.

It was a good rumor until you tried to insinuate that Ken Behring ever inspired anything.
    JustTheTip
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:55 pm
  • JustTheTip wrote:
    pinksheets wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:
    pinksheets wrote:You're moving to an extreme conclusion.

I'm happy for you, but this can be read two ways:

Since the Chicago deal was turned down, I think it's all been $h!t

1. That he believes none of the stories since that time.
    2. That his belief in the legitimacy of most of it throughout was eliminated by news the Seahawks rejected an offer

Given that he was specifically replying to my critique of someone who has been denying the legitimacy of it from the beginning, I don't think it's unreasonable to assume he was going for the latter.

Knowing now what he meant now, I guess my reply would be, ".....Good for you, I guess?"
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:20 pm
  • JustTheTip wrote:
    Jville wrote:According to reliable sources ........... it's widely rumored that a tribe of hawk fans believe the Seattle Seahawks show is really just the Russell Wilson show with a cast of extras. Some even believe it's all filmed in a studio somewhere in Southern California. Possibly Ken Behring inspired ..... reliable sources say.

It was a good rumor until you tried to insinuate that Ken Behring ever inspired anything.

But, it wasn't me that insinuated .......... said the author. It was those reliable sources.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:17 pm
  • Anyone who thinks these rumors were fabricated need to take off their #3 onsie. Fact is the cap hit was too high and the picks were not where they needed to be to get him. I am glad it didn't happen. Mack is done and would of been an anchor. The 1st rd picks were way too low.
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:40 pm
  • pinksheets wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:

Regardless of the outcome, there's absolutely been something behind all of the chatter. Maybe Russ was trying to make a powerplay and bluffing, maybe he really wanted and even still wants out, maybe he was upset and is cool now - but the people saying it's all made up for clicks are either telling themselves what they want to hear or sincerely don't understand what‘s happening.

Or maybe it was a move by Russ to leverage more power and more say in the offense?
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:51 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    pinksheets wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:

Regardless of the outcome, there's absolutely been something behind all of the chatter. Maybe Russ was trying to make a powerplay and bluffing, maybe he really wanted and even still wants out, maybe he was upset and is cool now - but the people saying it's all made up for clicks are either telling themselves what they want to hear or sincerely don't understand what‘s happening.

Or maybe it was a move by Russ to leverage more power and more say in the offense?

Does that led full circle back around to a thread theory that Ciara processes mind control over Russell?
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:04 am
  • I do think the Athletic article was probably informed by people in Russ's camp (with or without his involvement), and there was some underlying tension especially regarding the meeting that Russ apparently walked out on. I also think that CAA wouldn't mind Russ moving to LV or Chicago and generally saw this as a way to change the narrative from Russ having a poor second half of the season.

However, most of the reports do seem heavily exaggerated at the least. It was immediately apparent that the four teams that were released as trade partners were not going to be suitable trade targets due to the dead money hit and lack of draft capital involved. Russ's involvement in hiring the new OC was largely overlooked and the lack of public communication from both Russ and the FO was made into a much larger issue than it was.
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:56 am
  • pinksheets wrote:
    JustTheTip wrote:
    pinksheets wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:

I'm happy for you, but this can be read two ways:

Since the Chicago deal was turned down, I think it's all been $h!t

1. That he believes none of the stories since that time.
    2. That his belief in the legitimacy of most of it throughout was eliminated by news the Seahawks rejected an offer

Given that he was specifically replying to my critique of someone who has been denying the legitimacy of it from the beginning, I don't think it's unreasonable to assume he was going for the latter.

Knowing now what he meant now, I guess my reply would be, ".....Good for you, I guess?"
    Nailed it

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
    toffee
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:45 am
  • I think there def. was a beef. I just think it was blown out of proportion. And, as usual, I got blasted for it.
    I am NOT of the belief that there isn't some tension, there clearly is. And it's justified frustration. He'll be here in 2021, and hopefully beyond. But, I certainly COULD see him get traded in 2022 if things don't improve. He's not the first QB who has voiced his frustrations, it just took him 9 years to say something. Guys like Rodgers whine every year, meh.
    And come on John, you can't have it both ways. You can't say that all the media stuff is crap, but then say that another media comment is true.
    The truth is probably somewhere in the middle. Exaggerated by the media, absolutely. That's their job, to get clicks, create drama. That being said, as much as I tell myself there is no way he was going to be traded, that's just not really an absolute. I still think the chance was very slim. And that's MY opinion.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:50 am
  • I’m not sure what it is about having a Top 5 QB, who was clearly the #1 earlier in the season until <insert what you think but it’s because PC took over>, pisses people off.

Like SFish mentioned, he spoke up once....in 9 years.

Let Brady get hit like that. It would be the headliner on CNN. Holding the ball too long or not. Have people ever considered that we throw downfield....like...a lot? Takes time to get open. If PC was ok with going up the middle more (he’s not), time to throw and the hit rate would decrease. Not taking it all off of RW but, cmon.

Anyways, I too believe there is tension but also believe John and Pete aren’t crazy and want to win. That being the case, you don’t trade Russell Wilson. Period.
    Elemas
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:59 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:I think there def. was a beef. I just think it was blown out of proportion. And, as usual, I got blasted for it.
    I am NOT of the belief that there isn't some tension, there clearly is. And it's justified frustration. He'll be here in 2021, and hopefully beyond. But, I certainly COULD see him get traded in 2022 if things don't improve. He's not the first QB who has voiced his frustrations, it just took him 9 years to say something. Guys like Rodgers whine every year, meh.
    And come on John, you can't have it both ways. You can't say that all the media stuff is crap, but then say that another media comment is true.
    The truth is probably somewhere in the middle. Exaggerated by the media, absolutely. That's their job, to get clicks, create drama. That being said, as much as I tell myself there is no way he was going to be traded, that's just not really an absolute. I still think the chance was very slim. And that's MY opinion.

:ditto: Very well said. I agree
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:31 am
  • There has been a definite shift in WIlson's social media since the Bear trade thing got shot down. There was little to no Seahawk stuff before that. Now he's tweeting about moves (and there were a few prior to last week that happened that he didn't tweet on). But along with free agency moves reposted an Instagram clip of DK's TD vs the Pats, wished Damien Lewis happy birthday etc.

The way it looks now, yeah he is frustrated at the hits he takes, was upset about not having more say, but never really actually wanted out.
    HawkRiderFan
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:58 am
  • Now I'm thinking of the classic Doors tune: The End

this is the end.......my only friend.....the end.........
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:39 am
  • It is funny how news we like is always "credible" but news we don't is not.

"Russ wants out!" Not credible.
    "Russ is staying" (Same source) Totally credible.

I heard from "sources" that it is extremely unlikely the Seahawks win more than one playoff game this next season if they even make the playoffs. It is funny how my "sources" believe the same tings I do. LOL
    JayhawkMike
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:24 am
  • pinksheets wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:

"Maybe, Maybe, Maybe", sounds like someone's grasping. :roll:
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:50 am
  • Fowler said that a Wilson trade was "inevitable" a few weeks ago, so it's unclear how reliable he is. It's also worth noting his source is, in all likelihood, Mark Rodgers.

I'm assuming Wilson and his camp are doing some backtracking after realizing the best situation for him is in Seattle. It looks likes Pete and John are allowing Russ to save face by not commenting on how their moves have "appeased" him. This has been a pretty standard offseason by the Seahawks standards, so if that's what it takes to appease him, then he should have been happy the entire time.
    knownone
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:01 am
  • scutterhawk wrote:
    pinksheets wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:

"Maybe, Maybe, Maybe", sounds like someone's grasping. :roll:

Or like someone who isn't on pretending to know what's going on behind the scenes definitively, even.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:20 am
  • Once again here is what we know for a fact

Wilson said he wanted to stay in Seattle

His agent when asked mentioned teams he would accept a trade to if that is what the Hawks wanted but also reiterated Wilson wants to stay in Seattle

Again Wilson said he wants to stay in Seattle

I posted the article because despite the FACT that all these article don't use any real verifiable evidence but mostly speculation and most focus on the negative there are some that focus on the positive and the article I posted while also has some speculation it unlike all the others have a great deal of fact. The article said Wilson wants to stay in Seattle, well guess what Wilson said it. It says Wilson likes the moves so far well again look on Twitter Wilson said it.

So what we have is a bunch of articles with a bunch of unnamed sources, and then we have the article I posted which Wilson himself has substantiated a lot of what is in it. That the difference between most of the article sand the one I posted.

For those who can't understand that I am sorry for you. For those who refuse to again I feel sorry for you.
    John63
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:32 am
  • Let it go, man. He's staying. Who cares who was "right" or "wrong" at this point?
    On to more Free Agency and the Draft. NONE of us truly know what is going on behind closed doors, NONE of us.
    Enough of the personal attacks over something we no have control over. What does it accomplish?
    Russ will be under center in 2021, Pete will be coaching. Like it or not, let's rock.

Move on........
    Last edited by SoulfishHawk on Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:34 am
  • We likely have one year to make the case for Wilson that he is better off here.

We have a new OC, with hopefully a new offense.

We appear to be adding to the defense (but keeping our DC and getting rid of Carlos seem like they will come back to bite us later).

Wilson has 2 goals right now(not in order):

1 - Get legit opportunities to compete for the MVP

2 - Fix his playoff record by getting playoff wins

We likely have little shot at #1, given Pete's proclivities.

So we have to deliver on #2. If we can, we might be able to keep Wilson. If not, we probably lose him.

This all rests on Pete's hands now. Not very confident but I realize this is our only chance.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:36 am
  • Damn good post right there ^^^
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:26 pm
  • massari
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:36 pm
  • massari wrote:

Well the video is wrong he has said many times he wants to stay in the Seattle. So that well lie or omission makea this video worthless.
    John63
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:37 pm
  • TwistedHusky wrote:We likely have one year to make the case for Wilson that he is better off here.

We appear to be adding to the defense (but keeping our DC and getting rid of Carlos seem like they will come back to bite us later).

So we have to deliver on #2. If we can, we might be able to keep Wilson. If not, we probably lose him.

This all rests on Pete's hands now. Not very confident but I realize this is our only chance.

I understand the logic, but I'm not sure why everything has to be framed through the lens of what Wilson wants. He's under contract for 3 more seasons. From a leverage standpoint, they are equals. I'm largely on the do whatever it takes to keep Russell side of things, but it feels like people are trying to remove Wilson's agency from the situation.

What if Seattle does everything right and Wilson fails to meet his own standards? Is that Pete's fault? Is it the front office's fault? If we follow your framing, no matter what happens, everyone but Wilson is to blame. The thing is, that can't possibly be true of a player who exerts more control over the outcome of games than anyone else.
    knownone
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:40 pm
  • John63 wrote:
    massari wrote:

Well the video is wrong he has said many times he wants to stay in the Seattle. So that well lie or omission makea this video worthless.

Let it go Russ...not going anywhere until next year.
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:51 pm
  • John63 wrote:Once again here is what we know for a fact

His agent when asked mentioned teams he would accept a trade to if that is what the Hawks wanted but also reiterated Wilson wants to stay in Seattle

I posted the article because despite the FACT that all these article don't use any real verifiable evidence but mostly speculation and most focus on the negative there are some that focus on the positive and the article I posted while also has some speculation it unlike all the others have a great deal of fact. The article said Wilson wants to stay in Seattle, well guess what Wilson said it. It says Wilson likes the moves so far well again look on Twitter Wilson said it.

So what we have is a bunch of articles with a bunch of unnamed sources, and then we have the article I posted which Wilson himself has substantiated a lot of what is in it. That the difference between most of the article sand the one I posted.

For those who can't understand that I am sorry for you. For those who refuse to again I feel sorry for you.

So, what you're basically saying is:

1. You take all public statements as true on their face
    2. There are only good faith actors so public statements are not strategic or manipulative
    3. Any behind the scenes talk from unnamed sources that contradicts a public statement is false because the public statement is true by virtue of it being a public statement

That's sweet, I guess. It would largely invalidate the PR industry if true, but it's a nice thought.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:59 pm
  • pinksheets wrote:
    John63 wrote:Once again here is what we know for a fact

2. There are only good faith actors so public statements are not strategic or manipulative
    3. Any behind the scenes talk from unnamed sources that contradicts a public statement is false because the public statement is true by virtue of it being a public statement

That's sweet, I guess. It would largely invalidate the PR industry if true, but it's a nice thought.

So under your scenario even if Wilson and PC came out and said all his good, Wilson is our QB etc etc we should not believe it? Must suck to not be able to trust anyone. Believe what you want until PC or Wilson come out and say otherwise I will go with what we know form the source itself not a bunch of unnamed sources. that is as WILSON has said many times now. Wilson wants to stay in Seattle. oh and as to PR firms if you believe them without doing research that is on you., Again the only statement from the source themselves meaning PC or Wilson is Wilson wants to stay in Seattle.
    John63
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:01 pm
  • knownone wrote:
    TwistedHusky wrote:We likely have one year to make the case for Wilson that he is better off here.

I understand the logic, but I'm not sure why everything has to be framed through the lens of what Wilson wants. He's under contract for 3 more seasons. From a leverage standpoint, they are equals. I'm largely on the do whatever it takes to keep Russell side of things, but it feels like people are trying to remove Wilson's agency from the situation.

What if Seattle does everything right and Wilson fails to meet his own standards? Is that Pete's fault? Is it the front office's fault? If we follow your framing, no matter what happens, everyone but Wilson is to blame. The thing is, that can't possibly be true of a player who exerts more control over the outcome of games than anyone else.

ahh where did he say "everyone but Wilson is to blame. " he did nto in fact Wilson himself said he ,meaning Wilson needs to play better. So not sure were you are coming up with this.,
    John63
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:02 pm
  • Cyrus12 wrote:
    John63 wrote:
    massari wrote:

Let it go Russ...not going anywhere until next year.

Might want to tell that to the others in this thread who can't seem to let it go.
    John63
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:03 pm
  • it never ends...….
    Last edited by SoulfishHawk on Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:07 pm
  • John63 wrote:
    pinksheets wrote:

So under your scenario even if Wilson and PC came out and said all his good, Wilson is our QB etc etc we should not believe it? Must suck to not be able to trust anyone. Believe what you want until PC or Wilson come out and say otherwise I will go with what we know form the source itself not a bunch of unnamed sources. that is as WILSON has said many times now. Wilson wants to stay in Seattle. oh and as to PR firms if you believe them without doing research that is on you., Again the only statement from the source themselves meaning PC or Wilson is Wilson wants to stay in Seattle.

Why wouldn't you believe a PR firm? They're making a public statement, which is all it takes.

If Pete and Russ hold a press conference together stating all is well and they're moving forward together, especially if there was something symbolic like a contract extension, worked in, I'd be pretty well convinced they had mended fences.

They have not, though. Does that mean they haven't resolved all of their issues? No, of course not, but there's hardly anything definitively convincing here. Russ saying he wants to be a Hawk isn't good enough - players often say stuff like that before getting traded - even if they want out, they want to keep up appearances. That's by no means convincing unless you want to believe it from the outset.

Barring a big public statement like I noted above, I won't say "definitely not happening this year" until the draft is over.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:08 pm
  • TwistedHusky wrote:We likely have one year to make the case for Wilson that he is better off here.

Maybe Russ has one more year to make a case that we are better off with him here, rather than whatever we can get for him on the open market.
    Hawkpower
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:19 pm
  • I'm more curious why people are so obsessed with this crap and/or why it bothers people so much if someone thinks this is blown a little out of proportion by the media. Something is CLEARLY there, but my god. Give it a rest.....
    He's going to be the QB in 2021. Get over it and get ready for the 2021 season.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:24 pm
  • This thread is about ESPN.

It's not "The End" until ESPN decides it's the end. ESPN and other entertainment outlets will continue to blow air into this narrative as long as it benefits their bottom line or until some other hot narrative comes along and displaces it.

It's not about informing. It's about playing the public. It's simple bait and hook entertainment.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:29 pm
  • pinksheets wrote:
    John63 wrote:
    pinksheets wrote:

Why wouldn't you believe a PR firm? They're making a public statement, which is all it takes.

If Pete and Russ hold a press conference together stating all is well and they're moving forward together, especially if there was something symbolic like a contract extension, worked in, I'd be pretty well convinced they had mended fences.

They have not, though. Does that mean they haven't resolved all of their issues? No, of course not, but there's hardly anything definitively convincing here. Russ saying he wants to be a Hawk isn't good enough - players often say stuff like that before getting traded - even if they want out, they want to keep up appearances. That's by no means convincing unless you want to believe it from the outset.

Barring a big public statement like I noted above, I won't say "definitely not happening this year" until the draft is over.

Again WILSON SAID He wants to stay in Seattle how hard is that for you to understand. That is all I am saying the only PUBLIC statement is Wilson saying he wants to stay in Seattle. All the rest is conjecture with no facts at all.
    John63
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:30 pm
  • Hawkpower wrote:
    TwistedHusky wrote:We likely have one year to make the case for Wilson that he is better off here.

Maybe Russ has one more year to make a case that we are better off with him here, rather than whatever we can get for him on the open market.

OR Maybe the FO has 1 year lef to prove they deserve a top QB
    John63
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:22 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information